Export thread

The not so funny pic thread (some NSFL or gore)

Limit: 500

SeraRelm

Awesome may still apply...

added: (I'm not gonna try to tell folks what to put in that thread, it's on the boards, people post what they will, but for crashes/etc, I'd prefer if they used spoiler tags on those. I'd hate for people to miss out on the awesome images because they have a weak stomach.)

ElJuski

ElJuski

I like it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Eh, guess I'm in.

2520.gif

Added at: 17:05

SeraRelm

ElJuski

ElJuski

jesus christ gas, that car crash video

what the fuck

GasBandit

GasBandit

From the photo series, "The Ruins of Detroit"

SeraRelm

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

See, now that gas station one is funny as fuck, to me. Human stupidity + property damage = COMEDY GOLD

But yeah, the accident one is horrifying. I've not yet had to work one quite THAT bad.

SeraRelm

GasBandit

GasBandit

Added at: 17:39
Here's another one to continue the thread of "making you hate Gas Bandit."

Added at: 17:41

SeraRelm

GasBandit

GasBandit

SeraRelm

GasBandit

GasBandit

Heh, I thought this was the NOT funny thread? XD
Added at: 17:58
Now before you guys get bent out of shape about this one, note the guy, when the smoke clears, picks himself up, dusts himself off, and continues on his way.

Added at: 18:02

fade

fade

Geez, those car crash gifs are horrifying. Guess it doesn't help that my little brother lost his entire family in something like the first one, and I cried like a little baby about it for a week.

GasBandit

GasBandit

How I feel at Tony Roma's

SeraRelm

Added at: 19:16

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm glad this "not funny" thread turned into "horrific pain and awful things to see" thread.

Got to remember this thread makes my skin crawl.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I think it goes without saying, I'm absolutely loving this thread.

SeraRelm

I'm glad this "not funny" thread turned into "horrific pain and awful things to see" thread.

Got to remember this thread makes my skin crawl.
Because slinkies falling in slow motion is SO TRAUMATIC!:eek:

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Added at: 17:41
That's a prime example of the phrase "When it's your time...". See also: "Wrong place at the wrong time"

OTOH, the guy with the camera should be thanking his lucky stars he was holding the camera.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

:whistling:

SeraRelm

Added at: 23:12

ElJuski

ElJuski

Because slinkies falling in slow motion is SO TRAUMATIC!:eek:
that slinky gave me nightmares.

fade

fade

Quick, someone photoshop it so that the slinky is what crushes the car instead of the crane counterweights.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

For that, I'm going to kill you, eat your dog and impregnate your sister.

Just you wait...

ElJuski

ElJuski

what?

GasBandit

GasBandit

A lucky bicyclist.

A not-so lucky one.

Skillful athletic synchronizing.

Not so much.

Why you wear your seat belt.

Why you wear your seat belt part two.

Why bleachers don't have seat belts.

And, the rare SAFE FOR WORK mouth side-view x-ray.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Damn fake wrasslin'!

Damn fake shin bones!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

*winces every time that kick lands*

ElJuski

ElJuski

WHY DO I KEEP OPENING THIS THREAD!?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

For the same reason one major crash turns into several - you can't NOT look.

ElJuski

ElJuski

that and if I squint really hard to not see the movies of people dying I can focus on just the cool gifs

GasBandit

GasBandit

that and if I squint really hard to not see the movies of people dying I can focus on just the cool gifs
Well, I don't think either of those two guys DIED from their horrific, bone shattering ordeals.
Added at: 17:36
JANG JANG JANG JANG

Who's dead now, Hal?

drifter

drifter

The following are rather NSFL:

Have you ever heard of krokodil?

:Leyla:

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That's a prime example of the phrase "When it's your time...". See also: "Wrong place at the wrong time"

OTOH, the guy with the camera should be thanking his lucky stars he was holding the camera.
It think it is amazing that those weights landed there, since the car was a good quarter mile past the crane.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Fuck I knew what that was before I clicked the fucking spoiler and I clicked the fucking spoiler anyway.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It think it is amazing that those weights landed there, since the car was a good quarter mile past the crane.
Well, obviously it is either a fake or there's more than one crane, with one having been so close as to be off camera the whole time. Probably the first.
Fuck I knew what that was before I clicked the fucking spoiler and I clicked the fucking spoiler anyway.
Yeah, that was some shit even I'd have hesitated to post. Next up, I'm sure, is the lotus-seeds-boob pic.

drifter

drifter

To be fair, I put up both a warning and spoilers in a thread that already has skewed kinda morbid. I figured that was enough.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That second one reminds me of an Und Forsaken from WoW.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know how it is, sometimes your toilet explodes a bulletproof snake so your friend has to ride his dirt bike bazooka in and take care of things.

SeraRelm

SeraRelm

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

drifter: THANK YOU! I was trying to remember what the name of that was... I've been telling my Sgt about it for a while

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

All have to say about this is:

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm pretty sure that crane video was viral marketing for Cloverfield.

Also, usually I have to go to 4chan for threads of this quality!

That's not an insult... I'm morbidly fascinated.

SeraRelm

drifter

drifter

SeraRelm

GasBandit

GasBandit

Explanation of the above photo:

Wikipedia said:
Centralia is a borough and ghost town in Columbia County, Pennsylvania, United States. Its population has dwindled from over 1,000 residents in 1981 to 12 in 2005,[1] 9 in 2007, and 10 in 2010, as a result of a mine fire burning beneath the borough since 1962. Centralia is one of the least-populated municipalities in Pennsylvania.

Centralia is part of the Bloomsburg-Berwick micropolitan area. The borough is completely surrounded by Conyngham Township.

All properties in the borough were claimed under eminent domain by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in 1992 (and all buildings therein were condemned), and Centralia's ZIP code was revoked by the Post Office in 2002.[1] However, a few residents continue to reside there in spite of the failure of a lawsuit to reverse the eminent domain claim.

ElJuski

ElJuski

that's not the Silent Hill place, is it?
Added at: 22:38
oh derp yeah it is.

Chippy

Chippy

The following are rather NSFL:

Have you ever heard of krokodil?

drifter

drifter

LittleSin

LittleSin

I WANT TO PET IT.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Wahad

Wahad

I am slightly unsettled by the size of this creature, no matter how docile it may seem.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cat shoulda locked the door

drifter

drifter

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

SeraRelm

SeraRelm

It's coming right for us!

Bones

Bones

images.jpg

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

figmentPez

figmentPez

Adam Savage and Alton Brown.jpeg

Bowielee

Bowielee

I just love how nonchalant the kid looks.

fade

fade

Wahad

Wahad

I want to be in this picture so bad you have no idea.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Well, that's straight up repulsive.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've heard references to poking superfluous holes in one's head but come ON.

Bowielee

Bowielee

how would you even eat or drink anything?

GasBandit

GasBandit

how would you even eat or drink anything?
It's possible, but it's messy.

The real question is what happens when a sneeze hits you.

drifter

drifter

I'm thinking that's got to be an unpleasant sight during meals.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Maybe it's a quick connect for liquids? Maybe it wasn't intentional? Maybe my farts smell like sunshine?

Gared

Gared

Obviously this gentleman is making the best of a bad situation, attempting to turn a permanent "braces through bottom lip" injury into a fashion statement.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not to mention retarded. Enjoy your corroded mouth of bacterial cess-pool, dumbass.

I'm sorry - "counter-culture revolutionary."

