Export thread

Suggest "B-Movies" for Kags and her friends

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

My friends and have discovered a like for 'B-Movies', but we're pretty much lost at what ones to watch. Or, I guess, we just like terrible movies....I'm not sure if I'm using the 'B-Movie' title correctly?...

Anyway, we recently watched Flash Gordon and LOVED ITTTTT. It was awful in every way, but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

So, any movies in that same vein, that are completely terrible, but in the good way, would be appreciated! Suggest away please!!

(We have Krull, Samurai Cop and Beast Master on our list already.)

Dave

Dave

Hercules in New York. Ahnald's first movie. His accent was so thick and his acting so bad they dubbed everything. It's hilarious!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

If you like bad Kung Fu movies, try "Invincible Armour":

(Just part one, follow the other links from there.)

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Space Mutiny, if only so you can do this:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Battle Beyond the Stars...

it even has a spaceship with boobs... no really.

edit:

Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh

Couple Favorites:

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Just Me

Just Me

Don't know if it counts as B enough, I'll list it anyways: Tucker & Dale vs. Evil

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Tucker & Dale is more a send-up of B-Horror than a B-movie in its own right, but it's extremely worth watching.

It sounds like you guys are going specifically for "bad" B-movies, so I'll suggest the Stallone version of Judge Dredd. Truly gloriously, laughably awful.

Also, the most recent Three Musketeers.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The greatest movie in the category of so bad it is good... "ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES"

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Demolition man. Totally awsome!

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Demolition man. Totally awsome!
Hey now, Demolition Man is a genuinely quality film! :megusta:

Dave

Dave

Tucker & Dale! So very much this! Also, My Name is Bruce!

By the way, for Tucker & Dale...if you know nothing about it DON"T READ ANYTHING ON IT! Just get it, watch it, love it!

Bowielee

Bowielee

Tucker & Dale is more a send-up of B-Horror than a B-movie in its own right, but it's extremely worth watching.

It sounds like you guys are going specifically for "bad" B-movies, so I'll suggest the Stallone version of Judge Dredd. Truly gloriously, laughably awful.

Also, the most recent Three Musketeers.
THANK YOU. This movie keeps popping up in my Netflix recommendations, but I could never decide if I wanted to watch it or not.

As for best B-movies, it's going to depend on what genre you'd like.

For so bad it's good horror, pretty much anything with Linea Quigley in it is worth a watch. She is the queen of B horror movies. Kinda like a female Bruce Campbell. If Bruce showed his tits a lot. I'd suggest Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-a-rama.

Kung Pow is definitely not a B movie, it's a genre sendup. A great one, but it's good, not so bad it's good.

For action B-movies, there's pretty much a whole group of stars that will lead you to so bad it's good territory. Reb Brown, Kate Hodge, anything by Troma.

Also, Flash Gordon isn't a B-movie, it was a huge studio movie. B-movies are low budget. Flash Gorden falls into the category of Camp.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Bowielee

Bowielee

Slither is, again, an awesome movie, but not a B-movie and also not a bad movie, it was a genre sendup.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

We've already seen Tucker and Dale. :)

I wouldn't say it's 'so bad it's good' though, it's just good.

And yes, I'm looking for more just general bad movies, not horror.

Dave

Dave

Evolution. Love that movie.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'd also suggest looking to the blacksploitation/grindhouse genre. Billy Jack, Black Gestapo, and Dolomite come to mind.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Battlefield Earth is always a solid choice. Dutch angles. Dutch angles everywhere.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Battlefield Earth is always a solid choice. Dutch angles. Dutch angles everywhere.
Nope, no way, that movie isn't so bad it's good, it's just bad. You may as well suggest Ishtar or Gili. :p

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What Dave? She wants bad movies and it's dreadful and hilariously so.

Dave

Dave

She wants "so bad it's good", not "so bad it makes you want to convert to scientology just to get close to John Travolta and slap him upside his head".

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I don't think it's so bad it's good, but so bad I legitimately giggle like a madman when it's on.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Hey, Dave put in the disagree, not me. Why you gotta hate?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I dunno I guess I just really enjoy atrocious films. I mean, you can just marvel at "How was this ever made. How did Forrest Whitaker ever agree to anything happening here."[DOUBLEPOST=1360788483][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey, Dave put in the disagree, not me. Why you gotta hate?
I took it down I took it down!

Bowielee

Bowielee

For serious, though, 70s exploitation films are the holy grail of movies that are so bad, they're good for non-horror. For horror, the late 80s early 90s was the golden age.

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

Anything with John Agar

Hammer films

Christopher Lee

Peter Cushing

Dave

Dave

Mom & Dad Save the World. Even having Kathy Ireland run around half naked couldn't save this movie.

figmentPez

figmentPez

May I present to you Disney's first PG-13 movie:

Midnight Madness. Seriously, go watch this LittleKagsin , it is hilarious. My sisters and I loved this one growing up.

