The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

Hey there, everyone. This thread is for us all to talk about everything Disney: whether some big news has come from Disney, talk about Disney films we've watched or even just share the ear worm delight of Disney songs.

To kick things off, just got the Blu-Ray of Wreck-It Ralph today. Still a freakin' awesome animated film.

Also, looks like Disney is making a live-action Cinderella film. While Emma Watson may possibly star as Cinderella, they've confirmed Cate Blanchett as the evil stepmother and Kenneth Branagh as the film's director.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=100985

A long long time ago, before most of you were a 3rd drink on Saturday night, I bought the Disney Box CD set of classic songs. Absolutely fantastic 3 CDs!

A long long time ago, before most of you were a 3rd drink on Saturday night, I bought the Disney Box CD set of classic songs. Absolutely fantastic 3 CDs!
Get with the times, uh... wait a minute, there was a joke that was supposed to fill this space... I got the 5-disc set, probably about the same time that you got your set.

Anything involving Donald Duck or his spin-offs. Except for DuckTales issue 3 cos...yeah that was bad.
I'm not such a fan of Donald Duck myself. Scrooge McDuck, however, is awesome. If you haven't read it, I recommend tracking down The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck. It's a graphic novel telling the tale of how Scrooge McDuck became the richest duck in the world.

Ah man I've been meaning to get that! Its weird how a character who starts out as a parody of from a Dickens story becomes so damn compelling!

I concur!

I do, however, like many of the villian songs. ...They're often my favorite song of the movie.
Definitely. Quite frequently, the villain song tends to be among the best songs in Disney films.

In terms of best, "Be Prepared" definitely ranks high. One of my favorite villain songs, though, is "The World's Greatest Criminal Mind" from The Great Mouse Detective.

Who else misses the Disney cartoon line-up? Rescue Rangers, Gummy bears, Darkwing Duck, that was awesome! Now they got like, THREE cartoons and one them could be a LOT better(though I admit its a guilty pleasure). Just so many damn popcoms on that network now, its friggin' ridiculous.

Who else misses the Disney cartoon line-up? Rescue Rangers, Gummy bears, Darkwing Duck, that was awesome! Now they got like, THREE cartoons and one them could be a LOT better(though I admit its a guilty pleasure). Just so many damn popcoms on that network now, its friggin' ridiculous.
Disney used to have some awesome cartoons they'd show. DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Bonkers, even a few of the later cartoons like Kim Possible. Now, there's really only one or two cartoons to check out: Phineas and Ferb (which is okay) and Gravity Falls (which I highly recommend).

They run most of their animated stuff on Disney XD now, as it's included in most standard cable packages. As for their stuff...

- Gravity Falls: Awesome. Second half of Season 1 going on right now. Airs on Disney too.
- Phineas and Ferb: Also awesome. Glad it broke the 100 episode barrier. Also Airs on Disney.
- Slugterra: Surprisingly good. From the guy who made Dragon Booster and Storm Hawks.
- Motorcity: Was cancelled, despite decent ratings and good fan/critic response. Got a proper finale at least.
- Ultimate Spider-man: Not terrible, but I wish the Ben 10 guys had stuck to Ben 10 and not this.
- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Canceled, getting a new Avengers series more in line with the movies. I personally didn't like this series but a lot of fans did.
- Kick Buttowski: Cancelled as of Dec. 2, 2012. I liked this show a lot, but it didn't get the ratings.
- Kid Vs Kat: Cancelled. Crap ratings. Didn't like it.
- Jimmy Two-Shoes: Might be cancelled, no one knows. Weird show. Wasn't getting very good ratings.
- Randy Cunningham Ninth Grade Ninja: Haven't really watched it. Seems pretty generic though.
- Tron Uprising: I liked it. It was only ever supposed to be a single season though.

So no... Disney is still doing tons of animated stuff. They just do it on Disney XD and not Disney proper.

Also, Craig McCracken's going to be making a cartoon series for them called Wander Over Yonder. Here's hoping it turns out well.

Cajungal

Staff member
Fucking Gummi Bears. My brother didn't rick roll me (well he did)... but more often he Gummi Bear Theme'd me. Fucking Gummi Bears...

