Export thread

The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Limit: 500

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Alright, people. Let's hear your epic tales, legends, ballads and other deeds, mishaps and zany adventures worthy of a song.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Awesome, the Epic Thread lives, and will live again.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I would have titled this thread: The EPIC WIN Thread 3: Melee a Trois.

phil

phil

I'm probably going to eat a really good sandwich today for dinner. I'm looking forward to it! I might even go a little nutzo and add extra turkey.

Also, my roommate got a promotion at work so he doesn't have to be on the checkout lanes anymore and gets to wear his fancy pants to work n' everything!

Krisken

Krisken

Make sure to call him that every time he comes home from work.

"Well, welcome home, Mr. Fancypants!"

evilmike

evilmike

Passed 3000 miles on the bike today. That puts me 2 weeks ahead of schedule for the year goal.

phil

phil

Passed 3000 miles on the bike today. That puts me 2 weeks ahead of schedule for the year goal.
wooo! keep up the good work!

Krisken

Krisken

Very cool. I'm still trying to get up the gumption to work out on the wii fit. That isn't nearly as strenuous!

General Specific

General Specific

Make sure to call him that every time he comes home from work.

"Well, welcome home, Mr. Fancypants!"
Then play this:

Dave

Dave

My weekend:

Friday night:

DJ gig - $125 pay + $50 tip = $175.

Saturday night:

DJ gig - $125 pay + $50 overtime + $105 (?) tip = $280

Total - $455 for 11 hours of work.

Also Saturday, we got $1150 back from state taxes. So Sunday my wife surprises me by taking me to Best Buy and telling me I can get an iPod Touch for Father's Day. I've wanted one for a long time and I wanted to get a 32 gb version but the wife didn't want to spend the additional $100 and wanted me to get the 8 gb one. SO I talked her into the 32 gb one and paid for it with all the peripherals I got. It was WAY more expensive than we thought it would be. Got home and found out that they got me and charged me for the 64 gb version!!

The wife? She knew it wasn't my fault and told me just to keep it. SCORE!!!

evilmike

evilmike

Thanks for the encouragement.

This is one reason I always tell people who are doing any distance on a bike at all to make sure they have an odometer. It's great to have that number instead of saying "I ride a lot".

Enresshou

Enresshou

I fucking love the people my PhD program. I start next week, and got an e-mail today saying, "Hey, we're subsidizing a trip to Cedar Point. It'll be $30 for the ticket, and $9 for the round-trip bus fare."

Long story made short,

Calleja

Calleja

The girl sent me a good morning text message and now I'm all smiley.

Hylian

Hylian

My weekend:

Friday night:

DJ gig - $125 pay + $50 tip = $175.

Saturday night:

DJ gig - $125 pay + $50 overtime + $105 (?) tip = $280

Total - $455 for 11 hours of work.

Also Saturday, we got $1150 back from state taxes. So Sunday my wife surprises me by taking me to Best Buy and telling me I can get an iPod Touch for Father's Day. I've wanted one for a long time and I wanted to get a 32 gb version but the wife didn't want to spend the additional $100 and wanted me to get the 8 gb one. SO I talked her into the 32 gb one and paid for it with all the peripherals I got. It was WAY more expensive than we thought it would be. Got home and found out that they got me and charged me for the 64 gb version!!

The wife? She knew it wasn't my fault and told me just to keep it. SCORE!!!

So level with us.

How much did you tip the store employees in order for them to make their :quote:mistake:quote: ?

Dave

Dave

If I had done that the wife would have made me take it back. So there.

Espy

Espy

I had pancakes TWICE this weekend.

First round: Apple and Granola
Second round: Pumpkin.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I got Android 2.2 with full flash support running on my Moto Droid, along with the super sexy Nexus-One theme.

I'm sitting at work right now, watching full episodes of Glee streaming from fox.com on the phone's browser. My life is truly complete.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Avenue Q was hilarious and fun! :D

Rob King

Rob King

I went to halforums.com today and was met with a very sexy looking website. I don't know why, but the redesign has really got me excited.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I like it too, Rob. :D

Jake built my computer this weekend. He did a fantastic job! My dad can get me a monitor and the OS at a discount this week. It's alllll comin' together. :D I made him some chili and lemon cake as a thank you. I'm probably gonna cook for him again this week. ^_^

Espy

Espy

My wife is open to getting iphones now that they have a data plan at a better price... it's not quite an epic win yet but it could turn into one!

Also, 7 years ago I got married to the most amazing gal in the world. Pretty f'ing epic.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Awww, congrats to both of you, espy.

Krisken

Krisken

Agreed. Congrats Espy! Seventh anniversary is supposed to be wool and copper, not iphones! I suppose it will do though.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

chili and lemon cake
Could I get a recipe for that?

Krisken

Krisken

I would bet it's two recipes. I don't think you mix them together. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

fuck

Cajungal

Cajungal

chili and lemon cake
Could I get a recipe for that?[/QUOTE]

As for the lemon cake... I was feeling lazy so I just made my grandma's. All you do is dissolve lemon jello in the water that you add to a boxed cake mix--then just prepare the cake normally. It's very good and very very easy.

As for the chili... you know me... no precise measurements. But first I blend my chili seasoning: Chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, all 3 peppers, oregano, parsley, and a little curry powder. Play around with the ratios til you find one you prefer. I add a LOT of cayenne because I love it.

Then you need 2 lb. of meat. I use one of lean beef/turkey and one of pork. Then you need one yellow onion minced, 5 cloves of garlic (or less if you don't like that much garlic), and about 3.5 cups of peppers. Here are the peppers I use: Red/green bell, poblano, dried chiles, serranos, jalepenos, anaheims, and banana. Again, find a ratio you like. I like more red bell, poblano, and serranos.

Then you poach the dried peppers for a few minutes and puree them with a can of tomato paste. Unless you wanna chop and simmer your own fresh tomatoes (which makes it better, but takes a bit longer) you'll need a few cans of tomato puree and diced tomatoes.

OK on to the cooking:

First, you brown and season the meat in a big heavy bottom pot. Remove from the pot when browned and add a little olive oil to the leftover fat. Throw in the onion and peppers and add a little seasoning to that as well. When the vegetables are tender, add the minced garlic and let all that cook for a couple more minutes. Put the meat back in and stir in the tomatoes and paste and a bay leaf. Let that simmer for about 3 hours at least. Stir it every once in a while, and add any more seasoning you might need.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Man, I am slightly disappointed to learn that this isn't one recipe that combines chili and lemon into one cake.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Go forth, Allen! Be creative, and add Jello to your Hormel!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

The key to quality chili

with an "i"

and lemon cake is quality chiles

with an "e"

Rob King

Rob King

Chef Gusteau said:
What I say is true - anyone can cook... but only the fearless can be great

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jake wanted to play a trick on his parents and serve the cake to his parents like cornbread with the chili. :laugh: But he didn't because he doesn't like to waste lemon cake.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

WOO! My Financial Aid office came through! I had a $500 bursary coming to me in July, but I'm leaving for Beijing July 1st. They got it to me today instead! Now I can actually pay for some parts of the trip! YEAH!

SO AWESOME!

General Specific

General Specific

Going to my grandparent's place on saturday to celebrate my Grandfather's 90th birthday.

phil

phil

I'm feeling pretty good about myself after a while of not feeling this good. I wrote a few jokes and am think I just might try them out on stage. I also don't feel so bad about my immediate future. I really just need to figure out if I'll live here in Dallas or if I can pull a win out of my ass and keep living in San Marcos. I won't really feel too bad either way really.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm home from a 6-day 5-night trip to Walt Disney World in Florida. Had a great time, did almost everything that I set out to do on this trip (only missed one ride that I wanted) but got to see many things that I hadn't seen before. I actually came home with significant cash left in my pocket and don't owe anything on the trip.

Hylian

Hylian

Well congrats on your trip :thumbsup:

figmentPez

figmentPez

Arrr, I might have scurvy.

No, seriously.

Why are you looking at me like that?...

Oh, it's because this is the EPIC WIN thread and scurvy is not made of win. Yeah, I can understand that. Well, for those that don't know I've been sick for ~15 years now, and for the first 5 or 6 years I periodically saw doctors who couldn't find anything wrong and wanted to put me on anti-depressants. When I said that I wasn't depressed, they said they couldn't help me. Recently I decided to see a doctor again, and apparently I've found a better one this time... or I've just gotten that much worse.

I've gotten back some of my preliminary test results, and they show deficiencies of: Vitamins B12, C, D, E, some amino acid... Glutamine (?) and maybe something else. I don't have the results next to me. I go back in Tuesday to discuss the results in detail (including my positive Epstein-Barr tests), but when my mom was picking up nutritional supplements the doc said my vitamin C was the lowest he's ever seen. He's also going to put me on vitamin B injections, so I get to be a pin-cushion... yea...

So, an odd thing to be checking off as EPIC WIN, but I'm damn glad to know that there's concrete evidence of something seriously wrong with me. Now to find out what's been causing all these low levels, since I eat a pretty balanced diet.

phil

phil

also on the plus side, you might be a pirate!

Hylian

Hylian

No offense is meant by the following comics but they came to mind when I read your post

figmentPez

figmentPez

also on the plus side, you might be a pirate!
LOL, yeah.

I don't know what level of symptoms it takes to have scurvy. I haven't had any of the worse stuff, like bleeding mouth sores and lost teeth, but I have had some of the more minor symptoms like problems with mucous membranes and a red rash. I'll find out more from the doctor on Tuesday.

The real plus side is that I'm not diabetic. I'm not sure what else has been ruled out yet, though.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The six-year dry spell is officially over.

Rob King

Rob King

Sweet. Finnish-me is gettin' some action!

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Intercontinental wonder-twin high-five?

Philosopher B.

Wasabi Poptart

:thumbsup:

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Intercontinental wonder-twin high-five?
Intercontinental wonder-twin high-five TO THE EXTREME.

Rob King

Rob King

Intercontinental wonder-twin high-five TO THE EXTREME.
I think we just broke the universe.

But I am okay with it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

WOOHOOOO! :high5:

Gusto

Gusto

Intercooooooooourse!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Congrats brah.... how is the little lady doing?

Calleja

Calleja

YAAAYYYY SEEEEXXX!!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Personal, bro. But I'll just say that we both were smiling.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Congrats!

I have to ask. I can't stop it! I MUST!

Is it as a good as you remember it being?

LordRendar

LordRendar

"High Five" my Finnish friend.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Personal, bro. But I'll just say that we both were smiling.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't meaning it THAT way, bro-head. I don't ask folks to "kiss" and tell. *chuckles* I remember you saying that she's less-than-experienced, is all. Glad to hear that it was enjoyable for all concerned.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Congrats!

I have to ask. I can't stop it! I MUST!

Is it as a good as you remember it being?[/QUOTE]

Well, here we go into Clinton territory, as in defining "it" ;)

Null

Null

Respek knucklez

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Wasn't meaning it THAT way, bro-head. I don't ask folks to "kiss" and tell. *chuckles* I remember you saying that she's less-than-experienced, is all. Glad to hear that it was enjoyable for all concerned.
Well, yeah... that's why we're taking it slowly. Not rushing into things and all that...

Vagabond

V.Bond

50¢

Long live dead formats

*relocated due to mexican ire

Null

Null

Seems like more a minor victory than an epic win to me.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I think a certain someone will be disagreeing with you in just a moment.

Calleja

Calleja

Can someone please rage in all caps for me? I'm feeling a bit under the weather right now.

Null

Null

It's that person's right to disagree, and my sovreign duty to not give a fuck what they think.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

50¢

Long live dead formats

*relocated due to mexican ire
Meh.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Calleja said:
Can someone please rage in all caps for me? I'm feeling a bit under the weather right now.
No problem, hombre.

Null said:
It's that person's right to disagree, and my sovreign duty to not give a fuck what they think.
Officer_Charon said:
Calleja said:

Calleja

Calleja

Thanks Vagoo, I know I can always trust you to have my back.

Null

Null

Fuck the Beatles, they've been broken up for longer than I've been alive. I recognize their place in the history of music and of the 20th century, right up there with Elvis, but I don't listen to him, either. We're not all fucking required to love them the insane way one person does.

Calleja

Calleja

Unbunch your panties, you panty buncher.

Null

Null

Stop fellating a dead band, you beatle-blower.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Yeah, it's cool that you found a record. But that isn't going to get you a full page of people saying "Good job" or "Respek Knuckles".

Oh yeah, nicely done, NR.

Gusto

Gusto

If anything, Calleja should be upset that someone was selling an Abbey Road record for 50 goddamned cents.

