[Funny] Texans eating Finnish food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prairie Oysters. I have no idea where you can order one, but they exist.

Canadians don't have any mainstream gross foods like some other countries do. Our mainstream national dish is awesome: Poutine. Montreal, your smoked meat had it for a long time, but Poutine took the country by storm. Soon, the WORLD! MWHAHHAHahaahaha!!!!!

Sorry, been playing a lot of Monkey Island lately. Was channeling Murray there a bit. ;)
Prairie Oysters are mostly a dare food though, mostly isolated to dive bars. They're hardly regular eating.[DOUBLEPOST=1367079106][/DOUBLEPOST]
Probably what american food horrifies other nationalities most is fairly boring - our "heart attack" line of fried grease bombs. You know.. like the double down or the Quadruple Bypass Burger
You know, it always bugs me that the Double Down has the rep it does. It's gross and fatty yeah, but it's got less fat (of all kinds) and calories than a plain Whopper from Burger King.

Okay, but what is it?
Yes, as my compatriot here spilled the beans, it is Mämmi, a proper finnish Easter dish. A rye based mixture that, while inside the container, looks like something a cow might have left behind, but it actually tastes quite good IMO once you get over the appearance and try it.

figmentPez

Staff member
Yes, as my compatriot here spilled the beans, it is Mämmi, a proper finnish Easter dish. A rye based mixture that, while inside the container, looks like something a cow might have left behind, but it actually tastes quite good IMO once you get over the appearance and try it.
The description on Wikipedia sounds really tasty. I'll have to give it a shot if I ever have the chance, it sounds right up my alley.

Status
Not open for further replies.