[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Unnatural Selection

Man they really had to force the drama on this one, one how it was hard to cure Pulaski as she's MAGICALLY the only member of the crew without a Transporter log, TWO how the demon antibody from the science children could just... SOMEHOW not be filtered out!

I'm at least glad Chief O'Brien finally got to shine , as well as get a name beyond "Transporter Chief".

I don't like that episode (like many Pulaski episodes). I haven't watched it in a while but Pulaski was a bit too gleeful about the science experiment. The episode also clash with Star Trek lore hard since the scientists broke federation law with the experiments.

I don't like that episode (like many Pulaski episodes). I haven't watched it in a while but Pulaski was a bit too gleeful about the science experiment. The episode also clash with Star Trek lore hard since the scientists broke federation law with the experiments.
Yeah what the fuck was up with the super kids? And how at the end they were all "Maybe someday they'll reunite with their parents" not "Let's fix these kids poisonous immune systemsc and keep them the HELL away from their mad scientist creators!"

I thought the most graphic thing I'd see in TNG seasons one and two would be when Picard and Riker exploded that bug queen..but no...it was Commander Riker, HORRIBLY preparing scrambled eggs! No seasoning or anything, and apparently ONE EGG split among five people! Utter savagery.

I'm really confused why they felt they had to mindwipe the little girl in Pen Pals, every other Non-Warp capable planet they interfered with in TOS they let the pyorples KEEP their memories. I'm at least glad they actually went to a different freaking planet for once.

AND I have finished season 2 of TNG...an absolutely chaotic season of television. More entertaining and redeemable than say the latter seasons of "The Flash" BUT STILL...the Child.

Also they had no idea what to do with Kate Pulaski, she shifts from being awful, to just there, to generally interesting at the drop of a hat,its weirdly worse than Tasha Yar in season 1.

Finally the less said about the finale being a CLIP SHOW the better. Maybe if you didn't waste an entire episode's budget on Riker and his dad going through non-therapy it wouldn't be a problem.

With that-ON to season 3!

Last edited:
AND I have finished season 2 of TNG...an absolutely chaotic season of television. More entertaining and redeemable than say the latter seasons of "The Flash" BUT STILL...the Child.

Also they had no idea what to do with Kate Pulaski, she shifts from being awful, to just there, to generally interesting at the drop of a hat,its weirdly worse than Tasha Yar in season 1.

Finally the less said about the finale being a CLIP SHOW the better. Maybe if you didn't waste an entire episode's budget on Riker and his dad going through non-therapy it wouldn't be a problem.

With that-ON to season 3!
Season 3 will have some great episodes.

So I'm on ep 4 "Who Watches the Watchers" and...were those scientists STUDYING the planets inhabitants? That's.... that's mad creepy, why was Beverly given crap for breaking PD, when there were a bunch of weirdos hiding in the background of this planet looking through their holographic hidey holes?

So I'm on ep 4 "Who Watches the Watchers" and...were those scientists STUDYING the planets inhabitants? That's.... that's mad creepy, why was Beverly given crap for breaking PD, when there were a bunch of weirdos hiding in the background of this planet looking through their holographic hidey holes?
Because as long they're watching and not interfering, they're not breaking PD.

Because as long they're watching and not interfering, they're not breaking PD.
Right, right, it just feels like even before the systems failure that they should've considered the Prime Directive breaking risks, literally all it took was a window being open and BAM all hail the Picard!

Starfleet science needed better ethics and guidelines MAD then, proven also by Darwin Station.

Right, right, it just feels like even before the systems failure that they should've considered the Prime Directive breaking risks, literally all it took was a window being open and BAM all hail the Picard!

Starfleet science needed better ethics and guidelines MAD then, proven also by Darwin Station.
So, you're saying that someone should monitor the observers?

I always have to look up episode titles since despite being able to tell which episode of TNG it is at a glance every single time, I can never remember the episode titles. Looking up The Bonding to refresh myself on the episode the Wiki had this blurb.

1699226516572.png

Would love to see that.

god DAMNIT Troi and Riker's lovers of the week get tiring.
I will have to try and rewatch these to see that. I really haven’t seen the majority of them since they aired, and I’m sure that experience is different when watching them all back-to-back rather than having weeks (or sometimes even months) of time between each episode.

—Patrick

Tasha deserved much better than she got. At least the actress got to have another shot. Sort of like rolling up another character when yours dies so you can continue playing.

--Patrick

Last edited:

figmentPez

Staff member
Bodies

I wanted to like this. The general premise of identical, or near-identical, dead bodies being found at the same place in four different times, somehow connected, and the unfolding mystery of what's going on, sounds like a good premise to me. It's just so boring though. Three episodes down and I do not care about a single character. Most of them I couldn't tell you anything significant about their personality. They feel like cardboard cut-outs to me, and I have zero investment in anyone. I find them more annoying than engaging.

BAM what a finale!
I watched this live as it aired. The entire room full of people went "ARGH!" as we realized it was a two-parter and we'd have to wait to find out what happened.
And then when it came time for Part II to air as the S4E1 premiere, the local television station instead decided to run some championship tennis match blotting out the first 38min of the episode while the other channel that broadcast it from another city was blocked because of laws preventing the same show from "competing" with local stations. We had to wait almost 6mo until they started repeating the episodes to finally see it (but by then we'd caught it from someone who basically smuggled in a VHS from somewhere).

--Patrick