SeraRelm

added: (I'm not gonna try to tell folks what to put in that thread, it's on the boards, people post what they will, but for crashes/etc, I'd prefer if they used spoiler tags on those. I'd hate for people to miss out on the awesome images because they have a weak stomach.)

GasBandit

GasBandit

This next sonofabitch knows just how lucky he is.

drifter

drifter

This is an angiogram of a professional yo-yoer. Guess which finger they use.

Dave

Dave

Cool!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wonder if that guy still has a fingernail.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

fade

fade

There's a Coleridge joke in there somewhere.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

GasBandit

GasBandit

Easter is coming, and you know what that means... break out the dye and look for the easter bunny!

SeraRelm

Wow, this was pretty great. I think the jokes were "ok" but whatatwist.

http://occasionalcomics.com/muppet-thor/?pid=1 For the whole thing.

Dave

Dave

Kinda sad, though.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That guy must have had to take a wicked shit.

SeraRelm

I saw that one the other day, GB. Still wondering how, if it's real, they thought they would get away with that.

fade

fade

The bike one was real. It was on the news fairly recently.

I can just about hear that guy softly singing "Stayin' Alive" to himself

SeraRelm

Welcome to the town I live in...

Espy

Espy

Wow. Bravo to that group taking something out of theological and cultural context and using it to stoke racial issues. Classy.

Dave

Dave

That sign was defaced within 24 hours of its being put up.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/03/atheist_groups_slavery_billboa.html

Espy

Espy

Doesn't surprise me. If you act like an asshole expect other assholes to act similarly.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Wow. Bravo to that group taking something out of theological and cultural context and using it to stoke racial issues. Classy.
Except that it was an exact quote from a book that some claim is flawless and does not need updating. Even some of the political candidates in the "race" right now believe that.

Espy

Espy

I can't help stupid people. They will always be stupid. I'm as embarrassed by the people you speak of as I am of the idiots who put that billboard up. The belief that one needs no cultural and/or theological context to understand ancient texts (whether it be the Bible, the Quran or hell, even Shakespeare) is both shockingly ignorant and often dangerous. Imposing modern, western thought on texts written in other times for other people doesn't work, no matter how much one desires. That goes for both sides.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Espy

Espy

Now that is awesome.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Except that it was an exact quote from a book that some claim is flawless and does not need updating. Even some of the political candidates in the "race" right now believe that.
Usually the same folk (on their 3rd marriage) who rally against homosexuals while ignoring that adultery is usually right next to or even in the same verse condemning it.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

It's a tough hole but I think I can get my ball in there in at least three strokes.

Dave

Dave

The biggest problem I have with the billboard is that it was in a neighborhood that was low income and very, very skewed to the African American demographic. It wasn't as much the message but the picture. Kids don't read or know the message but they know enough to ask when they see a black guy in a metal collar. This, to me, is JUST as offensive as the abortion protesters holding up signs with bloody fetuses.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Dave

Dave

:puke:

SeraRelm

This one is safe though...

And so is this!

SeraRelm

The biggest problem I have with the billboard is that it was in a neighborhood that was low income and very, very skewed to the African American demographic. It wasn't as much the message but the picture. Kids don't read or know the message but they know enough to ask when they see a black guy in a metal collar. This, to me, is JUST as offensive as the abortion protesters holding up signs with bloody fetuses.
Funny story, there was a guy who lived along my way to work several years ago who, every week, would put different "fried baby" and "Jesus hates fags" type posters up on this sign in his front yard. It was along probably the busiest street besides any highways.

Dave

Dave

Funny story, there was a guy who lived along my way to work several years ago who, every week, would put different "fried baby" and "Jesus hates fags" type posters up on this sign in his front yard. It was along probably the busiest street besides any highways.
And he's just as big a dipshit as the people who put up this billboard in my eyes.

SeraRelm

Yeah except no one vandalized it or put it on the news.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Rebuttal in spoiler
Modern slavery and the modern definition of slavery is abhorrent and downright evil. People selling people/breeding people/kidnapping/etc is awful and inhumane. No true Christian or human for that matter could or should defend slavery. Slavery in the ancient world (the world of the Bible) is not necessarily the same as modern slavery. Slavery in the ancient world was very common. People owned nothing, nor had the right to own hardly anything. If you fell on hard times or owed a debt, you paid it off by being a 'slave' until the debt was paid. The majority (all) of Christians (that I know) do not think that slavery is or was good. I am ashamed of the U.S. and it's history in this regard. I am ashamed that our fore-fathers were slave owners while signing documents claiming that all men were created equal. It was hypocrisy. However, find one nation that doesn't have some negative aspect of their past. Find one religion where people haven't twisted its teaching for personal gain and power. People can and will screw up anything because people are inherently selfish.

As Espy said, the billboard is mixing 2 different ideas to shock. I don't like or understand some information in the Bible, but there is a lot of good stuff there as well, but folks that are dead set to condemn it, will find and look for faults.

Usually the same folk (on their 3rd marriage) who rally against homosexuals while ignoring that adultery is usually right next to or even in the same verse condemning it.
Agreed. So many folks forget they have a 2x4 in their eye, while pointing out the speck of dust in another's eye.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

drawn_inward - When someone says "The bible is infallible" then turn around and say "oh except that part, and that part, oh and that part too" what do you say to that?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Man, a lot of the pictures showing up in this thread are old as the internet. Heh.

GasBandit

GasBandit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

gassy.jpg

Espy

Espy

drawn_inward - When someone says "The bible is infallible" then turn around and say "oh except that part, and that part, oh and that part too" what do you say to that?
Thats called a)being a hypocrite and b)ignorant of literary theory and theological /cultural and understanding.
Secondly I would add that it is really the falling down of the church. We don't teach people how to understand the Bible correctly, too many merely say "it's infallible" and then ignore anything they don't know how to deal with it. We say "God wrote it" rather than "Man wrote it and God inspired it" and add into that literary and cultural understanding, which really, I can't harp on enough. Does that make sense?

I suppose though we shouldn't crowd this thread with this stuff. I'm open to continuing it in a civil manner via pm or another thread though.

SeraRelm

Extremists...

Always doing it wrong.

Soliloquy

Man, a lot of the pictures showing up in this thread are old as the internet. Heh.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

What happened to the animated stick man that used to dance with that baby?

I meant to say, What happened to Ally McBeal?

GasBandit

GasBandit

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I suppose though we shouldn't crowd this thread with this stuff. I'm open to continuing it in a civil manner via pm or another thread though.
Agreed.
<--will take his viewpoint to another subforum :waves:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Bowielee

Bowielee

Extremists...

Always doing it wrong.
I know I'm probably not the best judge of feminine beauty, but that's just gross.

SeraRelm

Bones

Bones

needless death, while I understand it is just a dog, makes me upset. Needless cruelty against any creature goes against my creedo. I get its silly, it still makes me sad.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I know I'm probably not the best judge of feminine beauty, but that's just gross.
The abs are excessive, but not bad.

Now, the man hands in that pic... That's another story.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

RE: That dog gif.

As soon as I saw the little guy still moving, I had to close the spoiler window. There's some things that I still can't handle, and that's animal cruelty. "Free cat" isn't the same, since I'm going to assume (or hope) that the cat was dead before the sign was made.

ElJuski

ElJuski

oh hell no it's not "just a dog", it's unnecessary and that's awful. Way, way worse than Free Cat.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

What the hell is that?

Huh. No, that can't be....

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, RUN!