Calleja

Calleja

Stop fellating a dead band, you beatle-blower.
Dead? I see them everywhere these days.. it's almost as if music is immortal and eternal, gasp!!

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware the Epic Win thread had no space for subjective epic wins... cause, of course, every person considers the same things as everyone else as an Epic Win. It's measurable and observable, what was I thinking?

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Yeah, it's cool that you found a record. But that isn't going to get you a full page of people saying "Good job" or "Respek Knuckles".

Oh yeah, nicely done, NR.
No, but it's an Epic Win thread and people instantly fill a apge with "meh" and "boo" and "the beatles" suck... that's better, I guess?

Null

Null

I think it's because any time anything even tangentially related to music comes up, you start ferociously masturbating to the Beatles. Enough, okay? We know YOU love the Beatles. The rest of us aren't required to, and your excessive prostelyzing of them is really annoying.

Calleja

Calleja

Once. Show me ONE TIME where the topic was music in general and I came in speaking of nothing but the Beatles. Show me that and I'll quit the forum. No bullshit.

Null

Null

I don't want you to quit the forum. I just think it's ridiculous that you get all worked up when other people don't love your favorite band. "It mentions the Beatles, so you need to make it an epic win." "Oh, you don't like that? Well, watch me TYPE ANGRY ABOUT IT." And then neg repping about it? Seriously, fuck off.

Calleja

Calleja

What? I can't even neg rep you cause I have to "spread around rep" more from the time I POS REPPED YOU. Moron.

I mention the Beatles alot, on my own, without taking over other topics. You people around here make them my territory so much that it's expected I say something everytime they come up... look it up, 9 times out of 10 someone will mention something about me "coming in to say something" before I even do. And I usually comply because it's fun to play our parts in the forum.. NR takes his pants off, Icarus gets confused with Iaculus (whoopise, the other way around?) and I love the Beatles. It's a schtick. Get over it.

You're seriously being a whiny bitch. And a lying one at that. I didn't neg rep you, ask the admins.

Null

Null

Okay, well, someone did for talking down the Quarry Men, and since it was you I was disagreeing with, seemed like the obvious choice.

Calleja

Calleja

And you told me to fuck off for that. You're a classy dude, you are.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Everyone needs to take a deep, cleansing breath...and help Null chill.

Seriously. People like things. There are a few things that I get excited about when they come up in conversation as well. People like to be included and show their love/knowledge of things they are passionate about.

You really need to relax.

Morphine

Morphine

I don't want you to quit the forum. I just think it's ridiculous that you get all worked up when other people don't love your favorite band. "It mentions the Beatles, so you need to make it an epic win." "Oh, you don't like that? Well, watch me TYPE ANGRY ABOUT IT." And then neg repping about it? Seriously, fuck off.
You're going to complain about his neg repping?
Is that now objective too??
I have been neg repped for the stupidest things, why shouldn't Calleja neg rep posts that diss the Beatles? It's his call, everybody reps (either positive or negative) subjectively, don't try to standarize the reputation, seriously.

Calleja

Calleja

I DIDN'T NEG REP HIM I CAN'T EVEN REP HIM IN ANY DIRECTION YET

Null

Null

Okay, I'm gonna back off. I am getting overwrought about this for some reason, so I'm gonna go chill instead of continuing to be a flaming asshole here.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Do you guys mind taking it to PMs instead of hijacking the thread? Thaaaanks.

Edit: might as well add the closest to an epic win I've had lately. Yesterday was my saint's day (I don't celebrate it, buy my grampas do so whatevs) and I got 75E from the family. This, coupled with amazon putting the kindle at 150E~ means it's half paid and I'mma get one in august :D

Morphine

Morphine

Dude! I didn't say you did, I said "why shouldn't you", I'm referring to his complain about someone else's standards for repping. SO TAKE A CHILL PILL!

Calleja

Calleja

YOU TAKE A CHILL PILL!! I AM EXPECTED TO RAGE IN ALL CAPS AND THAT'S WHAT I DO! RAAAAGEEEEE

Gusto

Gusto

Latin temper.

Calleja

Calleja

I was gonna neg rep you with something like "Hey! That's Chippy's bit you stole!" but I also wanted to POS rep you cause it came from nowhere and was hilarious. But since I can't do both, I'll leave it in a pos rep.. cause Calleja is all love. Under the latin temper that is.

Gusto

Gusto

...Latin passion?

---------- Post added at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

:Leyla:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Den: Congrats, dude! I'm tempted to get one just to see if it's worth it

Meh to Calleja's rage. But I'm sorry if it seemed like I was invalidating his argument - just a mild troll, because I know he gets worked up over the Beatles. Nothing personal.

Insofar as epic win... hopefully after last week, a convicted cop killer will FINALLY get what he was sentenced to.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

We have a unit down here called "H.E.A.T." - Highway Enforcement of Aggressive Traffic. One of the guys in my precinct was trying to get on with them, and is our resident traffic nazi. He also happens to be of Mexican birth. So we were going to get him a joke license plate, inscribed "C.A.L.I.E.N.T.E."

Get it? Get it?

.... Aw man...

Calleja

Calleja

Actually, Caliente would be "HOT", you'd get it cheaper and more accurate if you went with "C.A.L.O.R."

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Aha! Thanks! Now... what acronym would WORK with that?

Calleja

Calleja

I didn't post this when it was happening because I knew someone would purposefully ruin it, but, while it lasted, an awesome EPIC WIN:

LittleSin

LittleSin

I didn't post this when it was happening because I knew someone would purposefully ruin it, but, while it lasted, an awesome EPIC WIN:

I noticed that and I didn't mention it for the same reason you didn't! :D

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Crikey.

*looks aside*

Waitaminnit! Can someone grab that for me, please? I admit, I'm totally hamhanded when it comes to screencaptures.

LittleSin

LittleSin

For you my fine Finnish friend!

phil

phil

Good party last night and still hanging with my friends! We're going to where a puppy is. Huzzah!

Baerdog

Baerdog

I heard that whenever Denbrought sees a puppy he just gets the urge to dance and dance and dance.

Krisken

Krisken

So after spending the entire weekend with my wife at the Strawberry Festival, constantly taking down and putting up the tend over and over again due to the bad weather, suffering through rain and darkness at noon, only to follow it up later in the day with the muggiest heat I've known in a while, my wife bought me a mug.

An awesome mug.

Completely epic. The area below the bottom line there is solid with holes poked from the bottom so it can be put in the freezer over night and acts as a natural ice cube, great for keeping my beer cold. I earned a lot of husband points this weekend, and my wife repaid me in spades :)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Meh to Calleja's rage. But I'm sorry if it seemed like I was invalidating his argument - just a mild troll, because I know he gets worked up over the Beatles. Nothing personal.

Insofar as epic win... hopefully after last week, a convicted cop killer will FINALLY get what he was sentenced to.
Further information both requested and required!

Calleja

Calleja

Alright, someone just neg repped me to help get back to 42... while I appreciate the intent, we've found by now it's an exercise in futility to try and keep it at 42, and it just ends up filling my rep notifications with"more towards 42!" and "fuck your 42!" ad infinitum... so from now on please refrain from 42-aimed reps... I got my screencap, it's good enough. Thanks anyways, again.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Further information both requested and required![/QUOTE]

Google Mark Macphail Sr and/or Troy A. Davis.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Haiku contest. Since giving up DLOG, these Halforums writing contests really keep me going.

Biardo

just got back from finding out I passed for all my exams, jipee!

now just the thesis and I'm a Historian

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, I'm looking at a contract.

Evidently the BBC wants to use one of our tunes in one of their upcoming programs (or should I say 'programmes'? hee!)!

:cool:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh my God, that's so exciting! :D Good for y'all. Let us know which "programme" it is.

And speaking of programs, keep an eye on Memphis Beat, guys. My brother's the bass player in either episode 3 or 4. :D

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'll let y'all know once everything is in place and set in stone ;)

I've never heard of the program, and a google search turns up nothing, so it's probably a one-shot show, and not a series or anything.

Null

Null

Albion Armitage's Astounding Arsenal from 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming.

I'm proud of this, because I came up with the idea for the project, pitched it to the editors, got approved, convinced the editors to use our own Will "Mangler" Rodriguez as the main artist, and wrote it - items, encounters, NPCs, the lot of it. This is our first piece that was my idea. It's an adventure module for the Pathfinder RPG with quite a bit of special equipment, and is 53 pages long, not including the cover.

Here's the press release:

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming has released its first adventure module, Albion Armitage's Astounding Arsenal, an adventure for 4 to 6 8th to 10th level characters. The adventure was written by Sean O'Connor and illustrated by Will Rodriguez. Will also did the overland map and the four battle maps as well.

AAAA is available via print-on-demand from our Lulu.com storefront for $10.95. It is also available in PDF from DriveThruRPG and Your Games Now for $4.99.

From the back cover:

A dying man uses his last ounce of strength to hand you a map. A magical map, showing the way to Albion Armitage's Astounding Arsenal - a mysterious and oft-disbelieved weapons arsenal that not only changes locations, but even moves from one plane of existence to another. Some say it even moves from one reality to another...

Only those with a map can reach the arsenal, and it's up to you to succeed where the first courier failed. But there are those who are willing to do anything to get that map - can you avoid the villains who would stop you at any cost?

Albion Armitage's Astounding Arsenal is an action-packed fantasy adventure designed to challenge a party of four to six 8th - 10th level characters. Information on scaling the adventure for higher or lower level parties is included.

Also included are battle maps, NPC stats, two new creatures, and a wide assortment of new magical and mundane weapons and armor.

"The Arsenal is real, my young friends. But even the best equipment doesn't make you immortal. Remember that..."

Calleja

Calleja

Now that it's gone:

:biggrin:

Espy

Espy

Null that is awesome!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hooray for Null!

Hylian

Hylian

congrats Null :thumbsup:

Cajungal

Cajungal

*dances in*

HellooOOOOOO, you beautiful bastards! Here is a kiss! MmmmmmmmmmmmmWAH! Everybody havin a nice one?! Yes?! GREAT!

*dances out*

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

^Someone got laid!

Wasabi Poptart

Congratulations Null!

Denbrought

Denbrought

An old family friend is in the process of opening a high school for gifted students in bcn, and he needed a website made, so he contacted me. We met this morning to talk about it and decide specs and costs/salary. Me being only a cs student, and him being the main reason I'm studying in the US at all, I said anywhere up to 200€ would more than suffice. He counter-offered 1000€.

I'm dancin'.

General Specific

General Specific

*dances in*

HellooOOOOOO, you beautiful bastards! Here is a kiss! MmmmmmmmmmmmmWAH! Everybody havin a nice one?! Yes?! GREAT!

*dances out*
^Someone got laid!
Congratulations Null!
:wtf:

Philosopher B.

Lol.

Rob King

Rob King

Panfried fish for supper? Very yes.

Zarvox

Wait, Null, that was you? I saw that thing in my DriveThroughRPG flyer this week, and thought it looked really cool. Any way I could pick up a copy at GenCon?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Monday, July 12th 2010 at 1825 hours, a 7 pound 10 ounce angel measuring 20.5 inches joined this world.

Rhiannon Mikayla Stephenson, my daughter is so adorable. Once I get the pictures onto my home computer, I'll share them on the photo thread.

But for now, I figured joining the ranks of fatherhood qualifies as some pretty epic win.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

yay!

Calleja

Calleja

YESS!! AWESOME!!

Nice dude, I feel all happy and shit, seriously. I take it both baby and mom are great?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

HUZZAH!!! :falldown:

Wasabi Poptart

Congratulations, OC! Can't wait to see pictures. :wub:

Morphine

Morphine

OMG
OC congratulations!!! You'll be a great dad, I couldn't be more sure of that :)
Can't wait to see the pics!

Hylian

Hylian

congrats :thumbsup:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Monday, July 12th 2010 at 1825 hours, a 7 pound 10 ounce angel measuring 20.5 inches joined this world.

Rhiannon Mikayla Stephenson, my daughter is so adorable. Once I get the pictures onto my home computer, I'll share them on the photo thread.

But for now, I figured joining the ranks of fatherhood qualifies as some pretty epic win.
Congratulations, OC! Let's see those pictures so we can all "AAAAAAWWW" in unison!

As a side note, I'm pretty sure Rhiannon is the name I gave to a fairy in a short story I wrote... that's weird, as I thought I had made that name up? Maybe It wasn't like that, I should check it out.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Congratulations, OC! Let's see those pictures so we can all "AAAAAAWWW" in unison!

