Export thread

The Double Down

Creature

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

That reminds me of the Luther burger from The Boondocks.That stuff will give you "The Itis."

http://video.adultswim.com/the-boondocks/the-luther.html

Creature

I've only seen that show a couple of times, but I thought it was pretty funny.

The double down is one of those things that I might order on a very late and very drunken night if KFC were open that late.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The Double Down was on the blog This Is Why You're Fat back when it was being test marketed.

It doesn't look very appetizing to me, but I generally don't like cheese on fried chicken.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That's garbage. It's a chicken piece, slapped on with some cheese and bacon, and then another piece thrown on top. It even looks lazy.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It looks hard to eat. And gross.

And this is coming from a fatass who LOVES unhealthy food.

Shannow

Shannow

mmmmmm...kfc...

Null

Null

In before "That's Racist" kid.

Creature

Yeah, I agree, and I like junk food too, but this is just yucky looking. I'm more a sweet-toothed junk eater, though. Ice cream and cake are my weaknesses. I never keep that stuff in the house because I'll eat it all up.

Now I want a piece of red velvet cake. :(

Dave

Dave

Omaha is one of the test markets for KFC so I've been able to get one of these before the rest of the country. Tasty as hell but oh so very, very bad for you.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Yeah, I agree, and I like junk food too, but this is just yucky looking. I'm more a sweet-toothed junk eater, though. Ice cream and cake are my weaknesses. I never keep that stuff in the house because I'll eat it all up.

Now I want a piece of red velvet cake. :([/QUOTE]

I have a whole sheet cake of red velvet made for cake balls that I'm not going to use. I wish you could have it!

Null

Null

Omaha is one of the test markets for KFC so I've been able to get one of these before the rest of the country. Tasty as hell but oh so very, very bad for you.
There aren't bones in it, are there?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I don't do ups....

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

You always double down on an 11.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I could eat one of those if I didn't have to look at it....

It just looks awful.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Just gonna point out that that monstrosity from KFC has less fat and calories than a cheeseless whopper. Yeah.

Creature

Just gonna point out that that monstrosity from KFC has less fat and calories than a cheeseless whopper. Yeah.
Oh yeah, it's definitely not as bad as many of the other monstrosities out there.

figmentPez

figmentPez

:wtf: That is messed up. So very very very messed up. How is that possible?

Oh, it's the mayo on the burger. 670 calories and 40 grams of fat drops to 520 and 23....
But the Double Down looks to have some sort of [strike]mayo[/strike] Colonel's Sauce as well.... ARGH! Is the burger patty made of pure fat? This is why I try and avoid fast food.

Damn, the Double down has a lot of sodium, though. 1380 mg. I think that's equal to well over half a teaspoon of salt.

Creature

Mayo is the jizz of satan. I'm glad I forced myself to enjoy the 0 calorie taste of mustard :clap:

Frank

Frankie Williamson

1 tea spoon of your average yellow mustard has 3 calories and .2 grams of fat.

DON'T KID YOURSELF!

Creature

My mustard bottle lies to me?!?! Bastards.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Am I the ONLY fatty who will admit that that looks good?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Am I the ONLY fatty who will admit that that looks good?
The only thing that looks bad about it, to me, is the cheese. I'd gladly eat the fried chicken dipped in the Colonel's Sauce, though I'd require a couple biscuits on the side, I'm a carb lover.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

on topic: I just really don't like KFC's fried chicken at all. Popeye's all the way.

Creature

You know, I almost always choose Popeye's, but some days I'd rather Chick-fil-a or the Krispy Krunchy stuff. I almost never choose KFC if I want fried chicken. Hmmm.

Koko

I buy my fried chicken @ $5 a pound at the supermarket deli.
Last time i went to KFC it was prriicceyyy

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I love Popeye's but lately I have been CRAVING extra crispiness chicken. Walmart chicken kinda satiates me, but the nearest KFC is in NOLA...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like to fry my own, but I never get to. As for this "sandwich," I mean... I definitely would eat the chicken, but I'm not down for a sandwich where the bread isn't bread.