Apparently this is what happens after floods in Australia.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

That's nothing. I think it was after the tsunami in Japan that there were entire trees along the entire coast filled with spider webs.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I dunno Nick, entire trees or entire fields filled with spiders?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'd be more afraid to walk under one of those trees. Though I do recall the coastline of spider trees was why there was little to no mosquitoes spreading diseases.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Would you walk through that field?

And yeah, that's what I hear too. Obviuosly after floods there's a lot of stagnant water and therefore major mosquito infestations, so the spiders hang out in clusters like this, virtually erradicating the mosquito problem, then they spread back out when the water's resceded.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

So, every once in a while at work we get a trailer that has a fine piece of trailer art in it. Last week we got one that had a beaut. I don't know how people find the time to work on these, but I present to you:

IMG_0456.JPG

SeraRelm

Can it be called rule 34 if the "artist" probably can't count that high?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

No exceptions...

Terrik

Terrik

Spawn of the devil.

This is why flamethrowers were invited. This, and no other reason.

fade

fade

That Marge drawing... as much as I hate knocking your trailer artist down a notch, I've seen it in ads on some of the less savory sites I've been to. It was for one of those porn-of-popular-cartoon-characters sites.

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

WHAAAAAAAAT?!??! :aaah:

Next you'll be telling me the artist isn't classically trained ;)

fade

fade

Can't tell if you're playing along with my playing, or being a jerk...

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

Eh maybe 80/20. I probably should have gone Sera's route in my original post and used quotes around "art" & "beaut"

fade

fade

I mean, I figured you were being sarcastic in your OP. I was, too. The internet needs a sarcasm button.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Both? Can it be both? I'm guessing both.

ElJuski

ElJuski

aw hell yea Santa's Little Helper

get some

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

SeraRelm

GasBandit

GasBandit

The world is a place of horrific danger, it's astounding any of us are still alive.

Some of us court more than our fair share of said danger.

fade

fade

I kept expecting a car to come flying down the crossroad in that last one.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I kept expecting a car to come flying down the crossroad in that last one.
Just because it didn't happen THEN, doesn't mean it isn't fated to happen.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gasbandit the Optimist

Bones

Bones

Gasbandit the Amazing?

Soliloquy

Gasbandit the merciful!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gasbandit the merciful!
Just be sure that he does not turn his back on those orphans.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Gasbandit, the t-shirt! Gasbandit, the coloring book! Gasbandit, the lunch box! Gasbandit, the breakfast cereal! Gasbandit, the flamethrower! (The kids love this one)

GasBandit

GasBandit

GasBandit gives with one hand

... and with the other hand he taketh away.

Let that be a lesson to you. Every time you feed a fox cub, an airplane crashes into the sea.

Look closer you crybaby, the plane is fine, it keeps flying, you can see it a couple seconds later at a lower altitude climbing up. Sheesh

GasBandit

GasBandit

SeraRelm

fade

fade

What's with all those woman-eating snake cgi videos? They're all over YouTube.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Watching women being eaten by reptiles is a huge fetish. There are entire mangas, cgi strips etc on the subject.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Subsect of the vore fetish - something I don't particularly understand, but hey, it takes all types.

fade

fade

I won't judge it, but it just doesn't seem to have a sexual aspect to it. I mean, most fetishes you can see the sexual appeal, but I guess I just don't see it here. Then again, I don't really claim to know all the fetishes out there.

bhamv3

bhamv3

There's a fetish for the physical attack or torture of women. It's sort of like BDSM, except taken further. The Japanese call it ryona, I don't know if there's an English term for it.

Vore would probably count as a subset of the ryona fetish. Notice how there are tons of videos and pictures etc of women getting eaten by large reptiles, but very few of men. That's the sexual aspect - the suffering women.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

...That's the sexual aspect - the suffering women.
SOUNDS LIKE... oh never mind...

GasBandit

GasBandit

From the 7 worst sex lives in the animal kingdom, via cracked, I give you... the penis of the seed beetle.

Those are hard, sharp spikes, ladies.

That is, as science puts it, the "nightmarish penis" of the male seed beetle. It's a godawful doom-rod covered in sharp spikes and spines. This medieval torture device is about to go places you really don't want it to go.

You may be thinking that it probably isn't as bad as it looks, and maybe this is just what turns seed beetles on. But rest assured, it is every bit as bad as it looks. Female seed beetles sustain "heavy injuries" during sex, and all of their reproductive organs get severely damaged. They have even been known to die from it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

In related news: The sand beetle have the highest rate of lesbian coupling of any other animal group and in a shocking twist it has no gay male coupling group.

GasBandit

GasBandit

In related news: The sand beetle have the highest rate of lesbian coupling of any other mammal group and in a shocking twist it has no gay male coupling group.
/face. /palm.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yes, Yes I am.

I have corrected my error.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

In France, that is called the American Tickler.

drifter

drifter

Relevant

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yes, Yes I am.

I have corrected my error.
Well, be that as it may, those seed beetle lesbian gals better hope the males don't learn about how bedbugs do it.

drifter

drifter

FnordBear

FnordBear

Typical internet user.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

LIVE!

SeraRelm

She may need some regular visits...

SeraRelm

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Is that from "Beautiful Mind 2"?

SeraRelm

No, it's a television series from England. Psychoville

SeraRelm

SeraRelm

Not sure which I like better...

This,

or this.

Bowielee

Bowielee

The first one is more clear that it's supposed to bo Tottoro, but the second one is gorier.

Frank

Frank

SeraRelm

bhamv3

bhamv3

Pondered making a new thread, decided to just post this here.

Untitled.jpg

This is the banner ad I got just now. The Chinese text says, "Endless climaxes," and "Play (with it) however you want, for free." And then to the right it says "Plus a raffle for a Samsung Galaxy Note."

Apparently it's the ad for some online service or something, but I didn't click on it, because I doubt it'll offer the kind of endless climaxes I'm looking for.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Why must you hate the Big O, bhamv? Why?

SeraRelm

There's an inappropriate banner thread too. I give you guys all these great threads to use and do you weave a beautiful tapestry? No, you end up making...

My tapestry sweatshop will never get started this way. :(

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

SeraRelm

Why do they have insect eyes?

SeraRelm

SeraRelm

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Prepare to lose all faith in humanity.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Not aimed at you, Nick, but still... *repeated headwheel*

bhamv3

bhamv3

Well... let's... let's look on the bright side. At least they were willing to try reading Dracula, right? I mean, lots of Twilight readers don't ever give themselves that chance. At least they were willing to try the classic....

No, I can't go on. This is just idiotic. It's like reading Lord of the Rings and then complaining that Gandalf uses a staff rather than a phoenix feather wand. Or reading I, Robot and complaining about how different it is from the film. Or reading Romeo and Juliet and complaining about how it's actually about a seventeen year old falling in love with a thirteen year old, and how their whirlwind romance causes six deaths over the course of a few days.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That poor tree!

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

K-click! Targets aquired.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That poor tree!

--Patrick
I kinda feel bad for the lift operator who likely died.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wouldn't count on that. I tend to assume everyone makes it out alive unless proven otherwise, like that Brazilian car-runs-through-peloton vid.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Man do I LOVES me some rotten, dot com!

Attachments

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Me: "Oh god, why am I about to click this? I can SEE what its called! Why am I clicking on it?! Okay I have a split second here to close the tab before it loads, I don't have to look at this. WHY AM I LOOKING AT THIS?!"