As a side note, I'm pretty sure Rhiannon is the name I gave to a fairy in a short story I wrote... that's weird, as I thought I had made that name up? Maybe It wasn't like that, I should check it out.[/QUOTE]

Rhiannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a very old name in Welsh mythology. It's also the title of a 1976 Fleetwood Mac song ;)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

As a side note, I'm pretty sure Rhiannon is the name I gave to a fairy in a short story I wrote... that's weird, as I thought I had made that name up? Maybe It wasn't like that, I should check it out.[/QUOTE]

Rhiannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's a very old name in Welsh mythology. It's also the title of a 1976 Fleetwood Mac song ;)[/QUOTE]

Of course! My character was Rhiannon, the gray haired, Lady of the Sheannon (queen of the fairies, basically)... I think I looked for words in several languages and tried to mix it up. Apparently, I didn't do a great job... :p

Edit: I looked it up and I was wrong: The Fairy Lady was called Tannhyannon, and her daughters were Alledon, the dark haired, Nhadir, the red haired, and Assihing, the fair haired. But I'm pretty sure I've used that name in some story, maybe recicling one of the possible fairy names I had for this one.

Whatever. The name is still very nice!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Congrats to the mother and you, OC :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congrats, OC. :) I'm sure you're gonna do great.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Gratz OC!

Rob King

Rob King

I'll include my congrats amongst the rest! Can't wait to see the new Halforums spawnling!

Calleja

Calleja

Every time you guys call him "OC" I get this in my head:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Congrats O.C.!

Have a cigar.

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I got carded for ammunition last night. Feels good to be 41 and get carded for something you can get at 21.

Rob King

Rob King

I may have just committed myself to teaching English in Nepal for 4 months.

I love my home, but it's time to get out of here. Nepal is about as far away as it comes. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it, because it's a volunteer program and I have to pay to get there (among other costs), but I've got a little bit of savings and a few family and friends who have offered to contribute to the fund-raising effort.

Besides, it was about time to do something rash and adventurous. Nobody ever lived an epic life by playing it safe.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I love my home, but it's time to get out of here. Nepal is about as far away as it comes. I have no idea how I'm going to afford it, because it's a volunteer program and I have to pay to get there (among other costs), but I've got a little bit of savings and a few family and friends who have offered to contribute to the fund-raising effort.

Besides, it was about time to do something rash and adventurous. Nobody ever lived an epic life by playing it safe.
:thumbsup: Silver Jelly likes this

Cajungal

Cajungal

IBesides, it was about time to do something rash and adventurous. Nobody ever lived an epic life by playing it safe.
Forsooth. Sounds like an amazing experience, and I hope you get to. :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

This is really awesome, if you can manage it. I had an offer once to teach english in Japan for a modest wage, but I didn't take it because I was already settled down with kids. You really should to do these kinds while you still have the chance! :)

tegid

tegid

Wow! Awesome! Do it.

@OC, definitely some epic win there! Congrats :)

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Now, to my own win. I don't know if it warrants posting here, but it certainly feels too epic to me to post in the minor victory thread.

Last friday, my professor forwarded a mail to me which said... that our oral contribution (i.e. poster) to a scientific meeting has been accepted!! Wow!

Now, to prepare its contents! :p

Rob King

Rob King

Another huge win for my family.

My aunt has lived with Multiple Sclerosis for 12 years, having in recent years ended up completely confined to a wheelchair, unable to do most things for herself. But recently, doctors in Poland discovered a treatment that has helped MS sufferers regain mobility in their legs. The MS community has been calling it the "Liberation" treatment.

My aunt and uncle have been keeping tabs on this, have sent some emails, and my aunt has just been chosen as one of twelve MS sufferers from Canada to participate in a medical trial of the procedure in Costa Rica.

It'll cost them $16 000 to do it, but the entire family is ecstatic about this. It has the potential to give my aunt and uncle a little bit of their lives back. She flies down on August 25th. I'll probably share an update or two when they go down, and when the treatment happens.

It's a huge win for the family today.

Gusto

Gusto

One of TWELVE!?

That's huge!

Congrats Rob, and I hope everything works out for your aunt's treatment. :)

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Wow, that's great Rob!

Rob King

Rob King

One of TWELVE!?

That's huge!
It is pretty damn awesome. And if I understand it correctly, she's the only one of the twelve that's going who's confined to a wheel chair. They were afraid that because she's already gotten to that point she wouldn't be considered, but I guess not.

makare

Ok so FINALLY I got my new bed for real. WOOOOOO.
Now I dont have to worry about getting poked by my bed while I sleep.

We bought a mattress and bed spring from these people across town. Usually when stuff gets moved my sister and her ex girlfriend stacy move it. But we couldnt get a hold of stacy so it was me and my sister. The guy we bought the mattress from helped us load it onto the flat bed so that went well.

When we got home and had to move my old bed out and the new one in by ourselves.. not so good. We have NO upper body strength whatsoever. So it was mostly us rolling a mattress around and swearing at each other. So cries of "fuck you fucking fuck pick up your fucking side goddamn!" rang through out the neighborhood. And my sister had that song, the just to be the next to be with you song. but the only line she knows is the "hold on little girl part" so every five seconds she would say "hold on little girl" which drove me craaazy! >.< So Id bitch at her and she'd change the arrangement or make it "hold on.. miiiicheeeellllee" which really was annoying.

Afterward I bribed her into moving the extra metal frame by herself. She said, "so you can just sit on your ass, you beyotch" and I said "I can deal with being a beyotch if i get to sit on my ass" . She moved it.

Party on my new bed! BYOB!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Now you just need someone to help you break it in.

:hump:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

The diagnosis. | Amorous Eyes

Thanks to everyone who already commented on this over on Facebook & Twitter. :D

Also epic (well, in my book anyway) is that my kid loves me. :)
Very awesome!

Cajungal

Cajungal

WOOHOOOOO!

Enresshou

Enresshou

Congratulations, Ame; I'm so damn happy for you. Let us know how the next few appointments go; I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you :)

Espy

Espy

So update on the band situation, this time in the win thread rather than rant thread :)

My buddy JUMPED at the chance to drum for us, his other band is on hiatus right now so he's got free time. I'm really excited to play with him. We set our gear up last night and stored our old drummers stuff for when his parents think he can handle seeing it come home, apparently he's still not doing well. However, tragic as it is, this has really brought the three of us together as friends and made us a lot stronger as a band.

Can't stop the rock.

Morphine

Morphine

Congratulations, Ame!!! =D

Philosopher B.

That's awesome! Congrats, Ame!

Wasabi Poptart

Congrats Ame! :whoo:

And ROCK ON Espy! :rockon:

tegid

tegid

Wow! That's seriously awesome AmE :) I'm happy for you.

makare

my sister will be gone a week visiting her girlfriend. my general daily frustration level just decreased by 3/4

Bubble181

Bubble181

Bit late but still: congratulations OC!
Also congrats AmE and you go for it, Rob!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I'm happy for you Ame :D.

And for Espy's thunderous rocks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The fella built me a badass computer! But the hard drive I bought came in defective, so we had to get a new one. But now it works, and it's fantastic! This is my first post on my fancy new rig. ^_^ Hooray for the fella! :heart:

I finally get to play my Elder Scrolls games and see them the way they were meant to be seen... NOT with all the graphics turned way down!! He even bought me brand new speakers. What a guy.

Wasabi Poptart

Yay CG! New computers are always nice. I can't wait to build our next one. .

Cajungal

Cajungal

Never been able to see one built before, either. It was cool... and much cheaper!

Espy

Espy

Thats great CG! Love the smell of a new compy ramping up in the morning! ;)

Sorry I missed your post Ame, thanks for posting your blog, thats really great news!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

So a long long time ago in grade seven, I played alto saxophone. My teacher switched me to the trumpet in grade eight and I couldn't do it, so I never took music in high school. Around grade 10 I got into ska music, and realized if I had not switched to trumpet, I'd probably have stuck with it, cause I loved playing the sax. So for eight years I have been looking for a cheap saxophone. Alto or Tenor, I didn't even care, but the cheapest I could ever find was still around $500.

In China I found a music store where I could get a brand new alto sax for $300 CDN, and a friend bought one, as if it weren't tempting enough for me already. On my last day in China (Which was either yesterday or the day before, depending on how you look at the time difference), when I went to take some money out, the Chinese ATM would not take my card.

"You know what that means." My other friend told me "It wasn't meant to be. You have to take it as a sign. Life will GIVE you a saxophone."

Today I was riding with my friends to the grocery store, and the driver mentioned something about his saxophone. I didn't even know he played. I told him how cool that was and how I wanted one, and he said "you can have mine".

True story. He originally said $50, but now the deal is for my old PS2 and some games. Seems like a good-ass deal to me.

Now I just have to learn how to play an instrument I haven't touched in 12 years.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's not just a good-ass deal. That's a fantastic-ass deal! It's a pretty good instrument? Feels good to you? I hope you have loads of fun with it! :) Post vids!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Oh, also its a tenor not an alto. I've got to get some reeds for it but as soon as I do I'm going to start practicing. I'm so xcited!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Sounds like a smokin' deal man. I'm glad you ended up going with tenor sax, now you can look down on the lowly alto players.

tegid

tegid

Holy shit! I've been given the best scholarship my governmend gives for Ph.D. students!! God I can't believe it, I'm going to be doing research for the next 4 years and I'll get paid for it! With the best conditions in the country!!!*

*Best conditions for public scholarships, which really doesn't amount to much. But who cares?!!??! I'm a scientist baby :cool: (well, on my way)

Edit: I'm really, really happy for this because I thought it was impossible that they'd give it to me, there were 44 scholarships for all the physicists in Spain and I'm not supposed to be that good, but apparently I'm awesome! :D

Gawd, I'm extatic

Wasabi Poptart

Congrats Tegid!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Grats Tegid! Though this means that the next time you post a picture of yourself here you had better be wearing a lab coat.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well done! :)

tegid

tegid

Noooo D: I'm a theorist, I wear no lab coats!!

I'll dress appropiately though! :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Well that doesn't mean you can't wear a lab coat just for funsies does it?

Gusto

Gusto

So as I mentioned in another thread, my brother has found a house and his offer has been accepted. Pending an inspection tomorrow, he'll make the down payment and be able to move in in mid-October.

Which is epic in and of itself.

But this afternoon, our parents called a family meeting. Back in 1996, my dad and a bunch of his friends from work entered some kind of Heart and Stroke charity lottery, and they won a condo in Toronto which they sold. Secretly, my parents set some money aside in investments for me and my brother, which they revealed to us today, since my brother is getting his house.

So long story short, my parents basically just handed me a check for $2800 and change. :D

Woo!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Time to go spend it on hookers and blow!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hot damn!

Gusto

Gusto

I've already talked to my consultant. I'm gonna put it all into savings and forget about it so I can get a car when I graduate without much hassle. :) HOORAY!

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's great! What kind of car ya thinkin?

Gusto

Gusto

Who knows man, I don't know the first thing about cars.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well apparently there's a steering wheel, a compartment especially for gloves, four (COUNT EM!) FOUR wheels, and even a little radio so that you can jam along to today's hottest hits whilst you drive! :awesome:

Also there are noisy things under the hood.

Philosopher B.

Also there are noisy things under the hood.
Don't worry about that, those are just the hood-gremlins. They take care of themselves with foraging and shit.

Gusto

Gusto

Where do the wendigos go?

Philosopher B.

In the trunk, if they don't behave!

Gusto

Gusto

I always keep one in the trunk, next to the toolbox and spare tire.

Never know when you'll need a wendigo.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Don't joke about wendigos.

Gusto

Gusto

Who's joking?

Philosopher B.

Two wendigos walk into a bar. The third one ducks.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Congrats tegid and checkered hat =D

Also, I've known cars with three wheels :humph:

tegid

tegid

Gusto, that is sweet!!! Very awesome :)

Also, thanks everyone for the congrats ^^

Baerdog

Baerdog

Finally after a month of teasing, the monsoon delivers some serious precipitation. Rain in the desert, baby!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Six Flags Over Texas tomorrow, last fling of the summer since the daughter starts high school band practice on Monday. Also, went roller skating last night and didn't hurt myself. It had been over 20 years since I last put on a pair of roller skates, had to fight the urge to skate like I was on ice, that could have hurt me badly.

fade

fade

I just sold a 15 year license for software I wrote as part of my Ph.D. to a Norwegian company. Not sure if I posted that here before (we've been discussing for a while).

Cajungal

Cajungal

:thumbsup: Nice!

