Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's now out. Still can't rate posts. :(

(Posted here in case they decide a new plugin is recommended for the new version. It's not an update, but a completely separate app.)

No. $2.99

And the new iOS version is supposed to let you mark a thread as read with a swipe and tap. Doesn't take.

Dave

Staff member
I could buy the non-branded version which would allow you all to Tapatalk in and not have to pay, but it's like $300 and I just haven't had it for this.

I've tried tapatalk and didn't like it, so I don't think it's worth it, but it sounds like a few people here do.

Even so, I don't think you should spend money on that.

I've tried tapatalk and didn't like it, so I don't think it's worth it, but it sounds like a few people here do.

Even so, I don't think you should spend money on that.
99 cents so I'm not having to use Safari on the iPhone to read the forums? Money well spent. :)

GasBandit

Staff member
Convo for android (which does have a free version) seemed to work minimally ok as a tapatalk alternative, but I just find it easier to chrome it up on the Nexus 7.

I have a big problem with paying for apps that don't have at least a trial period. How do I know it's a) worth the money, b) going to work in my flashed phone correctly and c) WORTH THE MONEY if I have to pay just to download it? And no, the 15 minutes grace period the Play Store gives you is not enough time to try something like a forum app out.

GasBandit

Staff member
I have a big problem with paying for apps that don't have at least a trial period. How do I know it's a) worth the money, b) going to work in my flashed phone correctly and c) WORTH THE MONEY if I have to pay just to download it? And no, the 15 minutes grace period the Play Store gives you is not enough time to try something like a forum app out.
15 minutes? Last I looked it was 5 days. Has that changed?

It really blows when your carrier's network is being slowly strangled by the cold at the same time. I couldn't tell if it was my connection, the app, HF shitting the bed again, or some combination of the above. But it was hours before the new Tapatalk was working smoothly. Too late for a refund by then. :p

Are you talking about Tapatalk HD? I got an update from Tapatalk to Tapatalk 2 a couple months ago without doing anything.

Are you talking about Tapatalk HD? I got an update from Tapatalk to Tapatalk 2 a couple months ago without doing anything.
On the iOS side, it's Tapatalk 2 and is a separate app. Not only that, the HD apps for the iPad are separate from the iPhone apps.

Send me your e-mail address, there's a site to which I need to get you invited.
It's fcalleja at the Gmails. Thanks man.

Oh, I now realize you probably meant PM. Oh well, everyone and their mother has it.

Seriously, my friend's mom emails me.

Dave

Staff member
I've updated the Halforums side of Tapatalk. Let me know if that fixes or changes anything.

Invite sent
Awesome... I'm pretty OCD about keeping ratios up for private trackers so don't worry if there's any penalty for you if the invited fucks up like some do.

Is it a tracker for apps or more of a general one that happens to have lots of apps?

GasBandit

Staff member
Awesome... I'm pretty OCD about keeping ratios up for private trackers so don't worry if there's any penalty for you if the invited fucks up like some do.

Is it a tracker for apps or more of a general one that happens to have lots of apps?
Pretty much everything, though the selection of e-books isn't exactly exhaustive.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, but the number of times one uses the "report" button is directly correlated to how badly one needs to get over one's self.

Status
Not open for further replies.