The crazy state race continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Espy. I think the last week dealing with FB comments has been enough to kill my ability to tell snark from the real deal.

I'm still waiting for all the people who promised to leave if bush was elected, then those who promised to leave if he was re-elected, and then those who promised to leave if Obama was elected to finally leave.

Are there people that really think the only way you pay taxes is on a paycheck? Every state is different but it's not going to be easy to find someone that isn't paying a tax on something.

Are there people that really think the only way you pay taxes is on a paycheck? Every state is different but it's not going to be easy to find someone that isn't paying a tax on something.
Can you imagine everyone at the polling office having to bring something that proves they paid taxes? Egads, any polling station in the city would be a damn mess.
"Make sure that isn't from out of state!"
"How do we know you didn't dig that out of a trash can?"

There will always be excuses made to try to make people not vote.

Can you imagine everyone at the polling office having to bring something that proves they paid taxes? Egads, any polling station in the city would be a damn mess.

Not to mention that whole 24th ammendment.

I think what Chibi said about TX is the right way to go about it, free picture ID with every voter registration.

Well, like I said, my initial comment was just a tongue in cheek remark about how EVERYONE pays taxes on something, even those who don't own land or a home or are under 18. Yet it seems like some think only people with paychecks pay any taxes which is remarkably untrue...
Added at: 09:21
I also vote for free ID with registration. I have no problem with the state providing something like that if you need it, especially if it helps with voter fraud and makes things easier.

C

Chibibar

Not to mention that whole 24th ammendment.

I think what Chibi said about TX is the right way to go about it, free picture ID with every voter registration.
Just an ID, no picture.

C

Chibibar

The Id is helpful. It contains info like which "section" and stuff. so you can find where in the world you are suppose to go to vote!

NJ has free voter registration cards.

Which they don't check, of course.

All they do is ask you for the name and address of your registration address and sign a statement of intent. Which really is shit that someone could have pulled out of a trash-bin.

They could check your signature against past signatures...except that the official voter registration records at polling stations have incredibly stupid layouts that show you how you signed in previous years before you sign for this year.

Well, I would consider that crazier if I didn't have to pay for pre-school out of my own pocket in Colorado already. I'm amazed that it's state funded anywhere, since it's really not a necessary thing.

What the FUCK is up with Republicans lately? I guess it should be noted that they really hate minorities, women and kids. How the FUCK are they getting elected?
Because they've somehow convinced their base that the only way to afford the tax cuts to the rich that will save the economy is if the regular joe learns how to sacrifice.

Dave

Staff member
People don't have to pay for sending their kids to pre-school in Iowa?
Nope. At least not before. It's because a lot of the smaller communities and inner cities can't afford it. But we can't have that.

I know a ton of low income folks, some relatives that pay to send their kids to pre-school. I never knew pre-school had become a government must pay thing for folks.

I know a ton of low income folks, some relatives that pay to send their kids to pre-school. I never knew pre-school had become a government must pay thing for folks.
Same here. I'm not impressed by Iowa's entry. That law just makes it like every other state, except there's a chance for scholarships.

Rep Peter King (R. Long Island) may be working towards the New York entry.

He wants to hold Congressional hearings to "asses the extent of radicalization" in American Muslim communities. While we haven't reached full crazytown yet, this is a guy who is on record saying that there has been "insufficient cooperation" by American Muslims with law enforcement, despite evidence to the contrary. He also mentioned that he thought there were "too many mosques" in the US.

Also, his current witness-list? No law enforcement, no terrorism experts, no cultural experts, just Congress Reps and one conservative Muslim medical doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.