That's no Fresco it's a fiasco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's that one time a female friend of mine asked me for advice on how to deal with her married boss sexually harrassing her, which ended with her boss divorced and her having to quit and move to the other side of the country just to never see him again. True story.

And I think I can sympathize with this woman. After all, how many of us have seen someone do something, think "Aww that's easy, I could do that," and then find ourselves completely out of our depth? I once gave myself a really crappy haircut with a pair of kitchen scissors because I didn't want to pay a barber, and thought cutting hair couldn't possibly be that hard. I once decided to teach myself computer programming, because hey, lots of people write programs and how hard could it be and what the hell is all this stuff about segmentation faults? Oh, and the first time I picked Sniper on Team Fortress 2, I figured it'd be really easy, all I have to do is scope in and click on the other guys' heads.

Yeah I don't mean to come off as completely unsympathetic towards the lady. I could see myself getting into this kind of situation too which is why this image resonates with me and why it's been making me laugh for the last hour.

Well, that's that one time a female friend of mine asked me for advice on how to deal with her married boss sexually harrassing her, which ended with her boss divorced and her having to quit and move to the other side of the country just to never see him again. True story.

And I think I can sympathize with this woman. After all, how many of us have seen someone do something, think "Aww that's easy, I could do that," and then find ourselves completely out of our depth? I once gave myself a really crappy haircut with a pair of kitchen scissors because I didn't want to pay a barber, and thought cutting hair couldn't possibly be that hard. I once decided to teach myself computer programming, because hey, lots of people write programs and how hard could it be and what the hell is all this stuff about segmentation faults? Oh, and the first time I picked Sniper on Team Fortress 2, I figured it'd be really easy, all I have to do is scope in and click on the other guys' heads.
and that first story of yours is dark man.[DOUBLEPOST=1345777633][/DOUBLEPOST]

Everyone's laughing so much at that woman right now here in Spain. I guess I have mocked her too, but I now think it's quite unfair how the news sources are presenting this, because:
1- She hadn't finished repainting. It would obviously be destroyed anyway, but I'm sure it wouldn't be as hideous had she been allowed to finish.
2- Apparently the fresco was in worse condition than they are showing. So it was either try to restore it or lose it. Really who's at fault here are the people responsible of keeping the fresco in good condition. They are all over the place saying they'll restore it now. Yeah, assholes, why not restore it before it became a white stain on the wall.
3- She says the priest responsible for the church approved of her trying to restore it. I believe her, it was probably the best they could get...

Sooo I still find this very funny and I'll keep laughing, but now believe this should be kept as it is as a commentary on the work done by amateur restorers/"conservators" and the hipocrisy of politicians big and small.

B

BErt

Whoever finds or makes Notre Dame's Touchdown Jesus with this face is my Internet Hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.