ElJuski

ElJuski

that is pretty much how this thread goes for me every single time

Terrik

Terrik

Me: "Oh god, why am I about to click this? I can SEE what its called! Why am I clicking on it?! Okay I have a split second here to close the tab before it loads, I don't have to look at this. WHY AM I LOOKING AT THIS?!"
Your reply made me want to click on it.

My God.

Soliloquy

To be fair, though... have you tried reading Dracula? It's downright grueling.

Then again, I've heard the same thing about Twilight.

SeraRelm

I didn't mind reading it.

Bowielee

Bowielee

To be fair, though... have you tried reading Dracula? It's downright grueling.

Then again, I've heard the same thing about Twilight.
I've read it no less than 4 times and if you think it's grueling, well... I weep for the future of humanity.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Different strokes for different folks, it's perfectly ok to not like Dracula.

To dislike Dracula for it being too different from Twilight though, now that's going a bit far.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

You know what they
banjo-goiter-5.jpg
say about guys with big necks.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That they have goiters?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

That they have goiters?
CORRECT! COOKIE FOR YOU! When I can find a picture of a cookie in the mouth of a dead dog...

PatrThom

PatrThom

Rotten hasn't updated in what, a decade or so now? They used to be the place for that stuff, too.
Thank goodness nobody has posted any tonsolith removal GIFs. Whew!

EDIT: This picture ... so many questions come to mind.

...like for instance, with so many spares, why get the one filling?

--Patrick

LittleSin

LittleSin

Poor guy/girl. I wonder if they had a cleft palate. Luckily, Jet hasn't had any such....things happen but they warned my it was common for those with cleft palate to grown many extra teeth through the roof of their mouth. :(

drifter

drifter

Hyperdontia is a real thing, but that is a 'shop.

PatrThom

PatrThom

If it is, it's a really, really good one.

--Patrick

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Rotten hasn't updated in what, a decade or so now? They used to be the place for that stuff, too.
Thank goodness nobody has posted any tonsolith removal GIFs. Whew!

EDIT: This picture ... so many questions come to mind.

...like for instance, with so many spares, why get the one filling?

--Patrick
I'm not so much weirded out, more or less confused how this guy/girl could eat! I mean...damn. I though I had it rough by having six wisdom teeth but this...damn.

drifter

drifter

There are color/lighting inconsistencies, but probably the most apparent giveaway is that all those extra bicuspids and molars are resized copies.

Dave

Dave

If that's a girl there's no way she's getting close to my junk.

drifter

drifter

We need a Sounds like Nick's prom night button.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yep. After closer inspection (when not on an iPod) one of those bicuspids has been cloned and rotated more than a few times, but it's still an impressive job of making sure they all pack correctly.

--Patrick

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

You know what? I'm going to veer us away from the horrors for a bit and post something I think is just awesome:
fireflies photographed with slow exposure
enhanced-buzz-22842-1330238312-7.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2158-1330238365-6.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2158-1330238328-4.jpg

enhanced-buzz-2152-1330237760-4.jpg

enhanced-buzz-932-1330238231-86.jpg

I would credit the photographer, because he or she deserves it for sure. But I actually have no idea who it is. These were on Buzzfeed with no link to the source.

****EDIT: drifter found the source: Tsuneaki Hiramatsu

Just Me

Just Me

"OMG, I see strange lights, and they are everywhere!"

Nice pictures, really. Totally reminds me of the Cajun firefly revelry in Kis The Frog, especially the third one.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The second picture reminds me of floating glow-in-the-dark snakes.

Which would be awesome.

drifter

drifter

I believe the original artist is Tsuneaki Hiramatsu. Here's a link to this series on his photoblog.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Those pictures are cool to do! Basically you get a camera and set it's exposure for a looonnngggg time and at night time take a picture (with flash) after the flast go out there with a glow stick or what have you and make the lights then when the picture is done exposing it comes out like that. They turn out awesome! (learned that at diyphotography.net)

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

If that's a girl there's no way she's getting close to my junk.
Dude, teeth in the mouth ain't nothin' to worry about. It's when you get a chick like this-

-that you'll have to wory.

And now for your weird pic of the day!

And before you ask, no it's not a dick. It's a horn. People have horns sometimes.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

fade

fade

Vagina dentata! Vagina dentata! They do exist!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I cannot believe that that is a real myth. Society is weird.

fade

fade

Is it? I was quoting the movie.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Yeah the movie is based on a reeeally old myth.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Is it? I was quoting the movie.
Yeah, it was spread to keep people from pre-marital sex and lessen rape. Scientists believe that the logical reason for such a thing would be cists on the body that could have teeth. However, not many cases have been seen so it is most probably more myth than fact.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

...the rape Axe. I will admit...that is awesome. Man, rape-capital of the world. That is freakin scary.

SeraRelm

¡ʇıɥs ɐ ǝʌıƃ ʇ,usǝop ɹǝʇsɯɐH

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, to be honest, it wouldn't prevent rape as much as make it instant revenge on the rapist. I mean, he'd still have to penetrate her for it to hurt him, and if she told him about it, he'd just remove it and rape her anyway.

Either way, you pretty much just end up with a pissed off rapist, which is never a good thing.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Well, to be honest, it wouldn't prevent rape as much as make it instant revenge on the rapist. I mean, he'd still have to penetrate her for it to hurt him, and if she told him about it, he'd just remove it and rape her anyway.

Either way, you pretty much just end up with a pissed off rapist, which is never a good thing.
Yes, but anyone whering it is immediately sent to jail!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

True but I sincerely doubt the perpetrator would be able to do anything but writh in agony the moment he moved during the penetration. He'd get one thrust then the victim could escape during the immediate pain/confusion. There's no way he'd be chasing her in his situation at that point.

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is assuming she lets him run, amrite?

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

True but I sincerely doubt the perpetrator would be able to do anything but writh in agony the moment he moved during the penetration. He'd get one thrust then the victim could escape during the immediate pain/confusion. There's no way he'd be chasing her in his situation at that point.
Most rapes are usually performed on people who are pinned and nearly helpless. The rapist in that situation could cause a great amount of harm (possibly more than he might have just by committing rape). It's a lose/lose situation either way.

Dave

Dave

Because most rapes are win/win?

Frank

Frank

I don't think I was saying that at all. All I'm saying is that I think there's a chance that tooth condom could make the situation worse for the victim.

SeraRelm

Only in anime.

fade

fade

I don't think the guy, hopped up on adrenaline, is going to go down like a pile of jelly either. It'll hurt like hell later, but right then he could just see red and rip her head off.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Frank, I may not have one, but I'm guessing that spines suddenly entering your penis when you're expecting a pleasurable feeling would drop you like a sack of potatoes grabbing your piece and trying to figure out what's causing the non stop pain? Wouldn't that give the victim time to run?

Frank

Frank

It could go either way, as I said. There is a very real chance it could give an opportunity to escape but I think it could very well put you in greater danger, such as in a situation where there are multiple attackers. I honestly think Mace would be a more effective tool (In my experience anyway, very few people are resistant to OC spray).

Dave

Dave

very few people are resistant to OC spray).
I know if he sprayed me I'd hate it.

Frank

Frank

I know you were making a joke, but that shit is literally the worst. Having been both tasered and sprayed, I would rather be tasered 22 times in a row than go through the hour of pain followed by day of discomfort from one spray. It literally feels like someone sets your face on fire.

We're being issued a stronger variety of it now too. I pity the poor son of a bitch who gets it used on them.

SeraRelm

Protesters?:troll:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Comedy. Gold. SeraRelm :rofl:

SeraRelm

COMPARE!