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats fade :thumbsup:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I spent all day yesterday going through memorabilia with mom and my sister and brother. We laughed for hours. My favorite thing that we found was an old notebook that my brother carried around as a kid. He had all these little notes in it commenting on his friends and his day. At the very end was the title of a movie-- Alien Resurrection; I guess he had gone to see it with friends, because mom wouldn't have allowed that.

Anyway, the page had a list of expectations and a box by each: Action, Humor, Violence, Blood and Gore, Suspense, Surprises, Guns, and Cussing. All of the boxes were checked. :laugh: Trey was so methodical and matter-of-fact about everything, even as a kid.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Phew... it's been a little while since I've last been here, things have been piling up...

But here's a bit of a win: I landed a small, silent part in the new Vares film :) It doesn't sound much, but here in Finland Vares films - detective stories about a sombre, Turku-dwelling gumshoes - are quite popular. An acquaintance of mine from the Medieval Market is the film's second junior assistant director (ie. the guy who brings the junior assistant director his coffee :D), but he was asked to look for extras and small-parters. I got a small part as an orderly at a mental asylum. Three days of shooting and I get some colour in my resume, my name in the end titles and $590 :)

My girlfriend's more excited, though... she's an extra, but she also gets to meet one of her idols, a Finnish actor called Peter Franzen, a pretty-boy-cum-silent-and-serious-Thespian. I'm keepin' an eye on her ;)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, how cool! :D That's going to be so much fun for y'all.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I got some very cool new comfy shoes, and I preordered the 6" Kindle3. I'm giddy and my feet are finally happy again ^.^

Gusto

Gusto

Octopus Pie is back to a 3x/week schedule, rather than quasi-monthly chapter updates! WOO!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Octopus Pie is back to a 3x/week schedule, rather than quasi-monthly chapter updates! WOO!
EEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Baerdog

Baerdog

I think our Denbrought sprung a leak.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I just sold one of my band's CDs to a a chap in Moscow.

I love how the internet makes anyone in the world a neighbor ;)

Enresshou

Enresshou

My grandfather was first diagnosed when Alzheimer's disease when I was three years old, and died nine years later when I was twelve. It's why one of my biggest fears is slowly forgetting everything and everybody; and I just remember these images of my grandfather--six feet tall and nearly a hundred and ninety pounds--slowly shrivelling and getting weaker as the disease progressed.

I find it perfectly appropriate, then, that--in two weeks--I'm going to start working in a lab with a fairly prominent researcher on several different therapeutic approaches aimed to treat Alzheimer's. I've been burying myself in the literature, and I can't wait to start.

Dave

Dave

I was wondering for a second how this was gonna fit in the Epic Win area. Congrats, man!

I hope you find a cure. That's how my grandmother died and how my mother probably will.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

My grandfather was first diagnosed when Alzheimer's disease when I was three years old, and died nine years later when I was twelve. It's why one of my biggest fears is slowly forgetting everything and everybody; and I just remember these images of my grandfather--six feet tall and nearly a hundred and ninety pounds--slowly shrivelling and getting weaker as the disease progressed.

I find it perfectly appropriate, then, that--in two weeks--I'm going to start working in a lab with a fairly prominent researcher on several different therapeutic approaches aimed to treat Alzheimer's. I've been burying myself in the literature, and I can't wait to start.
That's also how my grandfather died as well... good luck with your research.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Enresshou good luck. Grats on getting a good research job.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's beautiful, En. I'm so glad that you can devote your time to something so close to your heart. :)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

That IS epic! Congratulations!

Philosopher B.

That's beautiful, En. I'm so glad that you can devote your time to something so close to your heart. :)
^ What she said!

- Philly-B., who also lost a grandparent to Alzheimer's.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

fade

fade

This is really awesome, though most of you probably won't care (understandably). Some of you may recall that since April, I've been proposing methods for mapping the oil spill. Particularly (a) difficult to detect/submerged oil, and (b) the oil thickness. Neither of which current mapping methods do. Anyway, the companies that lease the type of survey I want to do...they haven't been as enthused as I have. In fact, I've been debating for some time with at least one company's in-house geophysicist about whether this will work or not. Basically, they say no, and don't want to invest unless I prove otherwise (though the only investment is time--it will be financially supported by the feds). Anyway, long story short, I used some modeling software I wrote to virtually determine whether it would work. Here's a slice of the results. Suffice it to say that the fact the curves are quite different for different thicknesses is a really good thing (and what they said couldn't be done).

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is great they caught the bastard. I am mildly pleased that it was not her own son that did it.

Making a clean arrest of a killer or pedophile has to be the hardest part of your job.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Had four beautiful young women in my bed yesterday.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Elaborate PLEASE.

Baerdog

Baerdog

This week has been awesome so far and the weekend is only going to be better. I've been in such a good mood. Firstly, I got a new, temporary minion at work. He's the bosses cousin and will be here for a couple weeks and at first I was not very excited about having him around. When he got here, he turned out to be very pleasant and competent. He's helped me make good progress on a lot of loose-end projects I've had going on around here. Yesterday me, him, and my bosses went over to take a look at the building we will be moving to at the end of the month and it is beautiful. My office will be getting larger, the cafe area is amazing (HUGE, with tables, booths, a pool table, an actual cooking area, and outdoor patio with grill), and there's even a small fitness area. Working in that building is going to be quite cushy.

So aside from things going really well at work this week, tomorrow I leave for LA with my friend Devin to visit my best friend Ryan for the weekend. Tomorrow night we'll all be getting dinner with my other best friend Hannah before she leaves LA to come back to Phoenix. Friday we plan to hike through Griffith Park to the Hollywood sign and we'll also probably make a stop at the observatory (my favorite spot in LA). Saturday looks like it'll be spent at the beach in Malibu with dinner at the Sunset restaurant right on the ocean. Also, nightlife all three days. We found a couple neat bars the last time I was out and Ryan tells me he's found a few more since then. It's going to be so much fun.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Elaborate PLEASE.[/QUOTE]

Girlfriend and some mutual friends came over... and for some reasons they thought my wide bed was more comfortable to sit and talk than my couch :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

My mentor teacher for this final semester is fantastic. She's a little scatterbrained, loves coffee, and does not respect a schedule... just like me. :p

What I mean by that last thing is that, if the kids in her class get really interested in a lesson, she lets them learn more about it if they want. She's ok with putting another lesson aside for a day if it means feeding enthusiasm. I haven't had a teacher like that before, and if I ever did something like that during one of my prepared lessons, I was criticized. She seems organized enough that everything will get done... just maybe not on the day she planned. We get along so well. I can't wait for the first day of school tomorrow!

Espy

Espy

Our new drummer is just tearing our set up. We are working our way through the set list, song by song, and last night we ripped up The Devil in You and then he said, instead of calling it a night after 3 hours of practice that he wanted to go on to The World Glow since he and his wife have been listening to it constantly and love it. That felt really good but it felt even better when he just played the song straight through. Dude already had it down. What a win.

LordRavage

Business meeting went better then expected today. Finished up a great deal of my work and I HAVE FRIDAY OFF!

Movie theater, sushi and drinks will be my Friday. :D

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Our new drummer is just tearing our set up. We are working our way through the set list, song by song, and last night we ripped up The Devil in You and then he said, instead of calling it a night after 3 hours of practice that he wanted to go on to The World Glow since he and his wife have been listening to it constantly and love it. That felt really good but it felt even better when he just played the song straight through. Dude already had it down. What a win.
I love a good drummer. I'm always amazed.

As much fun as I am having with my new tenor sax, I can't wait to get my hands on some drumsticks and see if I can handle a drumset at all.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

lost another 2 lbs this week...that's down 22 lbs since June. Not too bad, considering there was a big trip to Ireland in there (which I lost a pound on! I coulda swore I was gonna come back having put back on 5 lbs)

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

considering there was a big trip to Ireland in there (which I lost a pound on! I coulda swore I was gonna come back having put back on 5 lbs)
:eyebrows:

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I high-fived Edgar Wright last night and was so inspired by Scott Pilgrim that I got the # of the cute, smart, cynical girl sitting next to me in the Star Wars shirt while we were walking out.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The very cute Chinese girl I met in Beijing emailed me yesterday and told me that when she comes here next month for school, her ex-boyfriend is not coming until November. So I don't have to show both of them around, just her. Which is in absolutely no way a problem. :D

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I high-fived Edgar Wright last night and was so inspired by Scott Pilgrim that I got the # of the cute, smart, cynical girl sitting next to me in the Star Wars shirt while we were walking out.

If the movie is half as epic as this story, I will not be disappointed. Awesome.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

FOLLOW-UP: she totally found me on OkCupid this morning! I think she likes me :D

Gusto

Gusto

Woo! Now all you have to do is defeat et cetera.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I just shined my shoes! Shined the hell out of them! They'll last me another twenty years by the way they look today!

Cobblering HOOOOOOO!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

stopped by the meat market today to fill up my freezer. The last time I was there, they asked about my ever-present tinwhistle, and I played them a tune.
Bought $200 worth of meat, and decided to pick up a Dave's Insanity Sauce gift box ($28.00) for a friend for his birthday. The owner said that he'd give me the sauce if I played them a tune :) In the end, he gave us the sauce, a soda and an extra pork roast. It was nice. I felt like he was over paying a bit for just the one tune, so I ran out to the car and brought him back one of our band cd's

Wasabi Poptart

Religion paper. Done. No classes until after the new year. :D

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Yay! What was the topic?

makare

Yay! What was the topic?[/QUOTE]

all religion

all the time.

Wasabi Poptart

It was generally about Judaism, including a comparison with Christian practices. Did an interview with ZenMonkey for it, too. :D

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Just spoke to a buddy of mine whom I haven't seen since graduating high school in France. He's living in California right now, but said that he's been feeling a vacation coming on, as is talking about road-tripping here. We're talking about contacting a third buddy, an Italian who's doing some kind of very lucrative consulting work, having him fly over, and tearing up Savannah's River Street. This has potential to be the most epic night out since the last one, 10 years ago.

fade

fade

When I left home this morning, i knew my motorcycle was on fumes. When I got to the main street, it started to sputter, so I revved it up to like 60 and shifted into neutral. I coasted into the nearest gas station. When I reached for the key, it sputtered out on its own. That's epic timing, baby.

Adam

Adammon

VEGAS BABY!

2.5 weeks away. Have a full week staying at a Penthouse Suite in the Bellagio. Just me and the wife and copious amounts of alcohol, sex and fun (Maybe some of that together!)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Oh, NIIIIICE! Be sure and do some combination of the three whilst enjoying the fountain show from your lofty heights.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

copious amounts of alcohol, sex and fun (Maybe some of that together!)

-I'll have what he's having.

Adam

Adammon

OH. And my wife has suggested going to a straight strip joint for our anniversary.

OMGWTFBBQ.

Null

Null

Ladies going to see male dancers is totally straight, I'm just saying.

But yeah, that's cool, I hope you two have a great time. Just don't steal Mike Tyson's tiger. He hates that.

Adam

Adammon

You son of a bitch!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

BOOSH!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

since my original thread is closed...

evilmike

evilmike

Passed 4000.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The live Rifftrax show was faaaaaaantastically funny, and I'm going again in October to see The House on Haunted Hill.

Dave

Dave

Tonight at the Avenged Sevenfold concert, I, David Nihsen, entered my first mosh pit. I may upload a picture of what a 44 year old guy missing a tooth looks like. It fucking rocked but man am I going to hurt in the morning.

And by the way, I moshed with the young pups and kicked some ass. It wasn't until the last note of the last song when I was already leaving the circle when a guy tripped and his head hit my mouth. The tooth is actually still there, just bent WAY back in my mouth and my lip is cut up. But God DAMN was it fun!

Dave

Dave

It's very hard to eat right now and I'm physically unable to chew my fingernails. Some time this week I'll have to go to a dentist. But it was still worth it, even though I'm in Dutch with the wife.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

He's on the couch. Not sure if that one crosses cultures.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

If one is in Dutch with someone, one is in trouble. Not to be confused with "going Dutch treat," which means to split the bill for a date.

Gusto

Gusto

Or "being in a Dutch oven" with someone.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

:Leyla:

Also, Epic Win, Dave-sama! *grins*

Dave

Dave

If one is in Dutch with someone, one is in trouble. Not to be confused with "going Dutch treat," which means to split the bill for a date.
I never knew about so many meanings of the word "Dutch" before the internet.
Still, how did "in Dutch" became to mean "in trouble" I wonder?[/QUOTE]

Probably from "Dutch Uncle" to mean a stern rebuke.

