Export thread

Spending too much time here? (Halforum dream)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'll disclaimer this by saying I've not had a Halforum dream before and I thought those who'd mentioned it before had issues. Clearly, so do I.

I don't remember much in detail. For some reason, Ame and I were discussing whether "American" was really a different language than "English", considering British... and I don't know if that even makes any sense, because I don't know what country she's from.

Then I got a phone call... and answered it by logging onto the forum. Somehow it was all voice chat. Someone informed me that Shego had taken my fiancee and would not be giving her back. There was even an audio of Shego laughing maniacally--it wasn't actually Shego, it was some cartoon, but in the dream, it was Shego's laugh.

Not once in the dream did it occur to me to call the police or anything. Instead I started searching the apartment for something Shego would want to trade back for Julie, and how to convince Julie to come back. Then my alarm woke me up for work.

This should probably go in the Random thread or be a blog post, but eh, what the hell.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I had a dream last night that my husband gave me genital warts.

I woke and hit him on the shoulder while saying "How the hell did you get warts?!"

...then I realized it was all a dream and remembered what day it was. "Oh...and Happy Birthday."

That said, I used to have dreams like that when I was obsessed with MSN. Whole convos would take place that never really happened.

makare

I have had dreams with the people from irc in them. And even after it happened a few times, I still think it is really REALLY weird.

Shakey

Shakey

I've had dreams that I've posted naked pictures of myself in the NSFW forum. At least I hope it was a dream.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I had halforum (well, Halfpixel at the time) dreams before, and other internet dreams

recently, I had a lot of dreams revolving around someone or something trying to kill me :confused:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I've had Halforum dreams at least once a month for the past year.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I love them when they do happen... especially the one where espy, minddetective, and ... someone else were detectives. Calleja maybe? Anyway, they're fun.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Funnily enough, I had a Halforums dream just last night. Someone posted they were interested in getting Resident Evil 4 for PC, and I wrote out a long rant about why that's a bad idea.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Funnily enough, I had a Halforums dream just last night. Someone posted they were interested in getting Resident Evil 4 for PC, and I wrote out a long rant about why that's a bad idea.
Even knowing that was just your dream and an imaginary person, just the thought makes me want to write a rant about what a bad idea that is.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Then I got a phone call... and answered it by logging onto the forum. Somehow it was all voice chat. Someone informed me that Shego had taken my fiancee and would not be giving her back. There was even an audio of Shego laughing maniacally--it wasn't actually Shego, it was some cartoon, but in the dream, it was Shego's laugh.

Not once in the dream did it occur to me to call the police or anything. Instead I started searching the apartment for something Shego would want to trade back for Julie, and how to convince Julie to come back. Then my alarm woke me up for work.
That's awesome...

Ever since i stopped going to bed before 12 while having to wake up early i stopped having awesome dreams (at least that i remember)...

Kitty Sinatra

I've had one. It was a romantic dream involving a European :unibrow:

phil

phil

I've had one. It was a romantic dream involving a European :unibrow:
You've had the north ranger dream too, huh?

Kitty Sinatra

Not NR.

You get two more guesses.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Not NR.

:confused:

Kitty Sinatra

No. Not you. With that creepy avatar, that'd be a nightmare, dude.

König

I'd forgotten how wierd this place was sometimes...

Iaculus

Man, I never knew the fedora was such a pussy-magnet...

Gusto

Gusto

I can only assume it was Bubble.

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

Or maybe Wahad...?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

No. Not you. With THOSE creepy avatarS, that'd be a nightmare, dude.
:smug:

Shannow

Shannow

Seek help, the lot of you.

Occasional Poster

I had two nightmares about this place when I first registered.

In the first one, one forum member hacked my e-mail and used the information obtained to hurt some of my friends. It was scary because I felt powerless to do anything about it. The dream spooked me enough to clean up my different passwords and my inbox.

In my second dream, the same forum member was stalking a female friend of mine and started to act violent. I had to hide my friend away and try to keep the forum member at bay. It ended when we both became Hulk-like creatures and battled it out on the rooftops of some city.

Since then, I'm glad to say you guys haven't been in any of my dreams.

bhamv3

bhamv3

In the first one, one forum member hacked my e-mail and used the information obtained to hurt some of my friends. It was scary because I felt powerless to do anything about it. The dream spooked me enough to clean up my different passwords and my inbox.

In my second dream, the same forum member was stalking a female friend of mine and started to act violent. I had to hide my friend away and try to keep the forum member at bay. It ended when we both became Hulk-like creatures and battled it out on the rooftops of some city.

Was it me? It was me, wasn't it?

Occasional Poster

Was it me? It was me, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]

Nope :)

Kitty Sinatra

I can only assume it was Bubble.

Or maybe Wahad...?

MindDetective

MindDetective

I love them when they do happen... especially the one where espy, minddetective, and ... someone else were detectives. Calleja maybe? Anyway, they're fun.
I heartily approve of this practice and wish to encourage further dreaming about my exotic detectiving adventures.

Kitty Sinatra

Damn. I had another dream last night that I think was possibly about this place. But it was an awesome dream regardless. If only I could remember now what any of it was about.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:twisted:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Huh. You guys are wierd. I've never had a "halforum dream," but I often do have dreams about whatever MMO I am playing at the time.

strawman

strawman

Excellent, excellent. My dream generator is working perfectly...