Analysis
Yoda: Small in stature, big pointy ears, odd complexion, odd speech patterns, magic powers, dressed in rags.
Dobby: Small in stature, big pointy ears, odd complexion, odd speech patterns, magic powers, dressed in rags.

Yoda was a house elf.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Dobby could teleport, therefore he wins by default.

Dave

Dave

Dobby could teleport, therefore he wins by default.
So could Yoda. He just chose not to. Like R2D2 never chose to fly anywhere when obviously he could.

SeraRelm

It's not a vs battle, it's a comparison showing Yoda to be a house elf.

fade

fade

Yeah, I helped out at the academy when my wife and her class got sprayed. Nothing like seeing cornfed boys crying, and saying they'd rather get kicked in the balls 5 times than have that again.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Dobby: Vulnerable to bladed weapons.

Yoda: Not vulnerable to anything at all.

Conclusion: If Yoda's a house elf, then he's the most badass mother elfer ever.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

It could go either way, as I said. There is a very real chance it could give an opportunity to escape but I think it could very well put you in greater danger, such as in a situation where there are multiple attackers. I honestly think Mace would be a more effective tool (In my experience anyway, very few people are resistant to OC spray).
In my experience the more adrenaline in your system the less that OC spray has any effect what so ever

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

In my experience the more adrenaline in your system the less that OC spray has any effect what so ever
That or booze. Or any kind of drug, really...

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

That or booze. Or any kind of drug, really...
True LOL I've OCed guys on bad trips before, that was a fun time especially since it was like 10 minutes before I got off shift, yay OT to fill out a UOF report.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I know it stands for Oleoresin Capsicum, but I keep thinking you've just boosted these guys' clock speed somehow (caffeine? amphetamines?).

--Patrick

Just Me

Just Me

I know it stands for Oleoresin Capsicum, but I keep thinking you've just boosted these guys' clock speed somehow (caffeine? amphetamines?).

--Patrick
So I learned something new today. I knew it was some kind of abbreviation, but instantly read it as Officer Charon doing something...
Let's get this guy Officer Charoned! /spray

Sorry! :(

PatrThom

PatrThom

Let's get this guy Officer Charoned! /spray
Much funnier than my explanation.

--Patrick

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Protesters?:troll:
Time to water the hippies...

jwhouk

jwhouk

There are some people out there who thrive on OC/pepper spray. Of course, if you keep using it routinely in an enclosed space for a long period of time, you can develop a tolerance/resistance to it.

drifter

drifter

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

jwhouk

jwhouk

Nah, that's not a bad pic. Nichelle's obviously a little old, but c'mon.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This isn't the "bad" picture thread, it's the thread of pictures that aren't funny. That means regular pictures as well as horrifying.

SeraRelm

SeraRelm

The dog was ok.

Peter was awesome.

I have no idea.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

The dog was ok.

Peter was awesome.

I have no idea.
Ah man I forgot about that movie! That face will haunt me forever. Look up Cinema Snob.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Tee hee. Sinful Dwarf!

Covar

Covar

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Do. Not. Cross. The... BOOOOM! Streams.

drifter

drifter

Made from sheets of colored paper. Some more here.

Dirona

Dirona

Just kind of cool: inside instruments.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Nice fiddle.

SeraRelm

fade

fade

That's what they get for having a front window made out of sugar.

SeraRelm

Me at work today.

drifter

drifter

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

533029_353993124636361_130940650274944_868047_1971773832_n.jpg

(And it's not a photoshop, either)

SeraRelm

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

PatrThom

PatrThom

zOMG kittens are so ADORABLE, so CUDDLY, so...
kitmunch.jpg

...umm...hungry?

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I'm too lazy to link each photo individually and copy and paste the write up for each one, but here is a link to the 2012 Pulitzer Prize for feature photography winning set, of a US Marine returned from Iraq suffering from PTSD:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/heartbreaking-photos-of-a-troubled-iraq-war-vetera

PatrThom

PatrThom

Barnett.jpg

Time for a sea change...

--Patrick

SeraRelm

BananaHands

BananaHands

CG'd ball is CG'd.

Still cool. There's one of these machines in the back of where I'm working right now. I should take some video of some balls blowing up. It's awesome.

Terrik

Terrik

Describe these balls.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Describe these balls.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Frank

Frank

Comic was ripped off from the John Ritter movie Skin Deep. That exact scene happens in it, only instead of them being excited, all you see is a glow in the dark condom fight.

HERE WE GO! Well, the scene's dubbed here:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I wouldn't call that exact, really. I didn't hear a single lightsaber sound.

Frank

Frank

No, that's true, actually my memory of the movie was totally off. I hadn't seen it since the early 90's.

Premise is similar.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

John Ritter. He was amazing. That is all.

PatrThom

PatrThom

He was the straight-and-narrow version of Chevy Chase.

--Patrick

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

He was the straight-and-narrow version of Chevy Chase.

--Patrick
Call me juvenile, but that part made me laugh.

Bowielee

Bowielee

John Ritter. He was amazing. That is all.
Although it's completely true that Johnathan Ritter was amazing. Skin Deep sucked ass.

Frank

Frank

Although it's completely true that Johnathan Ritter was amazing. Skin Deep sucked ass.
Literally the only thing I remember about it is the condom fight in the dark and that it stars John Ritter. That's it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Well, John Ritter was funny the entire time he was famous. Chevy had a couple rough decades of crap, though I hear he's pretty good in Community.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Literally the only thing I remember about it is the condom fight in the dark and that it stars John Ritter. That's it.
I think it was also the movie that sunk the career of the girl who played Tasha Yar on Star Trek:TNG.

"I'm leaving this crappy sci fi show to become a movie star!" Whelp, I hope you got paid well for Pet Cemetery, because it was the only good movie you ever starred in.

SeraRelm

Call me juvenile, but that part made me laugh.
This.
I think it was also the movie that sunk the career of the girl who played Tasha Yar on Star Trek:TNG.

"I'm leaving this crappy sci fi show to become a movie star!" Whelp, I hope you got paid well for Pet Cemetery, because it was the only good movie you ever starred in.
Yet she is forever remembered for it.

(leaving ST:TNG, not Pet Cemetery.)

fade

fade

She was Dexter's first kill.

SeraRelm

Gusto

Gusto

Interestingly enough, the first time I saw Tasha in TNG I was like "hey that's the prison guard from Red Shoe Diaries".

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

This actually could go one step further, so it's not wholly accurate:

GasBandit

GasBandit

This actually could go one step further, so it's not wholly accurate:
Pepsodent isn't under PepsiCo? MY WORLD IS TOPSY TURVY

BananaHands

BananaHands

Bowielee

Bowielee

That is simultaneously disgusting and hilarious.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Pepsodent isn't under PepsiCo? MY WORLD IS TOPSY TURVY
Never heard of Pepsodent before. If I had to guess, it probably got it's name because it contains pepsin.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Never heard of Pepsodent before. If I had to guess, it probably got it's name because it contains pepsin.
Yeah, it's old people toothpaste. I've only ever seen it on the counter of relatives over 60. Most everybody else has some Crest variant, along with the occasional die hard Colgate holdout.

jwhouk

jwhouk

"You'll wonder where the yellow went, when you brush your teeth with Pepsodent!"

drifter

drifter

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Looking good.

Docseverin

Docseverin

I just wet myself, oh the fun we could have.

base.jpg
<----not me.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey, remember the hot dog crust pizza?
Well, what would happen if someone else took that idea, and ran even farther with it?

