Spoony presents, "Gamecrazy Training Video"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I thought the EB Games training DVD with the talking transformer was bad. Oh well, at least it was not as bad as Wendy's Rap. :p

Yeah, I really wish he'd cut back on vlogs and focus more on the reviews/riffs, they're pure gold. Still, even with Spoony's reviews up less frequent than TGWTG and AVGN, they're always more entertaining.

Spoony won funniest online personality for a reason. :slywink:

Loved the final "SWAT 4" video too.
I was personally hoping he'd get killed during the final portion of the video, so he could do a memorial to Lt. Spoony. The MGS1 parody at the end was pretty funny too though.

Yeah, I really wish he'd cut back on vlogs and focus more on the reviews/riffs, they're pure gold. Still, even with Spoony's reviews up less frequent than TGWTG and AVGN, they're always more entertaining.
Love his vlogs, hate when he does wrestling ones though. VERY much looking forward to his entire playthrough of FFX.

Love his vlogs, hate when he does wrestling ones though. VERY much looking forward to his entire playthrough of FFX.[/QUOTE]

Ditto this; I enjoy his vlogs even if they don't have as much put into them as the full reviews.

Except the wrestling. Bleh to wrestling.

figmentPez

Staff member
What? I love to hear him rant about wresting. I don't even watch wrestling, but Spoony is so much fun to see pissed off (which is probably why I love the let's play of SWAT). Though, if I had to make a choice, I'd rather see more reviews and such than I would a wrestling rant. However, making the vlog may be just blowing off steam with time that wouldn't have been spent doing something productive anyway.

I'm closer than ever to finishing going through his archives. (All I've got left are the let's play of Phantasmagoria 2 and Ripper) But, as much as I've laughed at Spoony this week, the single line, from a video review, that made me laugh the most this week came from Until We Win: Bebe's Kids. Jason Pullara had the Nostalgia Critic as a guest star (since the NC has reviewed the Bebe's kid game), and the snark between those two was awesome:
NC: You're the new talent, you get your ego checked at the door pal! Or else, there's going to be words.
JP: Words? You're in Chicago, what are you going to do? Eat a casserole and call it a pizza?

We finished the archives a couple months ago, and have joined the ravenous fanbase waiting impatiently for each new video.

You saved long ones for last though, so good on you. Phantasmagoria 2 is five hours of hilarity. We had to pause it at a certain flashback where Spoony just keeps clicking the same guy--we were crying laughter and it fucking hurt. Ripper is funny too, though he gets kind of quiet near the end. Both are great though.

P

Philosopher B.

I find his wrestling vids strangely fascinating. After his first one, I spent like half an hour on Wiki reading about weird shit I'd never heard of like kayfabe and the Montreal Screwjob. It's like a strange world I barely knew existed.

Yeah, I think it's the wrestling ones I never like, I'll have to give the others a chance. Also yeah, even though I like FF10 I'm curious to see how he tears it apart.

At least he did mention that there were somethings his did like about, namely the Battle System. I'd say it's arguably the best battle system of all the games.

At least he did mention that there were somethings his did like about, namely the Battle System. I'd say it's arguably the best battle system of all the games.
I was honestly not going to bother if he didn't mention any positives, as really it's not new to go on rants about how much of a whiny bitch Tidus is (which stops like a third of the way into the game anyway). However he did mention two of the three things I like most about the game (battle system and music, the third being the Sphere Grid level system), so I figured it might not be a total wash.

All that mattered to me is that he admitted that Auron is the most badass character in Final Fantasy, so I give him a pass on everything else I might disagree with him about down the line. (I actually liked Rikku and Wakka)

You gotta admit, he nailed the complaints ABOUT why Wakka sucked. He nailed me for being a Rikku pedo though. :slywink:

Status
Not open for further replies.