Export thread

So, where else do you hang out?

Element 117

what other forums/ places on the web do you frequent?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Ahem...
4chan/tg/, and OCCASIONALLY /b/

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Blue Line forums, but that's work related mostly. Sherdog forums, though I don't often post since the place is rife with some of the most insanely stupid people to ever grace the internet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nowhere, actually. I used to hate forums in general. One summer I was bored and perused imdb and some others and was more or less turned off to the whole idea.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Haven't visited Blue Line before... the name is kind of obvious for context... a lot of updates and BOLOs?

makare

Nowhere, actually. I used to hate forums in general. One summer I was bored and perused imdb and some others and was more or less turned off to the whole idea.
oh man imdb forums could turn you off life.

Cajungal

Cajungal

oh man imdb forums could turn you off life.[/QUOTE]

So I learned. It was a horrible place devoid of intellect, reason, and positivity.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Haven't visited Blue Line before... the name is kind of obvious for context... a lot of updates and BOLOs?
It's really, really general but there is a section for that. There's really a section for everything as well as some really nice private sections for sworn police only. Seriously, you have to email badge number, work address, rank, agency, supervising officer, etc to get access.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

It's really, really general but there is a section for that. There's really a section for everything as well as some really nice private sections for sworn police only. Seriously, you have to email badge number, work address, rank, agency, supervising officer, etc to get access.[/QUOTE]

Might have to check that out... I only really scan Officer.com, but never post on the forums there

Dave

Dave

DragonByte Tech and here. But I'm registered in like a hundred of them for various reasons.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

It's really, really general but there is a section for that. There's really a section for everything as well as some really nice private sections for sworn police only. Seriously, you have to email badge number, work address, rank, agency, supervising officer, etc to get access.[/QUOTE]

Might have to check that out... I only really scan Officer.com, but never post on the forums there[/QUOTE]

Blue Line is basically a Canadian Officer.com.

phil

phil

my alliance forum for a game I play. We're not at war anymore so it's kind of quiet there.

Jiarn

Used to post on a Square/Enix board a while back but it died out slowly due to lack of new members and a stale community.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I post on reddit sometimes, and my guild forums from WoW (got some RL friends there and my brother, so I like to poke in while I'm on hiatus to see how they're doing). Other than that, I don't really post anywhere else, I'm kinda picky about forums.

Vagabond

V.Bond

/co/ and /mu/
Digg
Jalopnik
Craigslist (free stuff)

bhamv3

bhamv3

I lurk on Fark, and I'm fairly active on the Gamefaqs forums, though which games depends on what I'm playing.

Krisken

Krisken

This is my main forum. I also peruse Miniwargaming.com's forums and Warseer.com's forums for the 40K talk. Mostly I find Warseer to have the better advice.

Wasabi Poptart

I used to belong to a few boards for military/Navy spouses. Got banned from one for standing up for a friend who was also banned. Got kicked off of another because the admin had a tiff with my group of friends. Quit another because the hand holding crap made me ill. I had sworn off message boards until I joined HP.

Oh and sometimes I go on /b/.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Something Awful
[H]ardforum

Used to hang out on an unofficial WoW realm forum as well, but it shut down some time ago.

Ross

Ross

Just two others for me. I tried PA and XKCD forums for a bit before fading from both.

Eastern U.S. Weather Forums (active poster)
Stormtrack (mostly lurking)

Yes, I am that much of a weather nerd.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I need to find a good 3.5/Pathfinder forum as it's quickly becoming my foremost hobby/obsession.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

The Total War Center. It's mostly a forum for Total War gamers, but we also talk a lot about history and sports as well.

Math242

Math242

no other forums as of now.

used to lurk sherdog but my IQ dropped too much

Bubble181

Bubble181

Lurk on quite a few places, mostly more specifically fora geared towards hobbies; no others where I'm active anymore.

Troll

Troll

Just here. I don't know of that's good or bad?

Terrik

Terrik

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Kurtz' first orphan cast-off forum
Something Awful, mainly TV IV, Cinema Discusso, sports forums, with a couple peaks into D&D and Lassez Faire once in a while

Math242

Math242

oh yeah i forgot, i lurk civfanatics.com a lot.

a loooooooooot

Rob King

Rob King

Used to post on FBTB.net, an AFOL (Adult Fan of Lego) site, like ... 6+ years ago.
Used to post on Relevant Magazine forums, the community for a Christian magazine that I acutally liked a lot. This was 4+ years ago.
Used to post on a few other small boards, but they're neither big enough to mention, nor was my posting frequent enough to matter.

darkangel6988

This is my only forum aside Beachbody :) I'm happy with this place so I need not look anywhere else ! I've grown to love everyone here it was rough at first though since I'm probably kinda different then everyone else here .

I've noticed though that we are all very different and sorta special it's kinda cool !

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

My only other forum Gelatinous Dudes, a local charity/RPG board that focuses on D&D (2, 3.5 & 4), Pathfinder and other games, in addition to raising funds for local charities.