Untitled-1115.jpg

And what if the perpetrator was actually...Pizza Hut?
(You can watch the TV spots here...if you dare)

Oh, and if you don't like beef, you can totally get these with chicken filets instead.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I think that looks delicious. I wish I could eat it.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I'm sure it's nothing you couldn't replicate with a melon baller and some Pillsbury.

--Patrick

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm sure it's nothing you couldn't replicate with a melon baller and some Pillsbury.
Oh, I could create something very similar, but I couldn't eat it. Not without having it tear my insides apart. The frustrations of health problems and not being able to properly digest grains.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ah. Diverticulitis/Celiac's/IBS have ways of sucking all the pleasure out of eating.

--Patrick

SeraRelm

What the hell is that thing?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pizza Hut's attempt to "shake things up" and get tongues wagging, no doubt.

--Patrick

SeraRelm

next up, macaroni and cheese pizza.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

next up, macaroni and cheese pizza.
Already have that at Cici's Pizza.

SeraRelm

Already have that at Cici's Pizza.

Null

Null

I remember he nailed a bodybuilder chick early in the movie. Think she went on to be an American Gladiator.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And Cici's Mac and Cheese pizza ain't bad, actually.

SeraRelm

And Cici's Mac and Cheese pizza ain't bad, actually.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But they used to have this "chicken club" pizza that had chicken and bacon and a white sauce instead of tomato sauce that was absolutely awesome. I miss that pizza. They lost me as a regular when they discontinued it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I still go for the amazing BBQ pizza. Topped with just a dab of Blue Cheese dressing it's AHMAHZAHING.

SeraRelm

I tried a chicken bbq pizza in this area before. It was horrible... I do like Hawaiian though.

fade

fade

Last time I went to Cici's the whole family got sick. I think we're off them for a while.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Last time I went to Cici's the whole family got sick. I think we're off them for a while.
It's pizza. How do you get sick from pizza? Ya bunch of thin stomach lined pansies!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I still go for the amazing BBQ pizza. Topped with just a dab of Blue Cheese dressing it's AHMAHZAHING.
You are so Texan.

Though, we like that shit down in Florida too, but somehow that just makes me think of Texas.

fade

fade

It's pizza. How do you get sick from pizza? Ya bunch of thin stomach lined pansies!
Bad handling?

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Bad pepperoni, bad sausage, bad bacon, bad chicken, unsanitary food preperation conditions.... same way you get sick eating anything, really.

I don't think we have "Cici's" here. Never heard of it before.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Weaklings. The lot of you!

SeraRelm

I prefer Indian food. Let's talk about stomach lining?

BananaHands

BananaHands

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Wow, I could have animated in the 80s/90s way more easily than now. Look at how much the lines are boiling frame to frame. Hell, the pizza is ROTATING IN THE BOX, cause the animator clearly just didn't care to do trace backs.

Incidentally, cartoon pizza looks delicious. All Dog's Go To Heaven has the best looking pizza ever. Ninja Turtles is second place pizza.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I prefer Indian food. Let's talk about stomach lining?
Absolutely. Thai too.

SeraRelm

Oh, you like getting Thai'd?

GasBandit

GasBandit

drifter

drifter

This one's for Docseverin: 71,850 ft.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Huh, so Red Bull DOES give you wings.

ElJuski

ElJuski

no. I refuse to believe this.

Bowielee

Bowielee

no. I refuse to believe this.
I know, right. The tattoo artist put the mouth arrow the wrong direction. I can't believe it either.
:troll:

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Don't know about you guys, but doesn't cici's make pizza that you want if you ask them to?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Don't know about you guys, but doesn't cici's make pizza that you want if you ask them to?
The one I was talking about required that special sauce, and apparently they didn't get any more when that item was discontinued.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Alfredo sauce? Man your CiCi's sucks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alfredo sauce? Man your CiCi's sucks.
I got the feeling there was more to it than that.

Docseverin

Docseverin

This one's for Docseverin: 71,850 ft.

Felix is an absolute badass, one day I hope to be a Redbull athlete

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I will freely admit it: I do not have the testicular fortitude to do some crazy shit like that.

fade

fade

To me personally, that would be less scary than skydiving from a tiny plane, just because the earth is so removed from the ground conceptually, that it wouldn't seem as dangerous.

fade

fade

Nanananananananana BAT-STACHE!
535663_442361085780305_159486270734456_1899248_638673402_n.jpg

Also, picture unrelated:
581505_365682450133952_202726653096200_936308_709201198_n.jpg

SeraRelm

How to get that winning smile!

drifter

drifter

SeraRelm

And this just seems an inappropriate headline.

"It's ok, since he was a bully."

Null

Null

"That'll show him."

Edit: that seems to be the attitude of the headline.

SeraRelm

"And that's how we stopped bullying on Halforums."

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm glad I didn't read this thread back-to-front. The beginning images are by far the worst. That, or I've been insensitized by them to the later ones.
Odd thing is the only ones I can see coming back in my nightmares are the maggots-in-foot and maggots-on-leg ones. And I'm glad no-one posted lotus boob - I know it's a photoshop, but it still makes me cringe every single time. Gah.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Lotus Boob is so two thousand late.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You want body horror? Dat hip.

Adam

Adam

I will freely admit it: I do not have the testicular fortitude to do some crazy shit like that.
For me, the hardest part is the plane ride up. Oh and maybe jumping out. After that, it's pretty much like lying on the world's largest air mattress: ignoring the 6.6 sextillion tonnes of hard rock racing at you.

drifter

drifter

Dragon Falls, Venezuela

GasBandit

GasBandit

I wonder how long it will be before suicide bombers realize as much havoc could be wrought by self-detonating in line at the TSA checkpoint as on a plane.

Quoted for image size
On a lighter note,

PatrThom

PatrThom

Airplanes. Flying movie theaters.

Also, many's the time I figured that 6 random, widely-spaced fanatics equipped with gas cans could do so much more damage to life and property in a dry summer than any meticulously planned event. And they wouldn't even have to die.

--Patrick

Gared

Gared

Exactly. Look at what happened to Greece, whatever summer it was where they had all of those massive wildfires and at least some of them were found to be arson.

bhamv3

bhamv3

And, possibly coincientally, Sosp disappeared off the face of the Earth immediately afterwards.

Yes yes, I know he said he's joining up with the Greek army, but still.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I then wonder why all my friends are piling all these 'apps' into their facebook accounts.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wonder how long it will be before suicide bombers realize as much havoc could be wrought by self-detonating in line at the TSA checkpoint as on a plane.
Some "security" specialist told a school that I worked for that they should not open the school doors until the bell rang for the first class. Then have all the kids go through a metal detector, that would be run by unarmed teachers.

My reply to the principal was that would only serve to greatly increase casualties. Because you would have 1,400 students pushed up against locked doors. A gunman would just need to get in the back of the pack and start shooting. Thus causing the students to panic and trample and crush one another as they try to flee.

Or if the student comes to school late, all the metal detector would do is get two teachers killed when it alerts on the gun.

fade

fade

I don't know how much of this I should say, but I worked for a company for a while that developed weapon scanning tech. At at least some airports, I know those security checkpoints are more about the xray than the metal detectors. There are very capable room-wide detectors out there that can find and even classify weapons on a person in a crowd, like something from scifi. You may be surprised how much of the visible infrastructure is about psychology more than actual weapon detection.

fade

fade

On a complete different note, one of my friends who is a cop found this on the street next to his patrol car one morning recently (tagging Officer_Charon Frank ):

540027_10150678516287307_640032306_9878062_1476857575_n.jpg

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, that's nice.

