Team Fortress 2... but with toys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, looks like it could grab some hold, I can't think of a better multiplayer-oriented 3rd person shooter for pc right now. Having seen the gameplay video, I still don't see it as a ripoff btw :p

By the gods I hope those voices can be turned off... INCREDIBLE!

figmentPez said:
Gameplay video
http://blip.tv/file/2355356/

UGH! It looks awful, and the voice is so annoying! (\"That's right! Multi-kill!\") Other than the character customization, I'm not sure what this game has going for it.
Character customization goes a long way in keeping people playing. People love unlocking more options, even by paying, to play dress-up with their avatar.

C

Chibibar

Cat said:
figmentPez said:
Gameplay video
http://blip.tv/file/2355356/

UGH! It looks awful, and the voice is so annoying! (\"That's right! Multi-kill!\") Other than the character customization, I'm not sure what this game has going for it.
Character customization goes a long way in keeping people playing. People love unlocking more options, even by paying, to play dress-up with their avatar.
Wow...

I love character customization. It is pretty odd to see a Korean base game with so much character customization. I remember lineage 1 and 2 (1 had VERY little character customization) FlyFF (some, but mostly costume base and finding/pay for pieces) I do love to be able to switch weapon on the fly. I presume you might have to "find" weapons or unlock them (not sure but that could be cool)

I notice that some customization of weapon (different colors) I can't tell if they are different stats or just looks (either way it is still cool)

You want customization in a Korean game?

Youtube:
Aion Character Creation Video
(I'd link it, but stupid work filter....)

C

Chibibar

Yea. I notice the newer Korean base games have more customization (but still limiting) in terms of hair, facial and such. My fave character customization is still City of Heroes.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the video then.

You'll notice there is no worries about anything "limited" in the customization.

C

Chibibar

Shegokigo said:
I'm guessing you didn't watch the video then.

You'll notice there is no worries about anything \"limited\" in the customization.
which video? H.A.V.E? or Aion?

I watch H.A.V.E (love it probably going to play that) Aion. Not yet too lazy to search. (actually gonna look for it now)

now I saw it. I still think City of Heroes might be better.

the main question would be...... can I keep my look from level 1 to top level? (costume and all) I kinda like that. Cause some armor pieces are just plain ugly.

I'm willing to bet it rivals CoH in many ways:

There are full color pallettes for hair/eyes/skin tone. As well as about 5-10 sliders per body area (Eyes alone have 5 sliders, nose, jaw, etc) It practically feels like Fallout level of choices.

As for gear, they're going with a very unique system:
If you have a set of gear you like the way it looks, but a new "upgrade" drops that you don't like visually. You can break down that upgrade, and take the stats and override your "favorite" piece of gear to have the new upgrade stats.

Also, even if you have the same outfit (almost impossible at this point) as someonelse, unlike most MMOs, there are armor dyes available in Aion.

Shegokigo said:
Soon as I get home, I'm going to town with PAINT just to circle the tons of obvious rip off modeling.

I'm obviously not talking about the idea of the character themself. German Doctor vs Anime girl, but the feel of each character is blantanly ripped. I'll just show it in PAINT when I get to the house.
Beat you to it.

It might not show so well, but in photoshop you can easily see that the score boxes, for example, are identical, pixel-for pixel down to the dithered shading.

And you can't tell me those two combatants aren't modeled on the exact same skeleton.

I'm pretty sure this is the kind of thing Shego was getting at.

Status
Not open for further replies.