Tegid's februrary drawing thingy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooo there's still about half an hour of january left, but I started drawing already.
This is my first drawing. I know the anatomy is pretty off, and I should finish it but I'm more or less happy with it because I managed to draw more than one person in a scene, which is really difficult for me.

February1bis.png

I don't know why but I really want that greenish pencil lol.

Also, the anatomy is not half bad! I don't think I ever have my characters interacting with each other.. I may need to add that sometime this month ;)

Cool! Experimentation during feb is a great thing. Practice things you're not good at or not practiced in, draw your favorite stuff, draw a pancake every day, it's february; IT'S MADNESS!

so welcome to the madness!

fade

Staff member
I can't tell if the guy on the bottom is squinting passionately, or if he has his eyes wide open in total shock.

C

CogNoman

Tegid! It's still February! Get back here! This isn't over yet, you hear meee?!?! I'm typing as loud as I can!

As for that yaoi pic, yeah, the thing with the eyes (how they can be read as either squinting passionately, or wide open in shock) might have been unintentional, but honestly, it's a much more interesting visual idea with the ambiguity, heh. I like.

And as far as your green-pen inking goes... it's certainly unique. Don't think I can recall - ever - now that I think about it, a drawing done in green pen before. That being said, I used to only draw with ballpoint pens myself, but when I discovered technical pens (like "Staedtler pigment liner" pens and "Pigma Micron" pens), the lines I was drawing just instantly started to look more polished. It was neat. So yeah - if you get a chance, I would suggest trying some yourself. This is a VERY small sample size of work, but from what I can see, it looks like you've got a fun cartoon style that might do well with the clean lines that a nicer pen can give you.

Anyways, get back here and draw! Heh-

fade

Staff member
Yeah, the Microns are nice, and they don't cost all that much more than a ballpoint. The difference for drawing, like you say, is astronomical.

Status
Not open for further replies.