The Cabin in the Woods

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Cabin in the Woods

Tagline: If you hear a strange sound outside... have sex

Genre: [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Drew Goddard[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Richard Jenkins[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bradley Whitford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jesse Williams[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Hemsworth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Fran Kranz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kristen Connolly[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brian J. White[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Amy Acker[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Anna Hutchison[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jodelle Ferland[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sigourney Weaver[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tim De Zarn[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terry Notary[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Lenk[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Payne[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Shea[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maya Massar[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Drake[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nels Lennarson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rukiya Bernard[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Peter Kelamis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adrian Holmes[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chelah Horsdal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Terry Chen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Heather Doerksen[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Sabongui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Phillip Mitchell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Naomi Dane[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ellie Harvie[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Patrick Gilmore[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Brad Dryborough[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emili Kawashima[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aya Furukawa[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maria Go[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Serena Akane Chi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Abbey Imai[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marina Ishibashi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Miku Katsuura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alicia Takase Lui[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jodi Tabuchi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sara Taira[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Alyssandra Yamamoto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Richard Cetrone[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Phoebe Galvan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Simon Pidgeon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Phillips[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lori Stewart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Greg Zach[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2012-04-12[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]95[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Five college friends spend the weekend at a remote cabin in the woods, where they get more than they bargained for. Together, they must discover the truth behind the cabin in the woods.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Probably one of the best meta-horror films ever. If you have ever seen a cabin-in-the-woods style horror film you already have the information you need going into this one. It takes the genre, turns it on it's head, shakes out all the cliches where you can see them, and gives you a beautiful explanation of why they are there in the first place. There is a point in this film where a ton of shit hits the world's biggest fan. I like to call this point in the film...
Purge-Button.

Last edited:
It seems like I only come into these threads to say :

-Oh my god this film was revolutionary and I loved every minute.-

Seriously though, at this point, I expect no less than perfection from Whedon. He delivers every time too.

It seems like I only come into these threads to say :

-Oh my god this film was revolutionary and I loved every minute.-

Seriously though, at this point, I expect no less than perfection from Whedon. He delivers every time too.
You must have missed Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

I have a real hard time finding fault with this movie. If you absolutely don't like horror movies of any variety you probably won't like this? That's all I got. More of a movie about horror movies than a horror movie.

Jamie Lee Curtis would have been the perfect fit for the end of this movie. You know it, I know it, we all know it.

I really liked this even though I'm not really that into horror. Definitely a fun movie with an interesting premise.

I keep hearing about how this is a good movie, but I know so little about it...and am trying to keep it that way so I can be delighted later.

--Patrick

Background info: I don't like slasher flicks. I like psychological thrillers, because they make you think, but I just can't get into slasher flicks. I know when the stupid cat's going to jump out to the shrieking violins, I know who's going to die first. I just can't get into them, much like I can't get into haunted houses because I can't suspend my disbelief enough--I can't seem to make myself forget that ol' "Jason" there is really a pimply-faced teen with a hockey mask on and no chain in his chainsaw, making minimum wage. And so, he doesn't scare me.

My wife, on the other hand, loves both haunted houses and slasher movies.

That said, I brought this movie home about a month ago as a prank, and told my wife I'd gotten her a slasher flick to watch together because I knew how much she liked them. 5 minutes in, she was decidedly pissed off because it was clear that it wasn't a real slasher flick. By the end of the movie, she was cracking up, and ended up loving it. As did I :)