Export thread

So, Callistarya and I are getting married

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Which a lot of you probably already knew.

Now you can read all about it ;)

http://wedding.tinwhistler.com/

(the site took me about 14-16 hours to put together, which isn't bad, considering most of the time was spent searching for and resizing pictures)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Congratulations sir.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Congratulations to both!

(the site is pretty cool too, and I really liked to read the story about how you met and proposed!)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Congrats, Tin and Calli!!! Yippee!

Chazwozel

Hahaha, Tin doesn't learn from his mistakes!

j/k

fade

fade

Nooo

Cajungal

Cajungal

So, it's a Kung-Fu/Irish theme, right? :p

Also, yay, congrats!

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats :thumbsup:

bhamv3

bhamv3

Man, you look so serious in a lot of those pictures. It's like, "This is my bride, HANDS OFF, ALL OF YOU..." :D

Also, congrats to both of you!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Okay, Marty, Davey and Gene, just like we rehearsed. A one and a two and a...

Congratulations, you lovebirds, you. Onneksi olkoon. Go maire tú do shaol úr.

Just Me

Just Me

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!
Congratulations!

WolfOfOdin

Congrats!

Also, I expect your wedding cake to be a life-size replica of Homer Simpson. Why do I expect this? Because I'd like to see.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Congratulations Tin!

Dave

Dave

Congrats to you both! I wish you only the very, very best!

Chibibar

Congrat! :) woo

Chippy

Chippy

Congrats!

Shannow

Shannow

Congratulations to you and your soon to be bride.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Congrats...

Are we all invited?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Congratulations.

Iaculus

(doffs fedora).

Congratulations, good sir and madam.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congrats...

Are we all invited?
Could I write "Admit one" on a cake? :D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Could I write a "B" and an "R" on a one dollar bill?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That will get you into the Bachelorette party.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

That will get you into the Bachelorette party.[/QUOTE]

:whoo:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Awesome, Tin! Congrats!

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

That's great news. Congratulations!

LordRavage

Congrats you two wild and crazy kids!

General Specific

General Specific

Am I the only one who has consistently misread the title as "Calleja and I are getting married"?

Anyway, congrats guys

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Congrats!

Also, I expect your wedding cake to be a life-size replica of Homer Simpson. Why do I expect this? Because I'd like to see.
Hate to disappoint you, but we're leaning more toward something like this
http://72.41.48.72/images/red%20roses%20and%20ribbon%20wedding.jpg
http://72.41.48.72/images/red%20roses%20and%20ribbon%20wedding.jpg[/QUOTE]

*yawn*

Krisken

Krisken

Congrats Tin! May your future be filled with memories as lovely as the ones you now experience together.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congrats Tin! May your future be filled with memories as lovely as the ones you now experience together.
Kriskens: The only snack that writes for Hallmark cards.

Philosopher B.

Congrats, biatches!

(the site is pretty cool too, and I really liked to read the story about how you met and proposed!)
For real, yo. That thing about meeting up nearly twenty years later sounded like something out of a movie.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I JUST now read the "how we met" stories! That's the sweetest thing. :)

KCWM

KCWM

Very cool, Tin. Congratulations.

And, I didn't even get an invite and I live 15 minutes away from them, SO SCREW YOU GUYS...wait, you guys as in the forum, not tin/calli...crap!

I wish you both the best.

chakz

First of all congratulations, thats great to hear.

Second, thanks to the "Mispronounce calleja's name" meme I thought this thread was about him.

Edit: Just read the rest of the thread.
Am I the only one who has consistently misread the title as "Calleja and I are getting married"?

Anyway, congrats guys
Apparently the answer is no.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Congrats, my man.

May your children become rich and successful enough to support their parents' browsing habits in their old age!

Odie

Congrats and Good Luck!

callistarya

Congrats!

Hate to disappoint you, but we're leaning more toward something like this
http://72.41.48.72/images/red%20roses%20and%20ribbon%20wedding.jpg
http://72.41.48.72/images/red%20roses%20and%20ribbon%20wedding.jpg[/QUOTE]

*yawn*[/QUOTE]

Jealous........

Cajungal

Cajungal

Callistarya, do you have your dress?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Jealous........
Of a plain white cake that's been seen a million times? I was hoping for something more creative.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Jealous........
Of a plain white cake that's been seen a million times? I was hoping for something more creative.[/QUOTE]

Like a cactus. Nobody expects a wedding cactus.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That would have been awesome.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I said it as an absurd joke, but I'm really liking this idea... We'll see if I still remember it when I get married. It WILL BE awesome!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Make sure you get this one:

Alucard

A Death Star wedding cake would be cool

Espy

Espy

Congrats you crazy kids!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Then they'd have to hear every single guest utter "That's no cake..." :confused:

Alucard

fine what about an r2-d2 cake then?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oooo, a beeping cake.