Tron Uprising: I liked it. It was only ever supposed to be a single season though.
Huh, that's interesting, the season finale does not at all feel like one for a show intended to be a single season (unlike say, Legend of Korra, which does despite the fact that it was extended).

I'd like to thank Tumblr for spoiling most of Wreck-It Ralph's ending via gifs. (Also applies to: season 2 of Sherlock, season 7 of new Doctor Who.)

Watched Wreck-It Ralph tonight, enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing Oz in the coming week or two. Next week has several Disney DVD releases, Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (25th Anniversary Blu-Ray), Mulan/Mulan 2 BR, Brother Bear/Brother Bear 2 BR, and Hunchback of Notre Dame BR. Also, Willow BR that is kinda Disney now.

They run most of their animated stuff on Disney XD now, as it's included in most standard cable packages. As for their stuff...

- Gravity Falls: Awesome. Second half of Season 1 going on right now. Airs on Disney too.
- Phineas and Ferb: Also awesome. Glad it broke the 100 episode barrier. Also Airs on Disney.
- Slugterra: Surprisingly good. From the guy who made Dragon Booster and Storm Hawks.
- Motorcity: Was cancelled, despite decent ratings and good fan/critic response. Got a proper finale at least.
- Ultimate Spider-man: Not terrible, but I wish the Ben 10 guys had stuck to Ben 10 and not this.
- Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes: Canceled, getting a new Avengers series more in line with the movies. I personally didn't like this series but a lot of fans did.
- Kick Buttowski: Cancelled as of Dec. 2, 2012. I liked this show a lot, but it didn't get the ratings.
- Kid Vs Kat: Cancelled. Crap ratings. Didn't like it.
- Jimmy Two-Shoes: Might be cancelled, no one knows. Weird show. Wasn't getting very good ratings.
- Randy Cunningham Ninth Grade Ninja: Haven't really watched it. Seems pretty generic though.
- Tron Uprising: I liked it. It was only ever supposed to be a single season though.

So no... Disney is still doing tons of animated stuff. They just do it on Disney XD and not Disney proper.
  • Love it, can't wait to see who has the third book.
  • Good show, but I fidn the musical numbers a smidge tiring.
  • Couldn't get it, but I guess I'll give it another shot.
  • Heard great things, been meaning to watch it.
  • All of my hate. A SPIDER-CYCLE?! What is this the 1960s? Whats next, a giant space-ship that turns into a leopard themed robot? It didn't make sense all those years ago, and it didn't now.
  • I liked it, but nothing I haven't seen before.
  • Take it or leave it. See one 10 year old daredevil you've seen em all.
  • Me neither, it was just a poorly animated Tom and Jerry.
  • Thats STILL on? I completely forgotten that was a thing! Weird.
  • He has a "Ninjanomicon"...yeah I am not watching this.
  • Still haven't seen Tron, so I can't watch yet.
Guess they do have a good ammount of toons, maybe its just the line-up that bugs me.

Just got back from seeing Oz the Great and Powerful.

On the whole, really enjoyable. The story is solid, although I do feel they rushed Theodora's arc a bit. Also, I feel that James Franco and Mila Kunis were both a bit miscast. They weren't terrible, but someone else should have played their parts. That said, Michelle Williams is fun as Glinda and the China Girl character is a delight. The production design is also beautiful, with such rich colors to it. Also, best opening credits I've seen in a long time.

You know, I personally wouldn't mind seeing Disney make their own adaptation of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. Let me be clear, I don't mean a remake of the 1939 film. I mean their own adaptation of that particular book.

Lucas confirmed the "original three" actors are all coming back in the 3 new Star Wars movies - Luke, Han and Leia. I'm glad the characters'll make an appearance (though it amkes me even more fearful for the EU), but the actors? Ehhhhh.....I dunno.

Yeah I don't see Mark as being the heroic protagonist again. If these films were made in the FREAKIN' EIGHTIES like they were supposed to, I'd be all for it but we can't all be dancin' in the land of "What could be" can we now?

According to everything written about post-original trilogy, Luke is busy gathering Force Sensitives to rebuild the order. So he's probably going to be the new Yoda.

I thought they shut down 2D animation a long time ago.
Well, they had shut it down once, back around 2004...then John Lasseter reinstated the 2D animation division because it was the terrible quality of the films at that point and not the 2D animation that was the source of the films not being successful.