So I am starting the LOTRO trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anything about the game, so I figured I would give it a shot. My questions for anybody who plays are, what servers you guys play on? Are there any pure caster classes? Any classes that solo efficiently? Any help would be appreciated![schild=23,1,000000,C0C0C0:1he5yneb]I has a question[/schild:1he5yneb]

I haven't tried the game, but I'll be watching this thread with interest. I need a new game.

It's a good game with great lore. Graphics are top notch and the gaming mechanics of the game are a lot like WoW except that it's not as smooth or refined. If you're a LOTR/Tolkein fan, this is a no miss. Leveling is fun but once at lvl 60 (i think) the game becomes less interesting due to lack of end game content. Updates however, are pretty regular, but come in small chunks.

So an update, I currently have a level 7 Ranger on Brandywine server. I am enjoying the new quests (same get <insert item here> quests) but the new back drop and character skills are making it easy to go through them. It's nice to see people running around and doing quests as well, as I didn't see any of that while playing Vanguard. I am hoping it is a nice and fun trip up to 60 and maybe by the time I get up there, there will be some content =)

ZenMonkey said:
Edrondol said:
I haven't tried the game, but I'll be watching this thread with interest. I need a new game.
There's always WoW.
I got so bored with WoW. I think I burned myself out on it. For a while I was playing it a LOT! It was starting to affect my marriage. So I said buh-bye. I still have the characters and sometimes find myself looking at them longingly...

alright, i'm getting back into this. i was in the beta and have a level 15 dwarf, really the only reason i left was because money was short.

i will let you all know how it goes.

O

Oddbot

Docseverin said:
I don't know anything about the game, so I figured I would give it a shot. My questions for anybody who plays are, what servers you guys play on? Are there any pure caster classes? Any classes that solo efficiently? Any help would be appreciated![schild=23,1,000000,C0C0C0:2riy3qph]I has a question[/schild:2riy3qph]
There is a pure caster class, the Rune-keeper who is both a top DPS nuker and the 2nd best healer in the game. (the catch is you can't do both at the same time). There's also the Lore-master who is basically a support caster specializing in CC/debuffing.

All classes can solo adequately. Some have more survivability than others while some kill faster, but any class you pick will be able to handle solo content fine.

Docseverin said:
So an update, I currently have a level 7 Ranger on Brandywine server. I am enjoying the new quests (same get <insert item here> quests) but the new back drop and character skills are making it easy to go through them. It's nice to see people running around and doing quests as well, as I didn't see any of that while playing Vanguard. I am hoping it is a nice and fun trip up to 60 and maybe by the time I get up there, there will be some content =)
Hello. You're on my server so if you have any questions feel free to send me a tell. When you get there you'll find that there is PLENTY of content at 60, including some of the best designed instances in the game (My personal favorites being Forges and Fil Gashen). The latest update actually just added 3 new endgame instances as well as a new 12 man raid dungeon. And of course there's a crap-ton of content while leveling up. I can assure you you'll never hit a point where you have no quests to do from 1-60.

Status
Not open for further replies.