Export thread

The 2014 Band Geekery Thread

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Once a band geek, always a band geek. Post videos of your old HS or college band from this season's performances.

I'll go first. From Saturday's WVU-Alabama game:

Fun Fact: Dr. Ken Ozello, Director of the Alabama Million Dollar Band, is a former WVU drum major.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Your request made me look to see what my old high school band has on Youtube. (Sadly, my university didn't have a marching band. Or sports. Go art!) Anyway, while I haven't found any of my old years (yet), I did see that 5 years ago, they did an "Africa Show". I don't know what that means, except it's listed as "Africa Show", but how the hell do you pick that theme in a high school that has, maybe, 5 black students?!?

Now I'm wondering if the theater department ever performed "Hairspray"... :facepalm:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

WVU has been doing the Armed Forces Salute show for 25 years now. I still have my music for it. :D

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This past Saturday's show @ Maryland. A combined halftime celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Star-Spangled Banner...

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This weekend's alumni band pregame.

(they're playing too slow! :rage:)

Null

Null

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Four year bump for a YouTube find. I'm somewhere in this video. And not in the stands.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Band Geeks represent!!

1534690724970.gif

Null

Null

I was also in marching band in high school. Very impressive formations!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

WVU's Simple Gifts >> Michigan's "Birthday Cake".

Celt Z

Celt Z

Someone posted my senior year marching band show! And yes, I'm in it a few times:

I just wish it was an earlier year. This was probably my least favorite out of the four. The music was "ehh" and the uniforms were frumpy.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Here's some of me in my marching band days. Spoilered for size.
1994 Golden State Marching Competition Dave.jpg

1995 Golden State Marching Competition Dave.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Here's some of me in my marching band days. Spoilered for size.
I like the Scottish year. Highlander music?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I like the Scottish year. Highlander music?
For the longest time we were "The Royal Scarlet Brigade". But between those years our band director decided to change our look once we started going into field show competition.
We played all sorts of things, but we always started our street marching with "Scotland The Brave".

Edit:
I remember THIS being our march for a couple of years:

And also THIS one another year:

Dei

Dei

Dei

Dei

I'm teaching my daughter how to Color Guard while we are trapped at home. (She's the taller one :/)

VID_20200326_155552_exported_280017_1585260924463.jpg

Celt Z

Celt Z

Teach 'em right!

Dei

Dei

Teach 'em right!
I taught her the basics, now I'm just standing here telling her to relax her shoulders and keep her arms at chest level lol.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Sounds like summer.

Celt Z

Celt Z

To me, that's the sounds of fall.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Norfolk State is taking no prisoners.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I kept waiting for the pyrotechnics and the wrestler to come out.

—Patrick

Celt Z

Celt Z

Those drum major uniforms are extra.

Shawn

Shawn

I think this is rare footage of my high school marching band.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Dei

Dei

Just convinced my daughter to go to the audition camp for the Blue Knights.

Dei

Dei

My daughter's marching band actually had a singing section of their music in the Veteran's Day parade and it made me absurdly happy.