Dutch uncle: Definition from Answers.com

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I never knew about so many meanings of the word "Dutch" before the internet.
Still, how did "in Dutch" became to mean "in trouble" I wonder?[/QUOTE]

Probably from "Dutch Uncle" to mean a stern rebuke.

Dutch uncle: Definition from Answers.com[/QUOTE]

Also to not be confused with a Dutch Wife

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Afternoon of Enlightenment.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Those crazy Nederlanders. *grins*

Gusto

Gusto

Two of my friends just got engaged. :heart:

Epic win for ME because this will be the first wedding I attend that I'll give a shit about.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

"in Dutch" ? I tried urbing that and failed... Does that mean in debt, in love, or in a bad fight?
I've never heard it before either.
Crazy Americans.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

"in Dutch" ? I tried urbing that and failed... Does that mean in debt, in love, or in a bad fight?
Crazy Americans.[/QUOTE]

You need to start watching more black and white Hollywood movies.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Crazy Americans.[/QUOTE]
You need to start watching more black and white Hollywood movies.[/QUOTE]
Ah, so its not an American thing, its an old person thing. Gotchya. :p
The only black and white movies I ever seem to enjoy are European ones, now that you mention it.

Dave

Dave

Right at :30 then the person who uploaded it put in music not from the movie. Which sucks.

fade

fade

Yeah, I'm American, and I had never heard it before. I just figured it was a Kansas thing. You non-USAsians don't forget that due to the formative history of this country, there are tons of local subcultures. I mean, every country is like that, I guess.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Got a call from an elementary school nearby. They need a substitute English teacher for two weeks, starting next Tuesday.

WOOT! ^^

Dave

Dave

Congrats! Any chance this will go more long term? I know you wanted something close.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Congrats! Any chance this will go more long term? I know you wanted something close.
Nah, it was clear from the get-go that this is a short-term thing. "Two weeks, more or less" was what I was told. But it will help me in three ways:
1.) Some extra cash
2.) Rack up some experience, which is where I'm lacking.
3.) Become eligible to join OAJ, the teachers' union.

But mostly this'll be about experience.

Wahad

Wahad

YESSSSSSSSS

I finally have passed all my first year courses! I had to retake the test for the course I had to redo because I failed it, but I finally made it! Time to celebrate!

Frank

Frankie Williamson

The incredibly cute Australian waitress at my favorite bar bought me a beer last night. It might not be an epic win, but it made me feel like it was.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

YESSSSSSSSS

I finally have passed all my first year courses! I had to retake the test for the course I had to redo because I failed it, but I finally made it! Time to celebrate!
Conga rats! :)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 PM ----------

The incredibly cute Australian waitress at my favorite bar bought me a beer last night. It might not be an epic win, but it made me feel like it was.
Just keep your ears open in case she asks for some thunder Down Under ;)

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 PM ----------

Two frigging years but I finally got 'm!

:D:D:D
:awesome::awesome::awesome:
:whoo::whoo::whoo:
:dance::dance::dance:​
Whoa, that's a lotta pills... What do they do?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Google search tells me Cyproteronacetaat is an anti-androgen, and progynova is an estrogen replacement drug, so I imagine these are Ame's transition drugs

Element 117

Two frigging years but I finally got 'm!

:D:D:D
:awesome::awesome::awesome:
:whoo::whoo::whoo:
:dance::dance::dance:​
Chemical puberty, right?
Your boobs are going to huuuuuuuurt when you bump stuff.

Null

Null

Chemical Puberty sounds like it should be an indie-rock group name.

Dave

Dave

That is one excellent band name.

Element 117

Chemical puberty, right?
A very accurate description.

Also, curses for your new name breaking the layout! I will have to find a fix for that.[/QUOTE]

FTFY

LordRendar

LordRendar

Got laid. :awesome:

phil

phil

Went to a job fair and got an interview call. Then I went to a gym and worked out a bit! Feeling good!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Through Dream's contacts, I got Microsoft Office 2010 for $10.

fade

fade

That is one excellent band name.
True. Sounds like 80s New Wave.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Way to go, Ame! :D Very happy for you.

I had a very nice day. The kids are starting to respect me as much as they do a regular teacher... at least to my face.

LittleSin

LittleSin

GO AME!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Congrats to Ame! Frank, congrats for Aussie beer-purchasers! NR, congrats for a job helping you get your foot in the door. Much love to y'all! *manly hugs all around*

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Horray for Ame!

tegid

tegid

That's awesome Ame :) Congrats

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

This was the first morning in months where the heat index was below 90. My air conditioner was not running this morning when I awoke... The air temperature was 65 easily 15 degrees cooler than Monday. On the drive into work I ran the car with the windows cracked and the sunroof open... It was such a glorious morning.

Then I get to work and there was a lot of broken sh!t... (so not completely epic)

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Starting Sunday, I'll be spending three days in Orlando and visiting Universal Orlando. Can't wait to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I accidentally got maple syrup on my french fries last night.

I was wickedly delicious!

fade

fade

Barf.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

You're a mog?

Wasabi Poptart

We should be in housing by September 7! (too bad our stuff won't arrive until much later)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Lawn chairs make great early matrimony furniture... good luck.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Jet will not have to see a surgeon again for one year thanks to his freaky mutant healing factor!

Hylian

Hylian

Jet will not have to see a surgeon again for one year thanks to his freaky mutant healing factor!

yaaaay! :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

yaaay Jet!

For my own epic win, I rooted and installed a custom OS on my droid phone.

I got so tired of not being able to delete Bejeweled Demo. heh.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Yay for Cthulhu bebeh!

Disconnected

I accidentally got maple syrup on my french fries last night.

I was wickedly delicious!
why did you eat yourself? i would have gone for the fries.

Wasabi Poptart

YAY Jet!

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Lawn chairs make great early matrimony furniture... good luck.
Early matrimony? I've been married for over 6 years. Compared to most people I know, we've been married forever! lol

Wasabi Poptart

Ok so the people who were in the house decided they aren't moving out. Housing worked with us and we got into a BIGGER house instead. We move in on the 13th...and this person can't back out since he's separating from the Navy entirely! YES! A week after that I should have my car. About 10 days after my car arrives we might even have our household goods. *happy happy joy joy*

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

It's six AM and I've only slept for two hours but I don't care going to Seattle for PAX whooooo

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

All major money woes are officially a thing of the past as of today. I am off work until Tuesday, my birthday is this weekend, and I am going to DragonCon. I plan to get shitfaced, meet up with my friends, and basically enjoy not stressing like mad for awhile. I feel really good for the first time in a long time.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Woooo! Won 2, 500.00 in lottery monies!

I CAN PAY OFF MY BILLS!

Adam

Adammon

2 more days to Vegas! 2 MORE DAYS!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I CAN PAY OFF MY BILLS!
Awesome!

I won $7.00 on the powerball last night. I can pay off...my bic mac! :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

That kicks ass, Sin! :D

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I am going to meet my WoW guild in OK-City. 3 days of the GL's gourmet cooking, liquor, and LAN Play.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

I CAN PAY OFF MY BILLS!
I'm happy for you.

Wasabi Poptart

I CAN PAY OFF MY BILLS!
Awesome!

LittleSin

LittleSin

More Epic Wins!

The forumite that commissioned the paintings got them and has sent me his payment...plus a large bit extra! Like, over a 100.00 extra because he loved them so much. That's one hell of a tip!

The best part is he wants more done for him. :)

GrueBeard/KItty Sinatra, I know you don't post much anymore but I want the forum to know that you ROCK.

Gusto

Gusto

More Epic Wins!

The forumite that commissioned the paintings got them and has sent me his payment...plus a large bit extra! Like, over a 100.00 extra because he loved them so much. That's one hell of a tip!

The best part is he wants more done for him. :)

GrueBeard/KItty Sinatra, I know you don't post much anymore but I want the forum to know that you ROCK.
Diggidy DAAAAMN!

How do I get on that train!? ;)

Congrats Sin, good week for you!

Baerdog

Baerdog

Well first you have to paint something, Gusto. Then you have to sell it.

Grats Sin, that's a nice chunk of coin.

Gusto

Gusto

I have a couple unsold paintings sitting around, and two more in production, but thanks for the [STRIKE]condescension[/STRIKE] tip. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

I'm a helper, it's what I do.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

BOOSH!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My nephew's CT scan today shows that his cancer has shrunk in half.

Disconnected

My nephew's CT scan today shows that his cancer has shrunk in half.
Fucking A

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Epic win for sure, Checks. Here's to that other half being gone soon! :falldown:

Dave

Dave

I love the fact that there's epic wins lately. For a while there was way too much ranting and trouble.

phil

phil

Good cigar

Good beer

Good jams

Good weather

Chilling outside in a lounge chair.

Terrik

Terrik

I had my first Cuban cigar (FROM CUBA) yesterday. I smoked it really fast.

I threw up.

It was great.

Rob King

Rob King

I threw up.

It was great.
First thing I ever smoked was a big old Montecristo No. 4. I had smoked it away from the house I was living in (non-smoking agreement with other tenants, so ... ) and stopped before getting the whole thing done (still smoked it for about 20 minutes) I didn't feel sick or need to throw up, but I had such a headache afterward that I waited a bit before driving home.

Gusto

Gusto

IT IS 3 AM

Dave

Dave

IT IS 3 AM
The fear is gone? I know. It's supposed to be "It's 2 AM." but it just sounded right.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I threw up.

It was great.
First thing I ever smoked was a big old Montecristo No. 4. I had smoked it away from the house I was living in (non-smoking agreement with other tenants, so ... ) and stopped before getting the whole thing done (still smoked it for about 20 minutes) I didn't feel sick or need to throw up, but I had such a headache afterward that I waited a bit before driving home.[/QUOTE]

I must have smoked around 5 cigars in my life, and I've always loved it!
I actually had one last friday. Pretty awesome.

Rob King

Rob King

Fun cigar story. Or ... cigarillos? Whatever.

Anyhow, I decided that I wanted to buy a few cigarillos to have on hand, because ... just because. So part 1 of the story is that I finally found a place that had little mini montecristos (which I enjoy very very much), and when I went to buy a few, she gave me a pack of twenty, which was a lot more than I had intended to get, and about 4 times what I had intended to spend, but I was so self-conscious that I bough the whole thing. Part 2 of the story is that over the course of three weeks I smoked two from that pack (which is seriously the shortest interval between smokes in my life ... I don't want it to be a daily (or even a weekly) thing for me.) Then I went to smoke one about a month later and realized that at some point during the previous month, the pack had fallen out of my jacket, and I was very sad.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Daughter "Look Daddy a bug!"

Me "Yep, that's a caterpillar!"

Daughter "Let's put it in a jar!"

Me "Sure."

=bug placed in jar=

Daughter "Cool"

Me "Now go show Mommy."

Daughter "OK"

"AAAAGH! GET THAT OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

Me :D

Espy

Espy

Fun cigar story. Or ... cigarillos? Whatever.
I cannot tell you how many stories Bill Clinton tells that start that exact same way. Especially when he's drinking.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Daughter "Look Daddy a bug!"

Me "Yep, that's a caterpillar!"

Daughter "Let's put it in a jar!"

Me "Sure."

=bug placed in jar=

Daughter "Cool"

Me "Now go show Mommy."

Daughter "OK"

"AAAAGH! GET THAT OUT OF THE HOUSE!"

Me :D
I lol'ed ;) But tell me, did you sleep on the couch that night? :D

Rob King

Rob King

For those who haven't been following my trouble with Nepal fund-raising, my fee was supposed to be paid this past Friday, but a few- fiascoes mean that I still don't have all the money required. I was in a bit of a tizzy earlier last week, and while trying to scrounge up enough money to send off, I also sent an email to GVN asking if I could send payments late, because it didn't look good at the time.

Well, I've raised up a bit more of the necessarry money, (though I'm still short) but I heard back from GVN today. They said that the September deadline is typically given because most people mail a check, and that takes a few weeks in the mail to reach them, and they want to have enough time to do it twice, if something goes wrong. They said that if I can wire the money instead of mail it, I can have until October 1st.

I hope I don't take until October 1st, because I still have to fund the price of a plane ticket, vaccinations, visas, and all that, but the extra leeway made me very, very happy this morning.

LittleSin

LittleSin

So...how much more do you need?

Rob King

Rob King

To send to GVN: Between a paycheck coming up, and some money that forumites have sent me, I'm only short about another 300. (That number might sound higher than I originally stated because of an exchange rate muck-up on my part. I thought costs were expressed in New Zeland dollars, when it turns out that they're in USD).

