Skynet... almost a reality

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with it, so long we pull the plug the first time a robot looks up "How do I kill my human oppressors?".

Meh, every time some new technology in robotics is developed, somebody posts about it claiming it to be the rising of Skynet and I always read it and am disappointed. Come get me when a real AI has been born, and has decided that it is superior to humans and therefor humans must die.

Meh, every time some new technology in robotics is developed, somebody posts about it claiming it to be the rising of Skynet and I always read it and am disappointed. Come get me when a real AI has been born, and has decided that it is superior to humans and therefor humans must die.
Why would you kill those that are inferior to you?! The natural state of inferiors is to serve the superior in mundane tasks that are beneath it...

That... SOUNDS good, but reading between the lines, yeah... I could see that becoming a geth-like problem later...
You mean they might not allow us to just kill them because of our rampant paranoia?!

Status
Not open for further replies.