Calli--You're GORGEOUS! I love wedding dresses with red detail.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like the cake. It's classy, it matches your dress, and the subtle little frosting details and the ribbons are very pretty.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Jealous........
Of a plain white cake that's been seen a million times? I was hoping for something more creative.[/QUOTE]

It goes with the dress/wedding colors..[/QUOTE]

Oh, is that how it works? Everything has to match?

I clearly need to change my wedding plans to steampunk style.

callistarya

Jealous........

It goes with the dress/wedding colors..[/QUOTE]

Oh, is that how it works? Everything has to match?

I clearly need to change my wedding plans to steampunk style.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't HAVE to match. We just prefer it that way. Also, no one said anything about white cake, Shego. You assumed....and you know what that makes you. ;P JK

The picture is not exact, just an idea. Besides, the cake is not the focal point here. lol

I can't wait! It's going to be lovely and beautiful.

callistarya

Oooo, a beeping cake.

Calli--You're GORGEOUS! I love wedding dresses with red detail.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! You're so sweet. I just hope I don't trip on the damn thing while walking down the stairs. lol

chakz

Then they'd have to hear every single guest utter "That's no cake..." :confused:[/QUOTE]

Its a lie...

Alright alright, I'll stop gumming up your thread with lame jokes ;) Have an awesome wedding!

bhamv3

bhamv3

I agree, that dress looks awesome. It never occurred to me to put red trimming on a wedding dress.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I catered a wedding where the bride wore a dress kind of like that. It's my favorite type of wedding dress.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It doesn't HAVE to match. We just prefer it that way. Also, no one said anything about white cake, Shego. You assumed....and you know what that makes you. ;P JK
He said "this is the cake we're looking at". Dunno how that was an assumption.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Congrats to both of you. I'm pretty sure I said you were both very lucky already someplace else.
But hey, you get my first post of the new year! Yay! :-P

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler;329209

Hate to disappoint you, but we're [B
Tinwhistler;329209 Hate to disappoint you said:
leaning more toward[/B] something like this
which, I thought, meant that was the sort of style we were currently thinking about, but had not made a decision on. I'm not sure how that gives the impression that that is the exact cake we'd decided on. That's not even where we're getting the cake...i just googled up something close to what we had talked about before.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:rolleyes:

Dave

Dave

You also have to remember that the wedding cake is not usually the one that is funny. That's usually reserved for the groom's cake.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

So again, I repeat:

:yawn:

Dave

Dave

So again, I repeat:

:yawn:
I have been to about a gazillion wedding receptions and seen all sorts of cakes, both wedding and groom. I will tell you this now - even though you may think it's boring, it's classy, simple and elegant. I have seen disasters and cakes that made sense to nobody but the bride & groom. While I realize that this is their day, alienating the loved ones you invite is a bad idea. Like the couples who play only music that they listen to and disregard the crowd, doing inside-joke unique things only rarely work and normally do nothing but push away people who took time out of their weekend to come to your celebration, probably bringing at least a card in the process.

Inside jokes are fine, but not thinking of your crowd is the biggest mistake a bride & groom can make.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

You're totally right. I'm completely readable/predicatable because I "go against the trends". :rolleyes:

Dave: Pleasing the crowd before pleasing yourself on "your day"? I'm not seeing how that is the right move.

Dave

Dave

Dave: Pleasing the crowd before pleasing yourself on "your day"? I'm not seeing how that is the right move.
If you want the reception to be a success you follow this formula: The Wedding ceremony is for you, the reception is for everyone.

You can disbelieve me if you want. But I have a LOT of experience in this area and I will tell you that whether you see it or not does not change the truth of the situation.

makare

If you want the reception to be a success you follow this formula: The Wedding ceremony is for you, the reception is for everyone.

You can disbelieve me if you want. But I have a LOT of experience in this area and I will tell you that whether you see it or not does not change the truth of the situation.[/QUOTE]

Are you a closet wedding planner? Are you that guy from My Fair Wedding!?

(I love that show... yes I am ashamed)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The question is: Success according to who?

Dave

Dave

Valid question. So you have to ask yourself, if you don't want your crowd to have a good time why are you inviting them to the reception? Do you want to share your special day with them or are you just trolling for gifts? If you're trolling for gift by all means do whatever you want. If you want to share your day with them then why do everything for yourself and not take them into consideration? That seems selfish and counter-intuitive to what you are planning. You invited these people and are then going to ignore them and what could make them have a good time? That makes no sense.

