[Movies] The Three Stooges Reboot...No, really

Status
Not open for further replies.

While the trailer doesn't look as horrible as I'd feared when I first saw the poster...this is a terrible concept.

You have to ask yourself: "Who thought that now was the right time to do a resurrection/reboot of The Three Stooges, anyways?"

I'm not gonna lie. I thought the idea of a Three Stooges movie would be terrible. But honestly? This trailer kinda makes me want to see it. Maybe not see it in theatres, but I wouldn't regret checking it out on Netflix or something.

I'm not gonna lie. I thought the idea of a Three Stooges movie would be terrible. But honestly? This trailer kinda makes me want to see it. Maybe not see it in theatres, but I wouldn't regret checking it out on Netflix or something.
I agree. I found myself laughing at parts of the trailer, usually when they're doing classic stooges type stuff.

The Stooges have a pretty basic formula that doesn't necessarily need the same people performing it to make the routines funny. They're not like Abbott & Costello for example.

The Stooges have a pretty basic formula that doesn't necessarily need the same people performing it to make the routines funny. They're not like Abbott & Costello for example.
As proven by their cast changes over the years. Honestly I don't see the "Stooges" as some kind of "Holy Grail" comedy, but I can see some people being upset. Some characters are just "sacred" to you and to see them "modernized" and brought into the real world is a bit unnerving. Also, have they been flung into the future or something? Why would new technology be weird to them or are they just making them that stupid?

As dubious as I find the concept, I'm still probably going to see it. Hell, I'll probably see it in theaters. It is well known amongst my peers that I have horrible taste - I own all three of Prince's movies. :p

It wouldn't bug me if they remade a few Stooges shorts that had been rewritten into a narrative. It's that there's a new Moe that I find annoying. Moe Howard wasn't just a character, he was a dude. If they were calling these Stooges Chris, Sean, and Curly Will, I'd be less bugged.

I find the concept of doing this movie not unlike doing a Rodney Dangerfield movie based on his stage persona or a new movie starring Charlie Chaplin's Tramp character. Their schtick may have been broadly accessible but they were playing their own characters.

Though I did really like it when Moe poked Snooki in the eye. And I liked Russel Brand's Arthur, and that character was another wholesale creation of a comedian adapted into film so my childhood love of the group is probably biasing me.

I was just espousing my own opinion. It had nothing to do about what you said or didn't say about it. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.

The story might be total crap and even blasphemous to some people, but I laughed a lot at this trailer. You can't go wrong with well timed physical comedy!
I won't go into theatres for this but definitely will watch it later.

I was just espousing my own opinion. It had nothing to do about what you said or didn't say about it. Thanks for putting words in my mouth.
I'm sorry, that's my fault. I was running late for class when I was typing that and responded to you and Covar in one super paragraph. My bad, I didn't mean it the way it looked.

EDIT: Re-edited my post to make it clearer whose points I'm responding to when.

You may have made it clearer to whom you were speaking to, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't give a crap what you think of the movie. I was just voicing my own thoughts.

You may have made it clearer to whom you were speaking to, but it doesn't change the fact that I don't give a crap what you think of the movie. I was just voicing my own thoughts.
No need for the hostility. I was trying to use your comments as a jump off to mention that which I neglected to in the OP - I.E, that I was still probably going to see the movie anyway. If I'd known you'd take it personally, I'd not have done so. Fixed it, at any rate.

I went into this thinking I would hate the trailer and despite wanting to hate it I laughed at a few parts (which is more than I can say for most trailers). The actors do great impersonations of the originals and when they did the stupid slapstick it must have touched my inner child who enjoyed the stooges for all their glory. Don't know if I'll see it in theaters but I will rent it from Redbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.