Shannow

Shannow

Aw hell naw. I can barely deal with all you bastards here, no way I am letting you know about my other places for you to step up with your shenanigans!

Krisken

Krisken

I wouldn't worry if I were you Shannow. I think most of us get our Shannow quota right here. ;)

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

This is my main forum... but there are two other specialty forums I hang out at occasionally.

Dakkadakka.com for Warhammer 40k related stuff and Preludepower.com for advice on repairing, modifying and tuning my Prelude. Sometimes occasionally Honda-Tech.com but there's a lot of morons who don't know jack about cars pretending they are engine gurus so it can be difficult to find good articles at times.

KCWM

KCWM

i post on thegearpage.net reguarly and talkbass.com less frequently. I used to lurk on the harmony central forums, but...meh.

I used to post on the Krypton Krew site, but have both lost the addressed and had stopped posting on there prior to that.

Espy

Espy

Pretty much here. I barely have time to keep up with the bannings I have to administer here let alone anywhere else.

Philosopher B.

Here's about it. Still pop up once in a while on a stop-motion animated related board, but that's filled with kids and rules.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I used to be really active on GITP.com until a shift in the community caused most of the members I had befriended to fade away. Now I mostly hang here.

Gusto

Gusto

I lurked the OotS boards and posted pretty frequently on the Megatokyo boards (until I called their Lord and Master out on a dumb storytelling element that would ultimately lead to nowhere, and turned out to be correct).

Then I started on Halfpixel.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

I lurked the OotS boards and posted pretty frequently on the Megatokyo boards (until I called their Lord and Master out on a dumb storytelling element that would ultimately lead to nowhere, and turned out to be correct).

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Lurk on the OotS boards. Lurk on shoryuken.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

The post so nice, he posted twice. :smug:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I check on my WoW guild once or twice a week. I lurk at a website dedicated to the car I drive. I read Wikipedia A LOT. I also read from Engines of Our Ingenuity often.

LordRavage

I hang out at a bar called Shade Bar in the west village here in NYC. The bartenders love me and hook me up with drinks all the time. There is this sushi place called Zen Sushi that my fiance and I like to hang, there spicy tuna rolls are to die for. The Thirsty Scholar is another favorite in the East Village. We like to go there and unwind.

:D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I hang out at a bar called Shade Bar in the west village here in NYC. The bartenders love me and hook me up with drinks all the time. There is this sushi place called Zen Sushi that my fiance and I like to hang, there spicy tuna rolls are to die for. The Thirsty Scholar is another favorite in the East Village. We like to go there and unwind.

Do they have a round-table forum there, or their own web-page?

Gryfter

Gryfter

Wait... there are other places on the internet?!??!

Troll

Troll

Wait... there are other places on the internet?!??!
I heard there are pictures of boobies too. I know, crazy.

LordRavage

Do they have a round-table forum there, or their own web-page?[/QUOTE]

Those places are pretty old fashion. We actually have to use our voices. I used to troll alot more at other places but dealing with the cops started to become a problem. :D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Quoting as a refresher...

Ravage, that is why I asked if they had a live forum or their own website.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Sometimes occasionally Honda-Tech.com but there's a lot of morons who don't know jack about cars pretending they are engine gurus so it can be difficult to find good articles at times.

Musashi

I frequently visit Reddit.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I check on my WoW guild once or twice a week. I lurk at a website dedicated to the car I drive. I read Wikipedia A LOT. I also read from Engines of Our Ingenuity often.
Hey what kind of car do you drive?

Sometimes occasionally Honda-Tech.com but there's a lot of morons who don't know jack about cars pretending they are engine gurus so it can be difficult to find good articles at times.
[/QUOTE]

I see you're quite familiar with that place lol ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Reddit.
Handful of lurker/occasional poster boards, mostly tech-related

I really only frequent three places. Here, Reddit, and one other board I won't mention (completely unrelated to 4chan). I know there was one more, but I can't seem to remember it right now...must mean I don't frequent it very much.

--Patrick

LordRavage

Quoting as a refresher...

Ravage, that is why I asked if they had a live forum or their own website.[/QUOTE]

No forum or website. I still find is strange that places are open and do not have websites. *Shrugs

Shannow

Shannow

Fine....

The fantastic forums at www.eccie.net

ya got me.

Gusto

Gusto

No one from the Flat Earth Society? No one?

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Armadillo (is he still around?) posts at freerepublic lol

Rob King

Rob King

No one from the Flat Earth Society? No one?
I used to go there, but I had to leave. Those guys are such squares :rolleyes:

LittleSin

LittleSin

craftser.org and penny-arcade forums. Penny Arcade forums are fucking hilarious.

Philosopher B.

I've thought about joining the PA forums ...

Element 117

Sometimes I lurk at stormfron+ because it makes 4ch4n feel cultured.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Goddammit, Amy... I think I just snarfed a whole clove of garlic... it burns like hygiene!

Element 117

Goddammit, Amy... I think I just snarfed a whole clove of garlic... it burns like hygiene![/QUOTE]