Yes, I've done wedding were the bride & groom (or bride/bride, groom/groom) did what they wanted without regard to others. For example, one couple took dancing lessons so they wanted waltzes, sambas, tangos, etc. You get the picture. The crowd WANTED to have a good time. You can feel it when they are there to party and have a great time. But I couldn't. I had to play this crap that nobody but the bride & groom - who spent very little time on the dance floor - wanted to hear. The party broke up early, nobody had a good time and the couple bitched that their crowd complained.

makare, I very well could be a wedding planner, but I wouldn't do well because of people who hire them and then don't take their advice.

Again, Shego, when you get married you can do what you like. All of the vendors will do exactly as you want them to. But if you hire a hall, band/DJ, cake, caterer, etc. and then don't bother taking your guests into consideration you're going to end up with an early evening and a party that is remembered for being boring and regretful.

makare

makare, I very well could be a wedding planner, but I wouldn't do well because of people who hire them and then don't take their advice.
That's why the my fair wedding guy is so awesome. He comes in takes a look at the tacky wedding nonsense the bride has picked, says "um, no" and voila DREAM WEDDING. I love the tackiness.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Valid question. So you have to ask yourself, if you don't want your crowd to have a good time why are you inviting them to the reception? Do you want to share your special day with them or are you just trolling for gifts? If you're trolling for gift by all means do whatever you want. If you want to share your day with them then why do everything for yourself and not take them into consideration? That seems selfish and counter-intuitive to what you are planning. You invited these people and are then going to ignore them and what could make them have a good time? That makes no sense.

Yes, I've done wedding were the bride & groom (or bride/bride, groom/groom) did what they wanted without regard to others. For example, one couple took dancing lessons so they wanted waltzes, sambas, tangos, etc. You get the picture. The crowd WANTED to have a good time. You can feel it when they are there to party and have a great time. But I couldn't. I had to play this crap that nobody but the bride & groom - who spent very little time on the dance floor - wanted to hear. The party broke up early, nobody had a good time and the couple bitched that their crowd complained.

Again, Shego, when you get married you can do what you like. All of the vendors will do exactly as you want them to. But if you hire a hall, band/DJ, cake, caterer, etc. and then don't bother taking your guests into consideration you're going to end up with an early evening and a party that is remembered for being boring and regretful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was simply talking about the cake. :bush:

Dave

Dave

Again, Shego, when you get married you can do what you like. All of the vendors will do exactly as you want them to. But if you hire a hall, band/DJ, cake, caterer, etc. and then don't bother taking your guests into consideration you're going to end up with an early evening and a party that is remembered for being boring and regretful.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was simply talking about the cake. :bush:[/QUOTE]

I know. I dig it. I just get a little WARRLGARBL sometimes when it comes to wedding receptions. I just have to shake my head at the mistakes that are preventable.

Wasabi Poptart

Best wishes to you both!

callistarya

You can disbelieve me if you want. But I have a LOT of experience in this area and I will tell you that whether you see it or not does not change the truth of the situation.[/QUOTE]

Well said and thank you. We have even arranged for all types of music as well to fit everyone. We have songs from Nora Jones to Rob zombie. :))) The wedding party is going to do the cupid shuffle at the reception. (Tin's idea) :)

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Weddings.....are a show. Receptions.........are a party. The show is for you and your partner. The party is to have a blast and share a great time with everyone. Why wouldn't you consider what they will and will not like for the party. You would if you were throwing one at your house, right?

---------- Post added at 06:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

Fuck it!!!! no cake! Bananas Foster for everyone! heheheh

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Dave, that is some pretty damn good advice and I'll have to put that thought towards mine and my fiancee's thing. Thanks :).

Cajungal

Cajungal

Reminds me of a friend of mine. He told me that a wedding ceremony and reception is for your loved ones as much as you, otherwise you'd just elope, because you didn't care about including anyone. I think that's a bit simply put, but I agree with what he meant--that the guests deserve to feel comfortable and wanted. And it's not too hard to reach a balance between adding personal touches that you want and not excluding people.

On the subject of cake... my sister and her husband had two very unusual desserts--a bunch of round, mini-cakes in the shape of a cone and a guitar-shaped cake. They were both presented on the same table, and people loved them. Unusual or personal stuff doesn't have to exclude people, but in some cases it can. It all depends on how you do it and who's coming to the wedding, really. Everyone knows that my brother in law's a musician, so it wasn't this big unusual thing. Anyway..

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

My parent's wedding cake was pretty unusual. It was several layers of cake shaped like little white swans. They were absolutely horrified by the sight (they didn't choose the cake, I don't know who did), but the picture before the "classic" cutting the cake together one was of my father having said something funny about the cake and my mother laughing, bending slightly with her mouth open.
The shape of the cake didn't really matter.