Export thread

The Last Starfighter

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: The Last Starfighter

Tagline: He didn't find his dreams... his dreams found him.

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Nick Castle[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Lance Guest[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan O'Herlihy[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Catherine Mary Stewart[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barbara Bosson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Norman Snow[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Preston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kay E. Kuter[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dan Mason[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Chris Hebert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John O'Leary[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]George McDaniel[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charlene Nelson[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Maio[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Starr[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Al Berry[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suzanne Snyder[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1984-07-13[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]101[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]A video-gaming boy, seemingly doomed to stay at his trailer park home all his life, finds himself recruited as a gunner for an alien defense force.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

phil

phil

Uh huh.
edit

Oh man, this is like, it's own sub forum. I just saw this in new posts and thought it was a thing you were doing. This makes more sense now.

also I really liked this movie back in the day.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Another movie I've actually seen.

--Patrick

Just Me

Just Me

I actually saw it on the big screen back when, and loved it. Even then I loved the heck out of Robert Preston's performance, as well as O'Herlihy as Grig. Combined with the plot and the special effects, young me (14 years old) was blown apart.

Rewatched it as soon as it was available on DVD, I still love it.
The effects have aged, a lot.
But Preston, O'Herlihy, the Gunstar and its Death Blossom still captured my heart and took me in.And of course: Beta!
Nostalgia is a bad drug and can blur one's vision, but I'd sign up without thinking to watch that version on the big screen again (though please not much bigger as they were back then in '84 ;) ).

strawman

strawman

Nostalgia is a bad drug and can blur one's vision,
That's what I worry about in regards to this film. I really enjoyed it, but I was the target audience - a male teenager. Good to know it's got legs.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Good to know it's got legs.
To be fair, that's exactly the sort of thing that attracts the male teenage audience.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

That guy getting his brain lasered stayed in my dreams for years.

Dave

Dave

The ending battle was pretty dumb, though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The ending battle was pretty dumb, though.
Yeah but
"What do we do?!"
"We die." #MonocleFlip

Null

Null

One of my favorite movies as a kid. And yeah, some of the deaths were pretty gruesome.