Remaining costs: around 2500-3000, but I have some fundraising stuff in real life, and contributions from friends and family coming up for that, (plus six more weeks of work before I leave) so I shouldn't need to be whining to Halforums so much about it. My father offered to sort out the flight details: he's going to fly me to Toronto on his points because leaving for Nepal from Toronto will save 6-700 off the cost of flights. Then I still need vaccinations ($??) and visas ($150), and the recommended $25 USD/week for bottled water and lunches (total $400) etc.

I'll be posting about the second phase of fund-raising on my website when I finally get the payment to GVN wired off, if you're interested, Sin.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Dragon*Con/birthday weekend was a blast. Lots of fun and exactly what I've needed. I drank, I laughed, I danced, I stayed up until 5am or later pretty much every day. The only downside is finding myself hopelessly attracted to a friend of mine who I've been talking to a lot lately. She's just gotten out of an engagement (she was dumped) and I feel like a selfish skeeze for even thinking about her like this while she's going through it. Long story short I've liked her for awhile but she's been with the other dude since we met. I didn't let it get me down much, but it's been nagging in my mind all weekend.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

So, I had a pretty good chat with the Aussie waitress tonight, since the bar was nearly empty save for the rookie, his girlfriend and me. I asked her for dinner and she said yes. So, that's a win. The fact that I think she only said yes because we talked about my recently deceased grandma and she got all pity pity on me sort of makes me feel like it's not so much of one. Eh, I'll make the best of it.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The important thing is to move beyond the pity-play, and show her what a bro you are. Don't believe in yourself: believe in the me who believes in you!

Bones

Bones

I never realized that the good officer was a anime fan, less a fan of Gurren Laggann, you just keep pushing your self up higher on my cool-o-meter charon, DAMN YOU COOL DAWG!

kaykordeath

Wifey started her new job today!

Except for a 4 month stint in retail sales, this is her first day back amongst them employed since January '09.

Hooray for livable income!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

My best friend was in town today, first time in three months. He called me up, we went for pizzas and beers, and had a blast.

I love just shooting my mouth off with this guy, simply because we always end up discussing and saying the weirdest things.

*after I had helped him with a problem*
"C'mon, say it."
"Alright, thank you."
"Well, I was hoping you'd say 'You're a genius, please inseminate my female relatives', but that works too."

-----

*discussing the possibility of him joining a Changeling: The Lost campaign I'm running*
"I'd like to be, you know, like in Captain Planet... a heart elemental."

-----

"In Duke Nukem Forever you can only carry two guns."
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..."

-----

"C'mon, they've been making that game for so long they should be giving out free handjobs to anyone who even thinks about buying that game."
"Yeah, well, I hear it's just gonna be another shooter.
"Oh."
*beat*
"So... No handjobs?"
"No handjobs."

-----

*following a discussion how everything can be construed as phallic in postmodern thought*
"Yeah, I'd like to penis but I have a penis I need to penis by penis the next penis..."

Aaaaahhh... good times.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Going to see Rush in two weeks, found out our tickets aren't on the lawn seating (which is where I've always sat, good view, great sound) but down in the reserved seating, closer to all the stage action. Already planning to go see them again next year, but getting tickets on opening day for fan club, gonna get as close as we can!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Just got the news today; the regular English teacher got two more weeks of sick leave.

Which means I'll be substituting for two more weeks! ^^

Dave

Dave

Just got the news today
Oh boy!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Funny, guys ;) But yeah, I'm really happy about this. I'll get some much-needed money, but most importantly I'll get the work experience I desperately need.

Just have to grind a couple of more sixth grades and I'll be a Level 7 English Teacher!

fade

fade

But if you wanted to melee, you should've rolled a Gym Teacher. Your English Teacher build is going to suck at endgame.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

But if you wanted to melee, you should've rolled a Gym Teacher. Your English Teacher build is going to suck at endgame.
Pfh... hardly! English Teachers can multi-class with fewer XP penalties into other builds, like History or Philosophy. They have stat bonuses when the time comes to pick specialties, due to years of experience in deconstructing language and bending it to their whims. *grins*

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Well, I am considering multi-classing into History & Civics. But even if I do decide to go all the way as a single-class character, the points in that talent tree will give me good bonuses when dealing with students and teachers. Currently I'm putting most of my points into Enthusiasm, though. Might have to switch at some point, though, but there's some sweet specials in that right now.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Trust me, when you can re-spec from enthusiasm to experience, $3!+ is SO cash. *chuckles*

Wasabi Poptart

I smell like coconut cake with mango sauce. Man, do I love finding good smelling soaps and stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

The fella got promoted! He works so hard at his job. He deserves this so much. And it has been a loooooong time coming. They were either never hiring for the position he wanted or school was keeping him too busy. But he spoke with his managers this week and they unanimously agreed that he was the right person to be the new assistant manager. He starts clocking in as his new position in about 2-4 weeks. They requested that he retrain the staff that's currently under him, find someone to take his place, and weed out anyone who can't be retrained. I'm so proud. This hasn't always been a great job, and even though his managers liked him, they couldn't always give him what he deserved. He's the type of person who puts all of himself into any job he has, no matter what it is. And I'm just so so so happy that they're finally giving this to him.

He surprised me with the news this weekend. He wanted to call me Wednesday when he found out, but he wanted to actually see my face (and my happy dance). The best part is that he gets to keep his current schedule! He'll probably have to work more than he was before, which is fine by him. But the times of the day aren't going to change, so going to school won't be a problem. I think he gets extra vacation now, too. ^_^ I'm so so happy! He's worked so hard!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Wah-freakin'-hooty for your guy, CG! Awesome news! :falldown:

Cajungal

Cajungal

SO awesome. :D Thanks, Cheesy. I'm posting again because it's Double-Epic! HOORAY FOR JAKE! I called him "Boss" all weekend. He laughed. :p

Adam

Adammon

Applied for two new jobs today at a different company in a different city. Not sure why. Wife has been offered a job in the new city yet we're both comfortable where we are and the jobs we're currently in. Maybe I'm just looking for change after 10 years in the same town and 5 years in the same job?

Communications Specialist: http://www.fortisbc.com/downloads/c.../BCE10-77 Communications Specialist final.pdf
Communications and Media Relations Advisor: http://www.fortisbc.com/downloads/c...unications Media Relations Advisor final.pdf

Can't really tell my current boss about this. He'll kill me! Hahaha.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Many conga rats to Leslie's man-candy and the best of luck to the Adammon family ^^ Seriously, though, you need to get your significant others here, we wanna meet them! :D

Also...

He wanted to call me Wednesday

Trying a new look, Seej? :) [STRIKE]Or some sort of roleplaying? :unibrow:[/STRIKE] Uh, nvm... too Icarus-y :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

Harrrrrrr. Surprised you didn't jump on the comment about me calling him "Boss" all weekend instead. Guess you wanted to go for the less obvious joke, and I respect that.

Jake'll never come here, not a lot, at least. Two reasons why:

1. He's had bad experiences with online relationships and is very wary of them. Doesn't think much of most forums, either.
2. On some strange level, he considers it an invasion of my privacy. I guess he wants this place to be something I can enjoy on my own. Kind of nice of him really. Maybe he thinks this is where I come to complain about him... which is ridiculous. I do that to his face. :p

It's too bad, though. When I relay some funny joke/happening he always seems to really enjoy it. And he likes a lot of you already, from what he knows. He's always saying, "You should post '____insert funny comment here_____'" and I'm always like, "SIGN UP AND DO IT YOURSELF."

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

There's always the chance that he'll decide to do it, one day. I get that he doesn't want to intrude on "your thing;" my wife is the same way with a lot of stuff like that.

Gusto

Gusto

And he likes a lot of you already, from what he knows.
Tell him I love him.

And then tell him I wasn't trying to be creepy, I was just posturing in front of the other posters.

Cajungal

Cajungal

And he likes a lot of you already, from what he knows.
Tell him I love him.

And then tell him I wasn't trying to be creepy, I was just posturing in front of the other posters.[/QUOTE]

I will. Oh, and he got those lilacs you sent. He said they're beautiful.

Piotyr

Piotyr

...Just have to grind a couple of more sixth grades ...
Man, did I read that wrong!

Adam

Adammon

Cajungal

Cajungal

Would you take a look at this freakin' awesome shirt? It's my birthday present from Gusto. THANKS GUSTO! :D

Gusto

Gusto

Don't thank me. Thank John Allison.

Also thank me.

:)

Glad you enjoy!

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's freakin GREAT! I can't wait to wear it.

This is hilarious. When I opened it, I had a cup of water. I got so excited that it spilled all over the shirt... so I'm hanging it up to dry now. I am... just the clumsiest person you'll ever meet, it's true.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

They paved the road to my house today! I'm so happy I could dance, so I think I will!

LittleSin

LittleSin

Heh...heh...Uke.

I've read far to much homoerotic fan fiction.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Heh...heh...Uke.

:|

LittleSin

LittleSin

Heh...heh...Uke.

:|[/QUOTE]

Y'DON'T KNOW ME! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Waiting at the hospital. Should be meeting my niece in the next hour or two.

Cajungal

Cajungal

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHCONGRATULATIONS! :clap:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Heh...heh...Uke.

Y'DON'T KNOW ME! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT![/QUOTE]

Do I seem like a seme or a uke?

Element 117

へんたいのえっちです。

Hylian

Hylian

Waiting at the hospital. Should be meeting my niece in the next hour or two.

congrats :thumbsup:

phil

phil

Heh...heh...Uke.

Y'DON'T KNOW ME! I'LL DO WHAT I WANT![/QUOTE]

Too much homoerotic fan fiction? Does not compute!

Got one of my favorite beers, and new sexy glasses today. Tomorrow I see KISS in concert with a girl I had a crush on in high school.

I'll see you guys either back here tomorrow or in tue rant thread.

Or in the "everything was kind of normal and nothing actually happened" thread.

makare

I have had an awesome afternoon. My mom came to visit and we did not spend the night in Omaha. We went to sioux city instead since it is kind of what passes for a city around here. We ate at famous dave's which we love. Then we went shopping and I got some awesome clothes. Sweetness. Then we went to the Expendables. We got to the movie late and we just kind of snuck in and sat in the front. A little ways in I looked back and realized that we were the only ones in the whole theater. So we went and sat up a few levels, talked as loud as we wanted and I texted through the whole movie. Which included my mom yelling, "yeah kill that fucker.. see I can say that because we are the only ones in here." and me saying "but you still sound crazy lol"
It was soo fun. I loved the movie but I honestly can't tell you what it was about. HAHAHA.

Tomorrow we will be going to Omaha. It is an in your face trip because my stepdad said we couldnt go. My mom is like fuck you old man we are going. Im just an innocent bystander :whistling:

I am having a great time. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

Wasabi Poptart

We got part of Mr. Wasabi's per diem pay and our temporary lodging pay in an amazingly timely manner. Our security deposit from the house we were renting should be in our checking account any day now. I also got a refund from my school! And it's really mine instead of a clerical error. :confused: Plus regular pay day was a couple of days ago. Holy Hannah!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Goddamn, that was funny. The third picture got the biggest laugh. I knew the joke was coming from what "Shannon" said beforehand, but still hilarious.

drifter

drifter

I love the Pie Charts one.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Hahaha Shannon is a very patient customer.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Co-worker.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

The girlfriend missed the beginning of our WoD campaign last week... but she joined in today.

And she loved it.

Yay :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Got another one!

Went shopping (needed some milk and toppings for sandwiches)... and found Avatar: The Last Airbender, Book 1 on DVD.

I've been waiting for this day for so long!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Geez! My sister had her baby Thursday night. My cousin in Alaska had his baby girl just 2 hours after my sister. Then I just got a call from one of my best friends from high school saying she just had HER baby girl this morning! Baby overload!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Before you know it, you'll be having a baby!

Null

Null

Before you know it, you'll be having a baby!
Well, that would explain why he bought that Wombulator 4200 at Costco.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I smell a comedy hit! Somebody get Danny DeVito to be my co-star in the movie and we're set!

Krisken

Krisken

I don't get to post in here too often, so I'm just going to enjoy it- At the festival today we pulled in $300 selling my wife's pottery. We could sell nothing tomorrow and still feel like winners!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Who's got two thumbs and a date tomorrow night?
*points to himself with his thumbs*

This guy!
(going to a vegan restaurant that I love, followed by...Scott Pilgrim! Her choice, 'cause she hasn't seen it yet.)

phil

phil

Saw the town which was an awesome movie then saw KISS which was even better even though I had to stand through three lesser bands for an hour each.

Then Ihop which dammit I like that place because I like pancakes and they serve them there.