I'll also suggest:

Back to the Beach - okay, this may not technically be a B-movie, because it is supposed to be a send-up of Frankie Avalon and Annette Funichello movies, but it is so much fun, and the acting is truly horrible at points.

Hudson Hawk

Who's That Girl

Covar

Covar

Street Fighter

Just Me

Just Me

Hudson Hawk
More love for this, doooo eeeeet !

Also The Pirate Movie, a B as it gets (and hilariously over the top as well as cheesy, campy and whatnot all else). It's my greatest guilty pleasure!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If you are going to go Brooks, go for the better ones. Blazing Saddles, The Producers, Young Frankenstein, History of the World Part 1.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The Conqueror, starring John Wayne as Ghenghis Khan.

This movie was so bad it killed everyone that worked on it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

The Conqueror, starring John Wayne as Ghenghis Khan.

This movie was so bad it killed everyone that worked on it.
I thought it was the Nevada Test Site....

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I thought it was the Nevada Test Site....
Fallout from the Nevada atomic bomb test site that settled on the movie set may have contributed, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly from how bad the movie was.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Fallout from the Nevada atomic bomb test site that settled on the movie set may have contributed, but I'm pretty sure it was mostly from how bad the movie was.
It still took 20 years for the movie to kill The Duke... But the three meals with steak, 4 packs of cigarettes, and a bottle of whiskey a day had nothing to do with his early demise.:)

strawman

strawman

Hey, young Frankenstein was awesome!

Also, my vote is for anything Elvira hosted on saturday afternoon in the 80's. She was the curator of camp.

The list is here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvira's_Movie_Macabre

I don't think you can do better than that for pure camp.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The king of the bad movies. Yes, worse than Plan 9 from outer space... worse than Manos: The hands of fate....

A POLISH VAMPIRE IN BURBANK.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The king of the bad movies. Yes, worse than Plan 9 from outer space... worse than Manos: The hands of fate....

A POLISH VAMPIRE IN BURBANK.

OMG, I've actually seen that. It is GLORIOUS in it's badness.

GasBandit

GasBandit

OMG, I've actually seen that. It is GLORIOUS in it's badness.
I own a copy on vhs. I can't watch for more than 25 minutes at a stretch, it's SO BAD.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

GAISSSS, I'm so excited! The suggestions are awesome, even though I haven't heard of most of them. Still, I'll give them a shot and add them to our list.

If you guys have more, keep'em comin', please. :)

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It still took 20 years for the movie to kill The Duke... But the three meals with steak, 4 packs of cigarettes, and a bottle of whiskey a day had nothing to do with his early demise.:)
You're forgetting the 80 other people that worked on that movie that also developed cancer afterwards.

Bones

Bones

If your willing to look into bad anime movies from the late 80's and early 90's Garzy's Wing comes to mind.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Some of these are so bad... I dunno, maybe just watch some internet reviewer's recap instead.

Bowielee

Bowielee

You obviously don't share the love of horrible movies.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Vrii

Vrii

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is definitely in the so bad it's good category.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Don't know if it was said yet but the Tremors series is pretty awesome by B-Movie standards. The TV show was pretty good too... got pretty great ratings as well but was cancelled because it's executive didn't "get it".

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I love the Tremors movies! Kevin Bacon is my muse, no joke.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I was also going to suggest Barbarella.

Also Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill! and Death Race 2000.

Krisken

Krisken

I second midnight madness.

Just Me

Just Me

I dropped by to also push The Barbarians :)
Also Bubba Ho-Tep

GasBandit

GasBandit

Robot Jox
Oh god yes. "You can live! We can BOTH LIVE!" SO B-MOVIE BADGOOD.

Also Bubba Ho-Tep
Yes! Bubba Ho-Tep! Bruce Campbell is elvis! JFK is black! Together they're old! And fight mummies!

I also want to add in - Jason and the Argonauts. SO MUCH CLAYMATION.

And another B-movie favorite of mine - Erik the Viking.

Here, you can watch the whole thing apparently on youtube:

For my money, the "seating arrangements" scene at 22:50 pays for the whole movie on its own.

And hey, it has John Cleese and Terry Jones in supporting roles.

Just Me

Just Me

I also want to add in - Jason and the Argonauts. SO MUCH CLAYMATION.
More Harryhausen ftw! Can't beat the classics.
Sindbad's 7th voyage etc. ...

Also Jack Arnold.
Creature from the Black Lagoon, Tarantula

My cart at Amazon gets fuller the longer this thread goes on. Time to get some goodies on DVD and not just VHS anymore (nope, our household has no Blue Ray).

Dave

Dave

Eric the Viking rocks! In fact, one of the spells in my RPG is called the "Horn of Resounding" just for that movie.