And yes, working in security, I can confirm that by the time you get to those checkpoints where you have to take the laptop out of the bag and throw away bottles of water and whatever, in the larger airports, you've already been scanned, at least once, from behind a blind wall. People being chosen to be searched aren't as random as they may seem.

Mind you, I do still think most of those security measures - even the ones you don't see - are useless. Give me 5 people who are genuinely willing to die to take as many people as possible with them, and I can have them cause *easily* as much deaths as 9/11 with household supplies. Terrorists don't, for various reasons. Nutjobs might, someday, though. The important thing about terrorism isn't the amount of deaths - it's the amount of terror you cause. *shrug* We - security, police, armed services of various types - do our best, but you can't stop terrorism without stopping freedom. Living in an Orwellian world is thee only alternative, and I wouldn't count that as a "win" for the good guys.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Exactly, but try getting the mundanes to understand that.

The sheeple want to be wrapped in a "security blanket" so they feel like they don't have to do anything. They forget - or rather, fob off on someone else - the responsibilities indicated by Jefferson's immortal quote: "The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance."

Vigilance cannot be handed off to someone who's willing to put their ass on the line - it's the responsibility of anyone who wants to be afforded it's protection. I'll bust my hump to help someone else out, but you've got to be willing to help yourself, or else anything that we on the Line do is for nothing.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada (for some reason):
stephen_harper_nude.jpg

SeraRelm

You said sheeple...
:(

GasBandit

GasBandit

You said sheeple...
It's just such a great shorthand for common human group behavior though, isn't it?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

That dot is the smallest Government coverup that I've ever run across.

SeraRelm

It's just such a great shorthand for common human group behavior though, isn't it?
You are playing

with fire.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You are playing

with fire.
If only it were that easy.

drifter

drifter

fade

fade

Your Moenkopi is showing.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Your Moenkopi is showing.
Gazer.

drifter

drifter

Oh schist

fade

fade

Dear Diary,

Today I got some non geologists to engage in geohumor with me. For one brief, shining moment, all was right with the world.

--Fade

P.S. Not sure if drifter qualifies as a geologist, as he is a rock. With a mouth.

ElJuski

ElJuski

man now I wish I paid attention to when my best friend Chase tells his lame ass rock jokes.

SeraRelm

Completely...

fucking...

amazing.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I don't know what's going on. :awesome:

SeraRelm

Calvin and Hobbes are hunting down a ruthless Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Actually, I missed that there was a new page full of awesome pictures.

My confusion was directed towards geology.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Calvin and Hobbes are hunting down a ruthless Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin.
I would suggest that it is the opposite, but Calvin certainly does get a lot of mileage out of a cardboard box and some imagination, doesn't he?

--Patrick

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

Dear Diary,

Today I got some non geologists to engage in geohumor with me. For one brief, shining moment, all was right with the world.

--Fade

P.S. Not sure if drifter qualifies as a geologist, as he is a rock. With a mouth.
If drifter is himself a rock, wouldn't researching rocks make him a Geneologist?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Um, yeah... (obviously an old ad)

fade

fade

Seems legit.

Frank

Frank

Hey, they were right!

GasBandit

GasBandit

It does seem to me that increasing voter rolls by approximately 100% would indeed double the "irresponsible vote."

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I hate the "collective public" so much. So very very much.

SeraRelm

This is the Not so funny pic thread.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

There's NOTHING humorous about that picture. At all.

SeraRelm

I guess I'm just more habromaniacal.

fade

fade

Yeah but it wasn't cancelled for low ratings. It was cancelled because it cost too much to make. Much bigger return on investment with a "reality" show.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It was cancelled because it didn't get enough time to make up the cost to make, which was due to the low ratings, which was due to the bad scheduling by Fox. They could have easily continued the series, selling all kinds of swag, and making movies based on longer episode ideas.

I'm very much willing to bet that shit like Stargate was more expensive per episode than Firefly.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Stupid businessmen, always driven by ROI instead of FTB.

--Patrick

Frank

Frank

It was cancelled because it didn't get enough time to make up the cost to make, which was due to the low ratings, which was due to the bad scheduling by Fox. They could have easily continued the series, selling all kinds of swag, and making movies based on longer episode ideas.

I'm very much willing to bet that shit like Stargate was more expensive per episode than Firefly.
Stargate was filmed in and subsidized by the Canadian government.

Probably why it ran 159 seasons despite being terrible (yeah I said it Stargate fans, that show sucked).

SeraRelm

Richard Dean Anderson
Claudia Black

*drops mic*

Frank

Frank

Claudia Black was only in the last season (s?) and was a shadow of her awesome Farscape self.

SeraRelm

And you say nothing of Richard Dean Anderson because you cannot deny!

Also, the Groundhogs Day episode was amazing... So was the Wormhole Extreme episode... And the Team America episode.

Frank

Frank

I don't know what you're talking about because the show is bad.

Wahad

Wahad

I don't know what you're talking about because the show is bad.
First few seasons were awesome, but then the ori came in and all the spinoffs started and everything just went tits-up.

Also, can I get a source on those Calvin&Hobbes pictures up above?

SeraRelm

Stargate Atlantis = Mostly crap.
Stargate SGU = ALL crap.
Stargate SG1 = early fucking awesome turning to crap.

I totally agree with Wahad, the only thing that brought me back into loving it after the Ori was Claudia Black.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Then and now (13 years)-

GasBandit

GasBandit

Spotted in Cannes: The poster for REAL ACTUAL MOVIE THAT EXISTS: You Can’t Kill Stephen King. The flick recently was picked up for international distribution, but no release date yet. Catch the trailer here.

SeraRelm

BEHOLD!

I'll be harvesting your kidneys in an orderly fashion.

drifter

drifter

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Then and now (13 years)-

She's still hot... At least for someone I assume to be either a convicted felon or a yakuza gang member.

SeraRelm

Ok, it's funny, but I find it more asesome than funny, so I'll put it in here.

The Ladies of HalDisney.

(Or at least how I'd see us if we dressed the part)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The question is: who's who?

SeraRelm

Dib's on Belle.
Shegokigo could be Jasmine,
LittleSin could be Ariel,
HowDroll could be Aurora,
Cajungal could be Snow White,
Who else could be who...

SeraRelm

I just noticed Belle and Jasmine are the only two with their tongues out... :awesome:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm not as good at cleaning. Or vibrato. But I'll take it! One time a squirrel and a sparrow actually sat on a bench with me while I played my ukulele. :awesome:

SeraRelm

I was mostly thinking of how you take care of little folks. :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'aww :)

SeraRelm

If I say LittleKagsin could be Alice, would that imply I think she's going to be beat up, or would the thematic "good at traveling to wonderlands" shine through?:D

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

If I say LittleKagsin could be Alice, would that imply I think she's going to be beat up, or would the thematic "good at traveling to wonderlands" shine through?:D

jwhouk

jwhouk

That would leave Cinderella.

SeraRelm

Amorous Eyes, for the tireless work here?

(edit: and great shoes?)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Does that mean she works with rats?

SeraRelm

A'ight.

makare

I just set it to only I can see it so I don't worry about it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Kurt Vonnegut was right -

This man is 69 years old.
He drove a truck for 28 years.
The premature aging from sun damage to the left side of his face is extensive enough to warrant a feature in theNew England Journal of Medicine.
Trucker or not, don’t forget your sunscreen.