Now I'm going to sleeeeeeeeeeep probably forever. It was nice knowing you guys.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Added salt and black pepper to bacon, then BBQ'd it, then combined it with beans!

=OM NOM NOM NOM NOM=

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Who's got two thumbs and a date tomorrow night?
*points to himself with his thumbs*

This guy!
(going to a vegan restaurant that I love, followed by...Scott Pilgrim! Her choice, 'cause she hasn't seen it yet.)
Cool! Scott Pilgrim's still playing in some places!

:p And have fun.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Geez! My sister had her baby Thursday night. My cousin in Alaska had his baby girl just 2 hours after my sister. Then I just got a call from one of my best friends from high school saying she just had HER baby girl this morning! Baby overload!
That must have been one hell of a party....

9 months ago...

makare

Saw the town which was an awesome movie then saw KISS which was even better even though I had to stand through three lesser bands for an hour each.

Then Ihop which dammit I like that place because I like pancakes and they serve them there.

Now I'm going to sleeeeeeeeeeep probably forever. It was nice knowing you guys.
Lucky, we went to IHOP yesterday morning and it was terrible! I blame that IHOP but seriously how do you mess up breakfast? damn you Sioux City Ihop

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Cool! Scott Pilgrim's still playing in some places!
Technically, no. It's at a local cheaper theatre that plays movies later. :(

fade

fade

The worst two years of my life suddenly and quietly came to a close. I can't provide more details in public, but it was horrific. Sorry if anyone got the brunt of it.

Krisken

Krisken

The worst two years of my life suddenly and quietly came to a close. I can't provide more details in public, but it was horrific. Sorry if anyone got the brunt of it.
Good to hear the awfulness is over. I look forward to our happier, less aggravated Fade.

Espy

Espy

Dang man. Sorry to hear that it's been so rough. Glad it's over.

Null

Null

Maybe your heart will heal enough to actually like things someday.

fade

fade

Thanks everyone.

Null

Null

In all honestly, though, glad to hear you're getting out of a bad place.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm so glad to hear it, Fade. :) I wish for your continued getting-better-ness.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Also, SCUD? "SCUD?!" Krisken, how could you do this to me? :'(

Null

Null

I'm so glad to hear it, Fade. :) I wish for your continued getting-better-ness.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

Also, SCUD? "SCUD?!" Krisken, how could you do this to me? :'(
Must have been Lupus.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This is a sad day for Seej.

Kriskens: Discontinued until further notice. *sad trumpet*

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, no one seems to like it, but I really needed a change.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

"Scud" sounds like "Ducks" spelled backwards.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Change it back!

Element 117

Well, I like the change.

#CoffinNail

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I'm just glad to know who the fuck Scud is now. That was neat gem of a comic waaaay back when.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Scuds: No longer available in Krisken

Krisken

Krisken

I'm just glad to know who the fuck Scud is now. That was neat gem of a comic waaaay back when.
He completed it. If you liked Drywall when he was young, wait till you see him all grown up.

Element 117

Scuds: No longer available in Krisken
Name downsized to compete in current economy.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Scuds: You bet your ass it has Lupus!

phil

phil

Had a job interview today and I left with her number ;)

Also her email and other contact information on her card.

I still might call her ;)

About the job though. I am a professional!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Job news here as well. The teacher I'm substituting for got slapped with sick leave until the end of October.

Which means I get to substitute for at least five weeks more! ^^ The funny thing is, this started as a two-weeks-or-less deal.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Can't believe how freakin long it took me to post this! MY BROTHER WAS ON TV WITH JASON LEE!

Starting at about 1:14, he's the bass player--all the way to the right of Lee. And the other guys are the other members of E. Company! EXCITING! :D Hooray for Trey!

Terrik

Terrik

Last week's adventure in Beijing and this coming weekend was and shall be EPIK....starting with dinner at 5:00pm. Bwahaha!

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

I...just spelled epic with a K....I've been listening to too much korean music.

I...I...need to lay down.

Terrik

Terrik

I'm staying in Shenyang for this holiday. It's all I can afford after last week's Ice Wine (冰酒) buying bonanza.

fade

fade

Can't believe how freakin long it took me to post this! MY BROTHER WAS ON TV WITH JASON LEE!

Starting at about 1:14, he's the bass player--all the way to the right of Lee. And the other guys are the other members of E. Company! EXCITING! :D Hooray for Trey!

That's pretty awesome. Is this the brother who plays (or played) at Bisbano's regularly? Is he getting gigs out of it?

Another local one for you, CG: I just found out my son's swim coach was the "buff swimming dude" who tosses his hair back in slo'-mo' on Epic Movie. Not the greatest credit to one's name, but still, it was a major motion picture. The clip is on youtube. I'll get it from my wife.

Null

Null

That's awesome, Cajungal!

fade

fade

Here it is CG. It was "Meet the Spartans", and he's the leafblower guy in this clip.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's pretty awesome. Is this the brother who plays (or played) at Bisbano's regularly? Is he getting gigs out of it?

Another local one for you, CG: I just found out my son's swim coach was the "buff swimming dude" who tosses his hair back in slo'-mo' on Epic Movie. Not the greatest credit to one's name, but still, it was a major motion picture. The clip is on youtube. I'll get it from my wife.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the one! And yes, those movies are silly, but that's pretty cool! :D Not everyone gets a chance to be in slow motion..

The clip actually hasn't helped him as much as their touring. Sad thing is they wouldn't let the band play, just pretend to play along other music. ...But they COULD have. They've been hopping from college town to college town in the south. This weekend they landed a gig at some Mississippi frat house. It's gonna be swarming with rich guys who throw tips away like trash when they're drunk, so good times for E. Company! :D

Terrik

Terrik

Why were you buying the only easily recognizable export from Canada in Beijing?

I have twenty bottle of icewine in my apartment and none of it is for me :(
I also have a flat of Mou Tai, and other Baijiu but personally I can't stand that stuff.
Well see this was this girl and....

Yeah.

Damn was it some good wine, though. Happy "China is Great" Day!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I have just made home made kung pao chicken for dinner!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

With or without peanuts?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

With or without peanuts?[/QUOTE]

Without. But WITH Cashews.
Oddly, this recipe called for cashews rather than peanuts. I figured I'd go with it. This way I can bring it in with me to the studio for dinner and not worry about triggering any allergies.
I also substituted the szechaun pepper with black pepper and the chili pepper with jalepeno, while I'm being honest.

Terrik

Terrik

Sounds good to me

Null

Null

We were notified today that we'll be able to get out of foreclosure.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

We were notified today that we'll be able to get out of foreclosure.
Awesome!

I've been seeing the reversals going on in the paper. This is damn good.

makare

I'm having a great birthday! I got some new jeans and a hoodie. I am happy dappy.

phil

phil

today was a good day. I got my oil changed and state inspection done finally and most importantly Mom came home from the hospital and should be back up to 100% any day now. The doctor said her vertigo episode probably won't happen again, which was an added bonus. We'll all finally get a good night sleep again.

my brother had a good interview. Hopefully he'll finally land a job and will start to feel better about himself.

things are looking up.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

My Summer long room-mate moved back in with his wife. THE HOUSE IS MINE AGAIN!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Reached mid-semester of my student teaching in one piece! Everything is falling neatly into place after long days of being an academic hermit at the library/my apartment. I have emerged from a dark hole (have fun with that one...) a much better person!

It's all a gentle downward slope from here.... oh, crap, gotta update my resume. Oh well, too happy to worry right now. ^_^ Gonna be a real teacher soon!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Good Luck CG!

Hope you can find a job at the spring semester.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Me too. I know someone who can at least line me up some substitute jobs until August. :) So there's that!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I have emerged from a dark hole (have fun with that one...) a much better person!
I'm going to need you to explain this one. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Good news, everyone!

For about the past year or so I've been wanting to do a study abroad to finish up my undergrad. This is my senior year studying finance with a certificate in international business. The plan was to finish my finance classes this semester and then finish up the international business certificate abroad during the spring. Last week I finished up my application for a study abroad program at the University of Economics (VSE) in Prague. The VSE is supposed to be a great school and they've got some really killer social programs for international students and its in Prague. The study abroad program is also popular and highly competitive; ASU only sends a couple of students to the VSE each semester.

Well, I finished my application the other week and this morning I got an email from the study abroad office. I GOT ACCEPTED! It looks like I'm one of two students that got selected to go on this program. I have been over the moon all day. I cannot think of a better way to finish college than by spending it in freaking Prague, traveling around and bumming around Europe after the semester finishes until I run out of money!

There's gonna have to be some serious celebrating this weekend I think.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Congratulations! :D That's going to be an experience to remember!

makare

thats awesome baer.

I just have one question, what does "over the moon" mean? you are the second person ive heard use it.

phil

phil

It means he's so over the Apollo missions. I mean srsly fat lot of good that did us amirite?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Awesome, Baer!

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Man, Prague is amazing. What a beautiful city. Be sure to look for the giant, creepy, faceless babies. Have fun!

Terrik

Terrik

Last night was truly epic.

I can say no more.

Baerdog

Baerdog

thats awesome baer.

I just have one question, what does "over the moon" mean? you are the second person ive heard use it.
It means so excited I could jump over the moon. Probably like that cow from the nursery rhyme.

Moo.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I spent my "China is great" day soaking in a hot spring, drinking beer after a long day of hiking through the mountains around Beijing. Thank god there was barely anyone there. Thank god I did not go to Shanghai.

I forgot to mention that last night I was playing Call of Cthulluh at my regular cafe when a group of ten hot Chinese girls sat down next to us and started playing hard core DnD with home made props. It was the first time I've seen Chinese play DnD, it was the first time I've seen a Chinese girl play DnD and it was the first time I've seen an all girl DnD group.

sometimes I wish I was single...
Sometimes I wish I was still in China.

Terrik

Terrik

Well I've been enjoying my single days so far here ;)

Going to Qian Shan tonight with someone I only refer to as "annoying girl“。 This should be fun. Pictures when I'm back.

Of all of it.
:smug:

No. Not really.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

I got a Blackberry. The new Torch. So far, I am happy with it. Not sure if my email is working though. Hmmmmm

Terrik

Terrik

Qian Shan trip was fun and really tiring.

I do love misty mountains with all their wisdom and stuff

makare

Yay we made sugar cookies and they are awesome

looking anyway, i actually hate sugar cookies lol. they are to give away.

evilmike

evilmike

Passed 5000, three weeks ahead of schedule.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I've finally, after two years out of college schlumping around temp jobs, landed a permanent full-time job! Whooooo! It's not teaching, which is kind of sad, but I am just glad to have a steady income (and a pretty high one for a single dude with no huge monthly expenses). It's in the finance industry, and my job title sounds really cool (Global Asset Administrator). The other catch is that I have to move to Houston! Which is kind of bad. I like Austin more than Houston! But I'm totally game for it if I have a sure-thing job waiting. Which I do!!! I also have the money/ability to get my own place. That's really exciting, since I've never lived on my own before! I'm also going to have this weird thing called a savings account now. Crazy! And also this stuff called "health insurance". I am so excited to be lower middle class!!!!

Alright, well, I start tomorrow. So I'm driving down there today and looking at apartments. I hope I can get into one relatively quickly so I don't overstay my welcome at my friends' place. I am really happy that there are decent apartments with vacancies within walking distance of work. Since Houston Traffic(tm) was a major scary thing about the place, I would be really interested in making my commute walking across the parking lot.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Congrats Charlie, that's awesome.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

ISince Houston Traffic(tm) was a major scary thing about the place, I would be really interested in making my commute walking across the parking lot.
Wait a minute, you've been dealing with Austin traffic and Houston traffic worries you? Dude, Houston is easier than Austin, more ways around stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well done, Young Charles, the Fierce and Lovely Boner. :)

fade

fade

Congrats Charlie. You're leaving the little blue island, and jumping straight into the deep end of the big red sea.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dear Ladies Of Hollywood, Joan Collins Is Judging You | Dlisted

Heh heh heh, ignore the article and read the comments.:D

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

I never knew Espy was into the world of glamor . . . .

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Interesting. I never realized that Espy was moonlighting as a city filled with sluts.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Congrats Charlie.

If you have any questions about H-Town, I can give a shot at answering them.

Look at a crime statistics website when looking at your apt. choices. No place is 100% safe, but some places I would not go with an armed escort.

Driving is easy, left lane, foot to the floor. Don't weave in and out of traffic much, that is the dangerous part.

fade

fade

My talk today regarding oil spill detection was a big win. Talking research funding and possible consortium formation around the idea now. Sweet. Consortium = private industry based funding/salary for professors.

makare

funny loss of consortium means something completely different.