(Just don't forget the mouthpiece.)

phil

phil

I'd also suggest looking to the blacksploitation/grindhouse genre. Billy Jack, Black Gestapo, and Dolomite come to mind.
Have you seen black samurai? There's a jet pack and two different midget fight scenes.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Eric the Viking rocks! In fact, one of the spells in my RPG is called the "Horn of Resounding" just for that movie.

(Just don't forget the mouthpiece.)
Pppppptthhhhppptppptbbptt.

Krisken

Krisken

Ankle Biters- a movie about midget vampires.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Have you seen black samurai? There's a jet pack and two different midget fight scenes.
I have not, but now I must!

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Black Dynamite!

mikerc

mikerc

Birdemic: Shock and Terror is definitely in the so bad it's good category.
Trailer for the sequel!

Seriously, how bad is the CGI for those birds? And being attacked by evil prehistoric birds causes zombies apparently.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Holy crap... Robot Jox! That movie is beyond bad :)

Necronic

Necronic

Bowielee

Bowielee

That reminds me Red Sonya falls into the so bad it's good territory for me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ooh! That reminds me, another terribad B movie, Red Sonja. Has Aaahnold as supporting actor. Plus, y'know... uh... good cosplay ideas! Yeah...[DOUBLEPOST=1360879329][/DOUBLEPOST]
That reminds me Red Sonya falls into the so bad it's good territory for me.
Damn. Ninja'd.

Just Me

Just Me

Blood of Heroes!

Go Juggers!

PatrThom

PatrThom

The Killer Tongue.
The Pink Chiquitas. (Warning: Stars Sylvester Stallone's Brother Frank)
Superchick. (Warning: Nudity)
Night of the Creeps. <-- This one. If you haven't seen it, put it on your list. It is required. Arguably "Slither" was a sort of remake of this movie.
Terrorvision.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bowielee

Bowielee

FYI, the US release title for Brain Dead is Dead Alive and it's one of my all time favorite movies.

Just Me

Just Me

You totally forgot to mention Meet The Feebles, NR!

Also yay, my trashmovie-mail got to me today. The Barbarians, Ice Pirates and the not yet mentioned The Archer: Fugitive from the Empire aka The Archer And The Sorceress, though if the pilot movie for a TV series that never came counts as B-movie is up to everybody on its own. I have fond memories of it and kinda like it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh, and Vampire Circus. SO BAD.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Back to the Beach - okay, this may not technically be a B-movie, because it is supposed to be a send-up of Frankie Avalon and Annette Funichello movies, but it is so much fun, and the acting is truly horrible at points.
I want to restate how much I recommend this one Kags. Cameos include: Bob Denver (Gilligan) & Alan Hale Jr. (The Skipper), O.J. Simpson, Don Adams (Maxwell Smart), Barbara Billingsley (the mom on Leave it to Beaver), Jerry Mathers (Beaver), Tony Dow (Wally Cleaver) and Pee-Wee Herman. The musical numbers are ridiculous, and there are some truly memorable lines.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Ice Pirates is 100% awesome cheese.

GasBandit

GasBandit

An old tom hanks movie called Bachelor Party.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Weird Science. Today I learned that it's got Robert Downey Jr. in it in a minor role, spouting such lines as "Bigger tits" and "I'm going to shit my pants!" :D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Weird Science. Today I learned that it's got Robert Downey Jr. in it in a minor role, spouting such lines as "Bigger tits" and "I'm going to shit my pants!" :D
Nobody gets their start playing Hamlet.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Nobody gets their start playing Hamlet.
...just ask Peter Jackson.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Fair warning, the plot moves a little slow and its gross as all hell .

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

A gross B-movie with a bad plot? I think you're a damned liar, Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I looked on wiki for the photo of the poster, and apparently its one of what are called "melt" movies. Meaning there is more than one...and I must FIND THEM!

GasBandit

GasBandit

CHUD.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I still haven't seen C.H.U.D, its been on my Netflix instant cue forever yet I still haven't watched it. Course...that goes with a lot of other movies- BUT STILL!

Frank

Frank

One of my favorites from when I was very young.

And yeah, as suggested earlier, Robot Jox was incredibly shitty. Now, for a movie that I remember coming out at the same time as Robot Jox and being even shittier, but I fucking looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved it.

Such a badass movie. It's got Ivanova from Babylon 5 and Gul Dukat from Deep Space 9.

Also, forget Beastmaster, you need Deathstalker.

YEAH!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Might want to add the Ator "trilogy" films as well (Fighting Eagle/Blade Master/Iron Warrior).

Also, forget Beastmaster, you need Deathstalker.

Also, if you're going to go down as far as Deathstalker, you might as well go all the way to Gymkata.

--Patrick

Just Me

Just Me

How about something spacey, like Galaxina...

Bowielee

Bowielee

OMG, I think I finally found something I have in common with GasBandit...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Red Sonja

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think everybody loves to hate to love Red Sonja.