Espy

Espy

I heartily approve of this practice and wish to encourage further dreaming about my exotic detectiving adventures.[/QUOTE]

That was no dream! We really did have to rescue Nicholas Cage's hair from being entombed with the First Emperor of AMERICA! DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH!

MindDetective

MindDetective

I heartily approve of this practice and wish to encourage further dreaming about my exotic detectiving adventures.[/QUOTE]

That was no dream! We really did have to rescue Nicholas Cage's hair from being entombed with the First Emperor of AMERICA! DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH![/QUOTE]

That's an exotic adventure? I guess...

Espy

Espy

That was no dream! We really did have to rescue Nicholas Cage's hair from being entombed with the First Emperor of AMERICA! DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH![/QUOTE]

That's an exotic adventure? I guess...[/QUOTE]

You know what? That attitude? That isn't helping.

MindDetective

MindDetective

I thought I was the reluctant sidekick. Or is it more of a team thing? I should probably read the script once in a while.

strawman

strawman

I thought I was the reluctant sidekick. Or is it more of a team thing? I should probably read the script once in a while.
Yes, you're supposed to play the part of a reluctant sidekick, not an apathetic sidekick, nevermind the pathetic sidekick you're playing now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

STEINMAN! You were the other guy in the detective team! Did I already say that? Well, that was it--- you, espy, and mind detective. You were all very funny.

MindDetective

MindDetective

STEINMAN! You were the other guy in the detective team! Did I already say that? Well, that was it--- you, espy, and mind detective. You were all very funny.
We appear to be quite the team already. Grab your decoder rings, guys! We've got mysteries to solve!

Gusto

Gusto

Minddetective is a detective.

Of the MIND.

strawman

strawman

We appear to be quite the team already. Grab your decoder rings, guys! We've got mysteries to solve![/QUOTE]

Yeah, like which one of us was moe, curly, and larry.

Wise guy!

MindDetective

MindDetective

nyuk nyuk nyuk

Cajungal

Cajungal

I might have to commission someone to draw your guys as detectives....

Espy

Espy

What did we look like in your dream CJ? Our avatars or us?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Y'all looked like your actual selves.

Espy

Espy

Oh, you could have just said "VERY HANDSOME".

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well that's implied, you handsome goobers.

strawman

strawman

Oh, you could have just said \"VERY HANDSOME\".
Ah, so you must be Curly:
"I'm too young to die... too young and too handsome... uuunnnggghhh! Well, I'm too young."
- Curly

bhamv3

bhamv3

Huh. You guys are wierd. I've never had a "halforum dream," but I often do have dreams about whatever MMO I am playing at the time.
That reminds me. Back when I was a huge MUD addict, I used to dream in scrolling text.

Occasional Poster

:twisted:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Shego, it was not you either. I promise that any future nightmares about Halforums will star you as the main antagonist.

@Li3n

@Li3n

:twisted:[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry Shego, it was not you either. I promise that any future nightmares about Halforums will star you as the main antagonist.[/QUOTE]

Hey... how do you know i turn into a monster and fight people on roof tops?!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Sorry, no Halforums dreams here. I rarely do dream... but when I do, they come in the quality I could imagine acid dreams belong to.

Which is why I don't do drugs.

fade

fade

My dreams are usually well-ordered and have a coherent plot, which is like exactly the opposite of real life. I dream about zombies a lot. Usually write them down because I come up with some interesting ways to kill them (like the time I was trapped in a Best Buy and figured out how to rig up LCDs to emit a zombie killing flash, turning all the digital cameras into zombie grenades).

Never had any about here that I recall. I can usually tell if I've really enjoyed a movie, because the night I watch it, I'll usually have a dream where I've been inserted into the movie.

Kitty Sinatra

I just woke up from a dream about a talking cat.

goddamn if cats ever do start talking, they'll never shut up about themselves

phil

phil

Not NR.

GUESS NUMBER TWO

now, after some careful deliberation and a lot of drinking, I feel like it's a safe bet to say Ame.

Rob King

Rob King

Just had a dream that involves North_Ranger.

Myself, North Ranger, and two women were all in a bed preparing to go to sleep. North Ranger and I started to discuss how stupid a holiday Old Christmas day is, and then compared back hair. Then we cuddled our respective women and slept.

That's all I can remember.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Gaaaaaaaaay.

Oh and Rob:

Use that instead.

Rob King

Rob King

Actually, I think I'm going to change back to my old avatar. I've been putting it off for no reason.

Out of curiosity, what did you change?

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Then we cuddled our respective women and slept.
You consider each other women?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Actually, I think I'm going to change back to my old avatar. I've been putting it off for no reason.

Out of curiosity, what did you change?
Took out the white and made the backround transparent.

General Specific

General Specific

Gaaaaaaaaay.

Oh and Rob:

Use that instead.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Fail for white backrounds. :slywink:

David

David

In my dream this morning I was on the ground after an explosion and slowly dying... than suddenly the dream went black, and a Windows Vista UAC popped up. It said "Warning: You are sleeping face-down in the pillow. You may be at risk of suffocation. Do you wish to continue?" Sure enough, I woke up to find I had rolled over in my sleep and my face was burried in the pillow.