Export thread

So I bought 5 Broken NES's

Covar

Covar

:D

I assure you there is a point to this. Maybe.

I bought 5 broken Nintendo Entertainment Systems off of eBay last week. I only needed one, but it was easier to find a bulk purchase like that.

What do I plan to do? Why, use the case for my XBMC HTPC that I'm building of course. It should be a pretty good box, with a mini ITX motherboard running an Atom N230 and integrated nVidia GeForce 9400M with HDMI output. I'm going to be running it with 2GB of ram and a 1.5TB hdd (to start with). I'll probably make up a post/HOWTO with lots of nice pretty pictures once I start putting things together.

Anyway does anyone have any suggestions on what to do with my Other 4 NES's? I think I might make an arcade stick with one (thank you Kotaku) or maybe two. Otherwise I'm just putting the rest back up on eBay.

Dave

Dave

Skeet shooting.

Hylian

Hylian

Depending on what's broken you could probably just fix the system's and than sell them or even just keep them. But as far as a project you could always make a DVD player out of one.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Hmm... Lunchbox maybe? It'd be fairly simple too.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think he should modify those little moving floor cleaners, add some padding around the NES and watching a glorfied Nintendo swoosh around his floor, cleaning everything in it's path.

Covar

Covar

RoombaNES - very, very tempting.

Lunchbox - a little to big I think, but it might make a good toaster.

Fixing them - maybe, not worth keeping though since I have a working NES already.

DVD Player - I would try and fit it in with the HTPC, but I have a 360, and have no need for yet another box that can play DVDs

Skeets - not feasible where I live.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

These are excellent ideas guys, keep them up!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Teach them to feel love?

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Skeet shooting.
AWW SKEET SKEET

Covar

Covar

Teach them to feel love?
So that's two for the RoombaNES? I like it.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Custom-made Transformer.

His name will be Replay, and he will be awesome.

Eriol

Eriol

I'd say repair one, do whatever (RoombaNES is a great idea) with the others. You never know exactly how long your existing NES will hold out, and a backup is never a bad idea.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Mold your NES and your Wii together.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Combine all 5 into a super robot. NINTENTRON, SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE.

Shannow

Shannow

Combine all 5 into a super robot. NINTENTRON, SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE.

Or, jsut name it ROB

Rubicon

Skeet shooting.
AWW SKEET SKEET[/QUOTE]

heh...so many people don't get the meaning of that usually if you say that in person

figmentPez

figmentPez

Make one into a purse.

Covar

Covar

Make it into a purse.
I have a penis.

Gusto

Gusto

Make it into a purse.
I have a penis.[/QUOTE]

Make it into a vagina.

General Specific

General Specific

Skeet shooting.
AWW SKEET SKEET[/QUOTE]

heh...so many people don't get the meaning of that usually if you say that in person[/QUOTE]

Note to self: Do not look that phrase up from a work computer... again. :fist shake:

Shannow

Shannow

Skeet shooting.
AWW SKEET SKEET[/quote]

heh...so many people don't get the meaning of that usually if you say that in person[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dave Chapelle.

David

David

Make it into a purse.
I have a penis.[/QUOTE]

Make it into a fanny pack then?[/QUOTE]

O_O ouch.

Or did you mean the NES?