[MMO] The Secret World goes f2p, and it's good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that my outfit and my gear are 2 different things is winner.

I also found the big clothing store in London and then all my PAX was gone. /shame
I totally know how you feel, left about 250k of PAX there in one go...

I had one of those three hour long dressing montages trying to find the perfect look. You can't be illuminati if you don't look dapper.

This may be so, but the dragon is to be prepared for all occasions.

As long as they require bikinis. Or Hotpants.

You guys aren't helping the "no new games till I finish at least half the ones I have installed" rule. It's a new rule. An imposed rule. By myself.[DOUBLEPOST=1357634142][/DOUBLEPOST]Cause I really need to stop starting games I never finish.

So, since my unemployment status, I decided that temporarily cancel my usual MMO subscriptions and give the free ones a try. And since I just could never get into Guild Wars 2 (and I've already played through everything in The Old Republic) I decided to give The Secret World another go.

This game is still great. I just spent two hours globe hopping from exotic locations to track down runic cyphers in trying to decode demonic glyphs to point me to my next clue. The investigation missions in this game are still amazing, and really challenge you to think outside the box.

DCUO is still very fun for a free MMO.
The gameplay of DCUO never really appealed to me. It always felt kinda clunky, so I could never get into it. For now, I'm pretty happy to be resubmerging into The Secret World.

The fact that you never really need to reroll also helps my altitis.

So, I just found out that The Secret World has its own player-run radio station. Check it out at www.radiofreegaia.com

They even hold parties in game, and you can /tell the current DJ's in-game to make requests. It's pretty rad.

So, I just found out that The Secret World has its own player-run radio station. Check it out at www.radiofreegaia.com

They even hold parties in game, and you can /tell the current DJ's in-game to make requests. It's pretty rad.
The Cape is also important for the Arcadia server and it's RP community. Its the former City of Heroes station that branched out to Champions Online and The Secret World when CoH was sunset'ed.

The Cape is also important for the Arcadia server and it's RP community. Its the former City of Heroes station that branched out to Champions Online and The Secret World when CoH was sunset'ed.
I just so happen to play on Arcadia! Shinzyme is my character name, if anyone plays and wants to look me up.

I'm finding I'm having a much better time of getting into it this time around. The first time, I thought it was unusually difficult, because I didn't know how the deckbuilding worked, and how to properly synergize your abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.