Starslip Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

North_Ranger

Staff member
To be honest, I kinda miss the days when Vanderbeam was actually a curator. And the whole time war thing. Yeah, it was a bundle of strange, twisting story lines but it made Starslip unique. Nowadays... well, it feels more like a Star Trek rip-off. By comparison to the old Starslip, mind you.

I agree North Ranger. Whenever anyone asks me what my top ten webcomics are, I tell them Starslip Crisis ranks near the top, emphasis on the Crisis.

Straub's was the hand that held the knife that killed the old boards. After chaining it in the basement for months and refusing it food or water.

What North Ranger said.

For the past while I haven't felt super-excited about Starslip. But what I still like most are the tantalizing glimpses of Elder-beam and the plots that surround him. I know that the setup is such that we'll never actually get to see Vanderbeam mature. But at least, unlike Hiro from Heroes, he's been given a deadline of 70 years instead of 4, so it's not so ridiculous that he's taking so long.
Added at: 03:52
(I do wish there was a bit more art jokes. I really loved how the climax of a big war was Vanderbeam using his curator knowledge - however sillily - to render the artifact useless).

DA, I thought this thread was about the cartoon, not reliving past pains like a beat-up housewife in therapy.
Agreed.

I got nothing against Straub. I stopped Starslip cause I was losing interest, but I've been reading Chainsawsuit every update, and watching the Blamimations.

Did anyone else listen to Tweet Me Harder? Straub and David Malki's flight-of-fancy/nonsense podcast? I was often entertained. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.