ElJuski

ElJuski

<.< wait, Kurt Vonnegut was right about what?

GasBandit

GasBandit

<.< wait, Kurt Vonnegut was right about what?
A fictitious commencement address regularly attributed to Vonnegut.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the class of '97:

Wear sunscreen.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long-term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this advice now.

Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, never mind. You will not understand the power and beauty of your youth until they've faded. But trust me, in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine.

Don't worry about the future. Or worry, but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing bubble gum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4 pm on some idle Tuesday.

Do one thing every day that scares you.

Sing.

Don't be reckless with other people's hearts. Don't put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Floss.

Don't waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you're ahead, sometimes you're behind. The race is long and, in the end, it's only with yourself.

Remember compliments you receive. Forget the insults. If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old love letters. Throw away your old bank statements.

Stretch.

Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't.

Get plenty of calcium. Be kind to your knees. You'll miss them when they're gone.

Maybe you'll marry, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll have children, maybe you won't. Maybe you'll divorce at 40, maybe you'll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary. Whatever you do, don't congratulate yourself too much, or berate yourself either. Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's.

Enjoy your body. Use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or of what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you'll ever own.

Dance, even if you have nowhere to do it but your living room.

Read the directions, even if you don't follow them.

Do not read beauty magazines. They will only make you feel ugly.

Get to know your parents. You never know when they'll be gone for good. Be nice to your siblings. They're your best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. Work hard to bridge the gaps in geography and lifestyle, because the older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.

Live in New York City once, but leave before it makes you hard. Live in Northern California once, but leave before it makes you soft. Travel.

Accept certain inalienable truths: Prices will rise. Politicians will philander. You, too, will get old. And when you do, you'll fantasize that when you were young, prices were reasonable, politicians were noble, and children respected their elders.

Respect your elders.

Don't expect anyone else to support you. Maybe you have a trust fund. Maybe you'll have a wealthy spouse. But you never know when either one might run out.

Don't mess too much with your hair or by the time you're 40 it will look 85.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia.

Dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it's worth.

But trust me on the sunscreen.

ElJuski

ElJuski

ohhhhh, how could I forget

GasBandit

GasBandit

ohhhhh, how could I forget
Your brain no longer functions correctly, if in fact it ever did.

ElJuski

ElJuski

GasBandit

GasBandit

ElJuski

ElJuski

I'm reporting you.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm reporting you.
And you're a sissy.

ElJuski

ElJuski

you're a turkey.

Terrik

Terrik

I'm hungry
Peasant.

Pheasant.

Bowielee

Bowielee

SeraRelm

M is for Mathias.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Mathias is no Ghastlycrumb Tiny.

--Patrick

SeraRelm

P is for Patrick.jpg

PatrThom

PatrThom

Pssht. Like I ever go to bars.

You must mean my coworker.

--Patrick

SeraRelm

Frank

Frank

Fhwat?

PatrThom

PatrThom

SeraRelm

drifter

drifter

I can just imagine this as wee Tinwhistler

Artist is Vladimir Zotov, by the way.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

^The ability to play an instrument brings in the Pussy.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

makare

See that's why I always take a sledgehammer with me when I pee.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

nope.gif

PatrThom

PatrThom

Seen that already, and I still don't think that was really necessary. I mean, there's a perfectly good bathtub sitting right there.

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

Cupcakes

FnordBear

FnordBear

nsfw
I'm not sure I want to pick that pocket.

SeraRelm

Holy crap, it was so bad it broke the image link!

FnordBear

FnordBear

Holy crap, it was so bad it broke the image link!
*sigh* That's what happens when I don't pay attention to copypaste links. Fixed.

SeraRelm

Shouldn't it be Noster Brown-Eye?

FnordBear

FnordBear

I'm not sure...but I do believe he is giving her the stink eye.

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's The Skyrim Job, starring Ed Noster as "Steve" and Mos Def as "Left 'Eagle' Eye."
Coming soon.

--Patrick
(Disclaimer: I have never seen The Italian Job)

drifter

drifter

Might've already seen it, but dang if this ain't cool. Long exposures from the ISS. More here.

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's cool. I'm guessing the bright spots on the planet surface are lightning flashes.

What impresses me even more is how stable the orientation of the station is. Must have good gyros.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Nixon was jealous of the Buckingham Palace guards, resulting in this atrocity in 1970...

SeraRelm

contractorange.jpg

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

So. Not. Right.

SeraRelm

"There was me, that is Kyubey, and my three Puela Magi, that is Mami, Sayuka, and Madoka, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus Soul Gems or Grief Seeds or Witch Kisses, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-contract."

SeraRelm

mew?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Damn. I didn't know I needed a wax that badly.

SeraRelm

*whispers* It's blinking at me...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

*whispers* It's blinking at me...
That's my line!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Got all sorts of good space-related pictures, as they slideshow as my desktop.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

SeraRelm

And that's where catgirls come from.

PatrThom

PatrThom

starburst_castle.jpg

:awesome:

--Patrick

SeraRelm

^Sweet jesus...
:csi:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

^Sweet jesus...
:csi:

Malwarebytes does not like that site. :(

SeraRelm

Fixed just for you. my MWB ignored it. I kind of block all that shit out.

GasBandit

GasBandit

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM OH GOD KILL ME NOM NOM NOM

drifter

drifter

That makes me wonder: is there Minecraft candy? I totally want creepers filled with Pop Rocks.
Added at: 12:22
Oh, the automerge works again. Nice.

Hi-res version here

GasBandit

GasBandit

fade

fade

Is that BananaHands ?

ElJuski

ElJuski

yeah, if you slapped like fifteen pounds on him

Jax

Jax

If he is, then he's probably BananaNohands now..

BananaHands

BananaHands

yeah, if you slapped like fifteen pounds on him
Gonna take the high-road here, Colin Farrell.

PatrThom

PatrThom

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM OH GOD KILL ME NOM NOM NOM
Ooo, then you'll love the part where once they had gorged their fill, they just threw the rest in the garbage.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ooo, then you'll love the part where once they had gorged their fill, they just threw the rest in the garbage.

--Patrick
(Screaming in a wavelength beyond human auditory reception)

drifter

drifter

Not really gory, but possibly disturbing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That looks extremely hazardous. Source/story?

--Patrick

drifter

drifter

In the comments it's claimed she tried to commit suicide, although in the video I managed to find it looks more accidental.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80798278/

Maybe Terrik, bhamv3, or mr_thehun would care to translate?

fade

fade

Hey, it's the Emperor from Revenge of the Sith!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/victim-of-miami-cannibal-attack-awake-walking-and

Honestly? I saw photos from the day of the attack. He's looking much better already.

bhamv3

bhamv3

In the comments it's claimed she tried to commit suicide, although in the video I managed to find it looks more accidental.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80798278/

Maybe Terrik, bhamv3, or mr_thehun would care to translate?
Looks like a suicide attempt to me. The firemen are yelling at her to come down, to tell them what's wrong, and why she's up there, and she keeps shaking her head. She then starts ranting, waving her hand around, which results in her finger accidentally touching the cable, which then leads to her getting Pikachu'd.

fade

fade

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/victim-of-miami-cannibal-attack-awake-walking-and

Honestly? I saw photos from the day of the attack. He's looking much better already.
Yeah, but how long until he turns?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

ElJuski

ElJuski

no harm, it was defanged.

drifter

drifter

Tarantula infected with a parasitic fungus (Cordyceps)