[Gaming] Space Pirates and Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

So, I was itching to play a new open-world RPG, and was looking around to see if there were any indie games that fit the bill (I've got a soft spot in my heart for the indie stuff, what can I say?) and I ran across this little game.

I remembered hearing good things about it from Brian Clevinger, so I popped down the $10.00 to try it out.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but it looks like it could be a lot of fun. It's kind of like Star Control II meets... I dunno, Freelancer? Did anyone besides me play that game? There's a dash of tactical strategy thrown in as well, since you can map the directions taken by other ships in your fleet in a tactical map, and switch between the ships on the fly.

But yeah, you customize and upgrade ships; warp system to system; befriend or make enemies with factions; and from the look of things you're going to run across some space zombies eventually.

So far my main complaint so far is that the game writer's sense of humor is kind of hit-or-miss.

So has anyone else tried out this game? And does anyone else have any other obscure open-world RPGs that might be worth sinking my time into?

I liked it and put quite a few hours into it, but it can get SUPER repetitive. Game doesn't really pick up until the zombie portion of the game kicks into high gear.

Had it since it's inception... great little game. It got really repetitive near the end though and I never did finish it. Fun concept though.

I came into the thread specifically to say that I'm pretty much sick to death of zombies, but this game looks really solid.

Though seriously, game developers. There are other monsters, y'know.

S

Soliloquy

If they're weren't zombies in the game, they wouldn't be able to call it SPAZ. And that would be a huge loss on all counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.