David

David

I just got 700 freaking dollars from financial aid and can finally afford to buy new underwear.

makare

I think we all win with that one.

Gusto

Gusto

Those are gonna be some underwear.

makare

Baerdog

Baerdog

No, these.

Shakey

Shakey

I now own my own house plus 40 acres of land!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I now own my own house plus 40 acres of land!
Said the guy with the perfect avatar. :laugh:

Congrats!

Shakey

Shakey

Thanks!

I'm doing that dance right now... except naked.

rabbitgod

40 acres, man that's awesome.

I'd love a little land to expand my garden. One day...one day.

Shakey

Shakey

My shits floppin out there like never before.

Half of it is just brush and swamp, but I don't care. I've got a pretty good size garden in the old cow yard, so it grows like crazy. I think I might make it a bit bigger next year.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I read "half of it is just brush and swamp..." as if you were still talking about something else.

Oh, man. :rofl:

Shakey

Shakey

Well, I haven't man-scaped in a while...

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Man-scape? I do not know what that is...

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Shaving your genital area.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't get Dos Equis ads in Ca-na-da.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Wah-fucking-hooty, I'm finally back in cyberland! My computer crapped out on me a few weeks ago. I figured it was probably my power supply, but I let my brother take it to his friend who works on computers for a living to check it out for me just in case. But then it takes him forever to get around to it, only to be told what I suspected in the first place, I needed a new power supply. Finally got that new puppy in there, and I can now wastes my life here again! HOORAY! :whoo:

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

[/QUOTE]

I guess you don't get Dos Equis ads in Ca-na-da.[/QUOTE]
Is that from a Dos Equis commercial?
Man, I'm really failing my perception rolls around the forum lately.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

LittleSin

LittleSin

Guys. GUYS.

I got awesome blog of the week on thatguywiththeglasses.com for Inspire Me!

I am so happy right now!

See?!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hey, that's neat! Congrats to you. :)

makare

I love the law. We just had to figure out Does now mean now or does now mean then? In this case, "now" meant then.

Mmmm semantics.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Sounds like the definition of is.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

My nephew's first cancer removal surgery went off without a hitch today. They removed the liver tumour, and the surgeon and the pathologist were both very confident with the amount they took out.
Still a long way to go. At least one more surgery and two more chemo treatments. But this was a massive milestone.

ALSO, he called me uncle for the first time last night.And then again this morning. It was the cutest damn thing in the world.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Most definitely an epic win, Checks! Here's to him calling you uncle for many more years to come! :falldown:

Bones

Bones

and years from now when at his acceptance speech for president(or equivalent) he notes it s all thanks to his uncle checkers. they will forever remember it as the checker's speech.

Dave

Dave

Although not quite as epic as checkeredhat's mine made me go all a-quiver.

I solo main-tanked my first high-end instance in WoW tonight! I'd never done it before and wasn't as prepared as I would have liked, but I held aggro (for the most part, damned fire mage!) and nobody died!

This is a big first step for me and it'll only lead to bigger and better things!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

I'm drinking eggnog!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

EGGNAWG!!!!

Adam

Adammon

Wait? Is it eggnog season!? HURRAY!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Eggnog! The greatest drink in the world! Able to sustain the American Navy on a single sip! A more powerful aphrodisiac than Paul Newmans wink. It's eggnog season mutherfockers!

Gusto

Gusto

NYYYYAAAAAAAAUUGGGGHHH

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

NYYYYAAAAAAAAUUGGGGHHH
Eggnog; able to bring Gusto to orgasm with a single glance. Yeah it's that awesome.

Gusto

Gusto

:smug:

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I.... have never really drunk eggnog. I feel somehow incomplete, now.

Cajungal

Cajungal

There was a guy who was friends with Juski who was crazy for it. Remember him, Gusto?

Charon, it is really REALLY heavy, but good in small doses.

makare

This morning I was looking at my bank account and I noticed there was a 6.99 fee for some bank service I dont use. I then noticed it went back three months! I thought those bastards I am going to the bank today and I am getting that 21 dollars back.

So after class, and I was so anxious to get to the bank that they day just dragged ass, I get there and the banker chick calls the main bank. We are on hold for 45 minutes. Finally, she gets off the phone with the guy and says, ok so the refund is 549.

I was stunned. I said, five hundred and forty nine... DOLLARS!?

Yep.

Holy shit!!! Apparently, and this is a testament to my obliviousness, I have been getting charged that fee for a long damn time.

I am ecstatic. Seriously this morning I was so upset about my finances and now I am just relieved.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nice win. But in reality it is the same as finding a $20 bill in an old coat.

Cajungal

Cajungal

FIVE WEEKS LEFT! FIVE WEEKS.

makare

I probably would have posted that here too. I don't know about you but Im not exactly swimming in cash right now.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I probably would have posted that here too. I don't know about you but Im not exactly swimming in cash right now.[/QUOTE]

I know, I've lived as a student twice. It's just that you really had that money all along. Really nice that the bank coughed it up.

Baerdog

Baerdog

This morning I was looking at my bank account and I noticed there was a 6.99 fee for some bank service I dont use. I then noticed it went back three months! I thought those bastards I am going to the bank today and I am getting that 21 dollars back.

So after class, and I was so anxious to get to the bank that they day just dragged ass, I get there and the banker chick calls the main bank. We are on hold for 45 minutes. Finally, she gets off the phone with the guy and says, ok so the refund is 549.

I was stunned. I said, five hundred and forty nine... DOLLARS!?

Yep.

Holy shit!!! Apparently, and this is a testament to my obliviousness, I have been getting charged that fee for a long damn time.

I am ecstatic. Seriously this morning I was so upset about my finances and now I am just relieved.
That is awesome!

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

So the principal emails my mom today to tell her that, after all the shit they gave her about how I wouldn't be able to sub long-term for her because I was her son, they looked over who was available and decided I was the best qualified to do it anyway. So epic win because I get three full weeks worth of work and my mom gets the sub she wanted in the first place. But I'm still pissed that the district gave her all this extra stress right before her surgery for no real reason.

Null

Null

October 27, 2010
Great Falls, MT, USA

4 Winds Fantasy Gaming publisher Robert Thomson announced today that 4 Winds has partnered with Knoxville, TN-based Studio 2 Publishing, joining a long list of other well known game publishers partnered with Studio 2.

“This is one of the most significant partnerships for 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming,” said Thomson. By partnering with Studio 2 Publishing, 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming products will be made much more widely available than they currently are as Studio 2 provides fulfillment services to a number of distributors – including ACD Distributors and Alliance Game Distributors. “Our products will receive much more attention this way, and hopefully make their way into even more fans’ hands,” Thomson added.

Beginning with the March 2011 solicitation cycle, 4 Winds first two releases will be made available to distributors through Studio 2 Publishing. The Book of Arcane Magic and The Book of Divine Magic have been popular supplements for Paizo Publishing, LLC’s Pathfinder Roleplaying Game without distribution by any of the major distributors. 4 Winds hopes to expand upon the success of those two books with this new partnership.

“This new partnership with Studio 2 Publishing will in no way impact our existing print sales at Indie Press Revolution or Paizo.com,” said Thomson. “Our books will continue to be offered through IPR and Paizo, as well as our Lulu storefront.” There may be a brief unavailability of 4 Winds titles at Amazon.com as Studio 2 Publishing takes over the handling of supplying 4 Winds products to Amazon.

In addition to offering their existing titles through Studio 2 Publishing, all of 4 Winds’ upcoming products will also be made available through them. “We are revamping our release schedule slightly to adjust to the new partnership,” Thomson said. “But you can still expect to see Tome of Monsters, Deus ex Historica – our first product supporting Green Ronin’s Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition, and our original game system Exploding Aces in 2011, along with several other print titles.”

For more information on 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming, go to 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming - Home or contact Robert Thomson at 4WindsFantasyGaming@gmail.com or (406) 868-9260.

For more information on Studio 2 Publishing go to Studio 2 Publishing or contact Jim Searcy at jims@studio2publishing.com or (867) 637-0616.

Green Ronin, Mutants & Masterminds, and M&M are all property of Green Ronin and used by permission.

Pathfinder and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Publishing, LLC, and are used under license. See paizo.com/pathfinderRPG for more information on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game.

The Book of Arcane Magic, The Book of Divine Magic, Tome of Monsters, Deus ex Historica, and Exploding Aces are all copyright 2009-2011 4 Winds Fantasy Gaming. All rights reserved.

ABOUT 4 WINDS FANTASY GAMING
4 Winds Fantasy Gaming is a Great Falls, MT, USA-based roleplaying game publisher, formed in March 2009. The co-owners of the company, Connie & Robert Thomson, have over 40 years combined experience as gamers in tabletop roleplaying games and are using that experience to bring quality new material to the hobby. Connie & Robert have made their home in Great Falls, MT since May 2004. Connie is originally from McClusky, North Dakota and Robert is originally from Etowah, Tennessee.

ABOUT STUDIO 2 PUBLISHING
Studio 2 is really three different companies in one.

First and foremost, Studio 2 is a sales/marketing and fulfillment service for other companies that need those services. Sales and marketing includes all efforts to get your product to the marketplace and maximize your sales potential. Studio 2 sells globally and covers many different marketplaces, from small market "Mom and Pop" stores to book trade to mass and global marketplaces, and even the exploding internet sales market. Studio 2 can offer many different levels of sales and marketing services for companies that have very specific needs. Along with sales and marketing, Studio 2 has fulfillment services that can be adjusted to specific needs as well. Warehousing, shipping, logistics, invoicing, accounting and collections are some of the services that Studio 2 provides within the framework of the fulfillment end our business.

Secondly, Studio 2 is a publisher in the traditional sense of the word. We are looking for partners that have a need to get their product to the marketplace and don't have the resources to get the product produced. With our experience in print and part buying, Studio 2 can get virtually any product made, leaving your company to do what it does best - create. Let Studio 2 take care of printing, manufacturing, shipping, invoicing, and collecting for your creation. In return, Studio 2 will send off a detailed accounting along with payment making it as easy as possible for the part of business that is the hardest to accomplish for many companies.

Finally, Studio 2 is a manufacturer itself, creating many exciting new products and bringing them to the marketplace. At this time, Studio 2 is concentrating on producing items for the adventure game market and collectibles market, with games, accessories and specialty items releasing quarterly. Studio 2 also works with some of the most respected names in the industry to produce quality licensed products that exceed marketplace expectations.

-----------------------------

So that's big news for the small gaming publisher I write for. Alliance Game Distributors will really expand our distribution. You might actually start seeing some of our books at your FLGS.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Thanks to the incredible support of way more friends than I expected, and the surprising generosity of many complete strangers the fundraiser I've been helping with to help my sister with my nephew's medical costs has so far raised $769.00. Another friend tells me she's received $200 in direct donations so far, so we're about half way to my goal of $2,000 for my sister!

There was a Halloween dance fundraiser held in my hometown last night that my sister says drew a surprisingly large crowd as well.

Wahad

Wahad

So I made dinner for my parents tonight. As a dessert, my plan was to make sticky rice rolls with a sweet (peach-lychee nut-ginger) filling. The filling was too runny, so I couldn't make the rolls. Substitution: rice-balls in a bowl of filling. They were still lyrical for it. Huzzah!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I mentioned in the Rant thread, we had to give up our rat Odin due to our inexperience being able to help him with his behavior problems caused by year-long isolation.

Well, we got a call from the vet today that he's gone to the rat rescue and is getting along really well with the other rats, and though he needs time to adjust to humans, get over an infection, and be accepted with the rat colony they have, he seems happy experiencing the adult rats and learning from them. We knew he was smart, but it's showing in how quickly he's adapting.

Far

Far

I have currently returned to school in order to finish the little bit of high schooling I stupidly just stopped going for. I started in September and had a math and an english class to do. Today, I finished the last project for my math class, two months ahead of schedule.

Now, it was by no means difficult math but I had gone ahead of what was being taught in class pretty much at the start and managed to complete the text-book and all projects essentially without any teaching or prodding. This, I feel, is a big step for me as when I was in school before getting me to do homework or any work really was like pulling teeth. It was never that I didn't understand or was incapable of doing the work, I had never really felt the drive or desire to do it.

Ultimately I'm doing this so that I can finally go to school for something I've always wanted to, animation. Just feels like I've got one step closer at this point and I am pretty stoked right now. :D

Vagabond

V.Bond

My time in California has been really incredibly amazing.

I think I want to live here now. I know for certain that it's going to be tough to leave.

Agonizingly hard no joke.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

^^^
That is WIN! Way to go Far!