Steinbrenner dead at 80

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

Does this mean the Yankees stronghold on baseball and salary caps is at an end? Can we have fair teams now?

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Yankees, but this guy will be missed. Love him or hate him, you can't deny the effect he had on the sport.

Does this mean the Yankees stronghold on baseball and salary caps is at an end? Can we have fair teams now?
That depends, will you have teams like the Pirates stop underspending on their players and pocketing revenue sharing money?

As a Yankee fan my thoughts on the Boss were very mixed, but he will be missed and it's hard to deny what he did for the team (good and bad).

Damn shame about Bob Sheppard too, but that was more expected. He will be missed

C

Chazwozel

That depends, will you have teams like the Pirates stop underspending on their players and pocketing revenue sharing money?

As a Yankee fan my thoughts on the Boss were very mixed, but he will be missed and it's hard to deny what he did for the team (good and bad).

Damn shame about Bob Sheppard too, but that was more expected. He will be missed[/QUOTE]

The Pirates management is why I refuse to go to PNC park for a game, even if it is 5 dollars. I agree that revenue sharing is hurting baseball too.

Status
Not open for further replies.