And, like young Charles says, when it comes to fast food chain chicken, Popeye's all the way.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Huh, so it's a Flying Dutchman from In & Out, except with chicken and bacon in the middle. Could be decent.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

No KFC here... so when we wants greasy fast food chicken, the choices are between McNuggets and Hesburger Nuggets (which are crummy).

Did try one out while in Ireland, though. Pretty tasty. Unfortunately the only outlet was a bit far away. Twenty minutes walking to town, fifteen in a bus :p

Gusto

Gusto

I worked at a KFC for about a year and now I can smell one from a mile away and it nauseates me almost every time.

Jay

Jay

Wow, 1430mg of sodium. I guess that leaves us room for another 70mg for our daily intake every day.

Andromache

oh god. It looks like vomit, that's busy puking.

pass.

Null

Null

I've only eaten at KFC three times over 10 years. All three times, food poisoning. No thanks.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just got the precursor to this the other day (the two chicken patties meal)

Right as I was getting it, we got toned out for a carjacking/kidnapping attempt.

Anything I can wolf down doing 100 with lights and sirens is a good thing. *grins*

And yes, I WILL be getting this.... I will run 5 miles that day to EARN it, but I WILL get it. *grins*

tegid

tegid

All these talking about 2 or 3 different chains only for fried chicken fast food... Ahh, the envy.

Steven Soderburgin

A guy I work with got one today on a dare.

I took that picture

As of the last update (about half an hour ago) his stomach still hurts, and he never wants to eat again.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I got one today too.

It didn't make my stomach hurt, but I wasn't a big fan of whatever secret sauce the put in there with the cheese.

Cajungal

Cajungal

He should have just fed half to his little dragon friend.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

according to KFC.com, the thing isn't really so terrible. 540 calories. But it does have half your daily salt and fat RDA.

One of them filled me up..i couldn't imagine eating this as a combo-meal with the potato wedges.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's just a big, sinister protein-fest. I can't eat fried chicken if I plan on getting anything done. It makes me feel like something big and sleepy... like a Mastiff or Snorlax.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It's just a big, sinister protein-fest. I can't eat fried chicken if I plan on getting anything done. It makes me feel like something big and sleepy... like a Mastiff or Snorlax.
"I shouldn't have eaten that fried chicken....."
\

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ahahahahahaaaaaa!

General Specific

General Specific

My friends and I were talking about getting a bunch of these for the MST3k night tonight. We were also planning on watching The Blood Waters of Dr. Z. I'm a bit worried that between the two, there could be an issue. So, I just want everyone to know that I love you and to play "Murder in the City" by the Avett Brothers at my funeral.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I tried it. It was ok. It wasn't "gross" by any stretch, and it wasn't even all that messy to eat. I'm not much on the cheese sauce but the bacon was good. I think it would have been better with dark meat instead of breast.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Hylian

Hylian

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah but none of that is being released by a major outlet, so it kind of loses it's mass appeal neh?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Yeah but none of that is being released by a major outlet, so it kind of loses it's mass appeal neh?
The second one, the 100x100, can be ordered at an In-N-Out Burger. I'm not sure if they require advance notice, though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The triple would be too greasy for me, but I do quite enjoy the double baconator.

makare

Holy crap a sandwich with over 1500 calories. That's something else.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Double Down combo purchased. It was DEE-LISH-USS. The secret sauce mentioned is also the same sauce used by Zaxby's for THEIR chicken foodstuffs. Full of win.

Wouldn't want to have more than one every couple weeks at MOST, tho.

General Specific

General Specific

I had one tonight as well and maybe I built it up in my head a bit, but it was merely ok. Not great, not terrible, just ok.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

As I was taking my shower, my cat sat in my chair. Now it's warm :3

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Hahahaha! I thought this was the minor victories thread... oh well. It works!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I got one on Monday. It was good. And so thoughtful of Den to offer to call 911 in advance for me. :D

I *thought* I could go with the grilled version next time as a "healthier" alternative. Um, no.

Code:
                                        cal    fat    sodium
KFC Original Recipe® Double Down  	540  	32  	1380
KFC Grilled Double Down 	        460     23 	1430
The once in a blue moon theory is helped by the only KFC in town being way on the other side of town from me. :p

Ross

Ross

I used to eat this shit like crazy at college... so damn good.

Koko

I got one on Monday. It was good. And so thoughtful of Den to offer to call 911 in advance for me. :D

I *thought* I could go with the grilled version next time as a "healthier" alternative. Um, no.

Code:
                                        cal    fat    sodium
The once in a blue moon theory is helped by the only KFC in town being way on the other side of town from me. :p
The single, double, and tripple baconator from Wendy's BLOWS that away in poor nutrition.
AND
it tastes just like a shitty cheeseburger.

Chazwozel

Code:
                                        cal    fat    sodium
You know, this thing is actually far better for you than a Whopper or Big Mac.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Code:
                                        cal    fat    sodium
The single, double, and tripple baconator from Wendy's BLOWS that away in poor nutrition.
AND
it tastes just like a shitty cheeseburger.[/QUOTE]

Like I posted earlier, even a single, plain whopper without cheese is worse than the double down. It's almost fucking healthfood compared to most fast food burgers.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

It doesn't look appetizing. I'd probably try one, but I very rarely go to KFC. I also like Popeye's the best. Spicy chicken and red beans and rice!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Everybody always says "it looks gross." Pictures of the real actual food product ALWAYS look gross. It's different in person.

Chazwozel

Personally, I'd rather just have the two pieces of boneless chicken.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^That's what I keep thinking! Why does the chicken have to be bread for something? I'd rather just have a piece of chicken.

GasBandit

GasBandit

^That's what I keep thinking! Why does the chicken have to be bread for something? I'd rather just have a piece of chicken.
Cause you know what's better than a piece of chicken? TWO pieces of chicken. And you know what's better than two pieces of chicken? Two peices of chicken with BACON between them.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bleh. I couldn't do it. Believe me I could have about 5 years ago, but not now.

Calleja

Calleja

Cause you know what's better than a piece of chicken? TWO pieces of chicken. And you know what's better than two pieces of chicken? Two peices of chicken with BACON between them.[/QUOTE]

And you know what's better than two pieces of chicken with BACON between them? Two pieces of chicken with BACON AND CHEESE between them.

Ross

Ross

Go big or go home :p

Chazwozel

You know what's better than two pieces of chicken with BACON between them? Two pieces of chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, a side of coleslaw, and cornbread. You know, the way fried chicken is supposed to be.

Steven Soderburgin

No waffles, Chazwozel?

Element 117

Go big or go home :p[/QUOTE]

If my choice is eating something that makes me puke or going home, you know what? I'll be at home.

Calleja

Calleja

What I find really sorta gross that doesn't seem to be a problem to you guys is that a BONELESS chicken isn't really chicken, it's reconstituted chicken... stuff. It's... gross.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Go big or go home :p[/QUOTE]

If my choice is eating something that makes me puke or going home, you know what? I'll be at home.[/QUOTE]

And I will make us some REAL chicken!

phil

phil

No waffles, Chazwozel?

Is that as good as I hear? My friends got it once and they loved it but it just sounds a bit weird to me.

As far as what chaz said I agree. I love making my own KFC bowls of chicken, mashed potatoes and corn all mashed together. Good eats!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

What I find really sorta gross that doesn't seem to be a problem to you guys is that a BONELESS chicken isn't really chicken, it's reconstituted chicken... stuff. It's... gross.
Double-down chicken breasts aren't reconstituted. It's a chicken breast that's been de-boned. There's a difference.

figmentPez

figmentPez

It is possible to debone a chicken and get large pieces without having to glue it back together. This is a chicken breast, a pretty easy cut of meat to make boneless.. You can criticize it for losing the flavor that bone brings, but it's hardly reconstituted. As far as I know, the only reconstituted food on KFC's menu is the mashed potatoes.

On the subject of glued together pieces of meat: McDonald's nuggets are reconstituted. Chik-fiil-A's nuggets are not.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Has anyone seen that video of Jamie Oliver showing kids how chicken nuggets are made? *shudder*

Calleja

Calleja

Ah. Not gross then. They do look way too big to be de-boned breasts, though.

makare

It's like chicken sausage I don't see what the big deal is. My family got a good laugh about that segment when he was saying "you dont eat this part or that part". We do. We don't waste food so pretty much a whole chicken (you know the kind you buy in the store not like the head or feathers etc) gets used in some way.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Has anyone seen that video of Jamie Oliver showing kids how chicken nuggets are made? *shudder*
That kind of pisses me off. That's those grey chicken nuggets. I haven't seen grey chicken nuggets since I was very young. I didn't even know anywhere still made them. Even most fast food places do the white meat nuggets.

I agree with his message wholeheartedly about people needing to understand their food better though.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, by the time I saw it, everyone had moved to white meat except maybe the cheapest of cheapy cheap frozen brands, but it was still fun to see the kids' reactions.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Ah. Not gross then. They do look way too big to be de-boned breasts, though.
What? Man, it's incredibly easy to pull huge amounts of breast meat off of the rib cage.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2706_bone-chicken-breast.html

Chazwozel

No waffles, Chazwozel?
wif extra syrup.

All this talk of soul food has made me hungry and get an urge to drive to Atlanta.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

When i was a kid, I worked at Hartz chicken. Hartz would cut and marinate whole chickens into pieces for frying right on the premises (rather than getting pre-cut chicken like a lot of places).

I'd always see these chicken pieces on the floor, like little meat donuts. I picked one up once and asked the chicken-cutter dude "Hey, what part of the chicken is this? It looks like a chicken butthole."

He laughed at me and said "It's a chicken butthole".

Teach me to pick up random chicken meat off the floor. heh.

figmentPez

figmentPez

That's not how they're made in the US. I'm not sure how close it is. I know some nuggets use the hydrolyzed vegetable protien, but I don't think any use ground bone or skin.

Dave

Dave

Out of this whole thread the only thing I took was that Chicken Butthole would be a great band name.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's not how they're made in the US. I'm not sure how close it is. I know some nuggets use the hydrolyzed vegetable protien, but I don't think any use ground bone or skin.[/QUOTE]

Still. Yeek.

figmentPez

figmentPez

When i was a kid, I worked at Hartz chicken. Hartz would cut and marinate whole chickens into pieces for frying right on the premises (rather than getting pre-cut chicken like a lot of places).

I'd always see these chicken pieces on the floor, like little meat donuts. I picked one up once and asked the chicken-cutter dude "Hey, what part of the chicken is this? It looks like a chicken butthole."

He laughed at me and said "It's a chicken butthole".

Teach me to pick up random chicken meat off the floor. heh.
And there are numerous places in the world where that part gets eaten. I think I've seen both Andrew Zimmern and Anthony Bourdain chowing down on chicken anus on a stick.

General Specific

General Specific

Out of this whole thread the only thing I took was that Chicken Butthole would be a great band name.
"Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein" would be a good indie band name.

Dave

Dave

"Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein" would be a good indie band name.[/QUOTE]

They can open for Chicken Butthole.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

i wanna be in the band..i'll be the chunky guy with a spiked mohawk, eyeliner and lipstick, a bright red sleeveless shirt, and leather pants.

General Specific

General Specific

"Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein" would be a good indie band name.[/QUOTE]

They can open for Chicken Butthole.[/QUOTE]

The intro band to both will be Rod Torfleson's Armada featuring Herman Menderchuck

(+2 geek points for anyone who gets the reference)