Export thread

The BAD Music Thread

Dave

Dave

Now, I know we have a thread going with music we like...this isn't that thread. This thread is for music you'd rather you never heard again, but are posting here to share the misery with others.

Mine? How's about a Chicken Dance Tutorial from the Lawrence Welk Show?

Null

Null

Piotyr

Piotyr

Vagabond

V.Bond

There is not a single redeeming thing about this.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"Signs" by Five Man Electrical Band

God I hate that song so Chaz'in much!

Krisken

Krisken

Every time I hear that horrible song by Kid Rock I get angry. Mostly because he ruins one ok song and one awesome song. He couldn't even just stick to ruining one song, but had to do two in one go. Now that's D-baggery at its height.

Null

Null

Every time I hear that horrible song by Kid Rock I get angry. Mostly because he ruins one ok song and one awesome song. He couldn't even just stick to ruining one song, but had to do two in one go. Now that's D-baggery at its height.
What did Werewolves of London ever do to him, I wonder?

Krisken

Krisken

Exactly! Now we're all punished.

Matt²

nuff said.

General Specific

General Specific

This song pisses me off. There are several bands whose songs you do not fuck with unless you are doing a faithful cover at a concert. High on that list is The Who.

The fact that there are people who defend this version as better than The Who's original fills me with murderous rage.

Chazwozel

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

"Why?" I'm asking myself the same question, Yoko.

phil

phil

Things have been going ok so far, but I'd bet anything that this just turns into haters ball 2010.

Music is almost up there with politics and religion as things I fell like one does not discuss in mixed company.

Krisken

Krisken

You don't have to participate, ya know :)

Wahad

Wahad

*Brokencyde video*

Completely agreed. Came here to post Brokencyde, left relieved I didn't have to look them up on youtube.

Krisken

Krisken

*Brokencyde video*

Completely agreed. Came here to post Brokencyde, left relieved I didn't have to look them up on youtube.[/QUOTE]
Wait, this is real? It looks like something made up by SNL!

Wahad

Wahad

No, it's all too real. My girlfriend loves them.

*sigh* It's her greatest flaw.

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal

Cajungal

If you want to drive me insane, play Aaron Neville. His "Amazing Grace" makes me claw at my face in agony. And my brother--my roommate--knows this... the bastard.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I'm just going to say all popular Hip-Hop jackasses (or anyone the 'samples') can go jump off a cussing bridge already. I hate that shit. Seriously. Hate.

Wasabi Poptart

If you want to drive me insane, play Aaron Neville. His "Amazing Grace" makes me claw at my face in agony. And my brother--my roommate--knows this... the bastard.
^5 OMG you are so right. Just the thought of him singing makes my eyes roll back in my head (and not in a good way).

Cajungal

Cajungal

^5 OMG you are so right. Just the thought of him singing makes my eyes roll back in my head (and not in a good way).[/QUOTE]

The vibrato... the goddamned obnoxiously slow vibrato mixed with that nasal honking thing he does sometimes.... JESUS!

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

sorry about the crappy quality - best i could come up with on short notice

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Anything by these fucking douche-nozzles:

Vagabond

V.Bond

Oh.

Anything recent by the Black Eyed Peas.

It's so formulaic that it ceases to be music altogether, and instead becomes an equation.

Wahad

Wahad

Also this:

Papillon

Wasabi Poptart

Here's one of my nightmares. Celine Dion and Aaron Neville singing a duet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh.

It's so formulaic that it ceases to be music altogether, and instead becomes an equation.
Hey, a band you really love and a band you really hate both begin with the word "black."

Philosopher B.

And because I see someone else pointed out Yoko's brilliant contributions to music:

GatDAMN I find that obnoxious.

- Philosopher, who originally came in here to post Brokencyde.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

I would also like to second the Hack Eyed Peas.

makare

I suppose as deference to you I'll stay out of this thread.

Krisken

Krisken

I suppose as deference to you I'll stay out of this thread.[/QUOTE]
I don't mind if you post something bad, just try to find something that is considered universally bad. Just saying "All 90's music won't cut it, I think.

Here's an example of bad by an ok artist.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The guy who made the Smooth Jazz Metallica in the Awesome Videos thread just made a parody of that one:

Philosopher B.

Lol! Hadn't seen that one.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Oh.

Hey, a band you really love and a band you really hate both begin with the word "black."[/QUOTE]

Hmmm.....

You know, I wonder if this could be some kind of representation of the constant struggle I have with the duality of my racial identity. Could it be that I am simply projecting my own frustrations on what I perceive to be the lesser of these two "blacks" because I lack a proper outlet to do so? Have I persecuted Will.I.Am's supergroup unjustly by giving them standards they could never possibly reach?

Nah.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh:

Philosopher B.

Lol.

Dave

Dave

This song pisses me off. There are several bands whose songs you do not fuck with unless you are doing a faithful cover at a concert. High on that list is The Who.

The fact that there are people who defend this version as better than The Who's original fills me with murderous rage.
See, I disagree with this. I think it was a passable remake as he didn't try and make it "his own interpretation". The only addition that seems out of place is the middle rappish part. The rest is more like an homage than a ripping off.

---------- Post added at 11:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

*Brokencyde video*

Completely agreed. Came here to post Brokencyde, left relieved I didn't have to look them up on youtube.[/QUOTE]

Holy crap Brokencyde is bad... and WTF is with having the whole song done in that horrendous autotune effect? God, I hate autotune...

Wasabi Poptart

As much as I liked Motley Crue when I was a teenager and in my early 20's I absolutely want to stab out my eardrums when I hear this remake of "Anarchy in the UK".

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

As much as I liked Motley Crue when I was a teenager and in my early 20's I absolutely want to stab out my eardrums when I hear this remake of "Anarchy in the UK".
SWEET MERCY. I didn't know I could hate motley crue anymore than I do. :mad2:

Those jackasses owe Sid et al an apology.

Null

Null

We should arrange an 'in person' apology for them.

General Specific

General Specific

See, I disagree with this. I think it was a passable remake as he didn't try and make it "his own interpretation". The only addition that seems out of place is the middle rappish part. The rest is more like an homage than a ripping off.[/quote]

You do not fuck with The Who. :rant: