Export thread

This is America

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Presented without comment.

BErt

I have no idea who said it first before EVERYONE on Twitter started stealing it, so I won't link to any of them here. But I absolutely loved the tweet "Donald Glover is doing what Kanye West thinks he's doing."

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Presented without comment.
I am either too old or too white to enjoy that. Glad all the kids dig it. Good for them.

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

After this past weekend's SNL, I'm all Donny Glover'd out.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

After this past weekend's SNL, I'm all Donny Glover'd out.
Too much Donald Glover? No such thing

Krisken

Krisken

I kinda like it, and I’m old, white, and don’t care for rap or hip hop. It’s sorta been swirling in my brain since I watched it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

No shame in being a Chrissexual.
...unless maybe you're RDJ. Then it gets aaawwkwaaaaaard...

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

Hey... men can like each other without it turning sexual, you deviant...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey... men can like each other without it turning sexual, you deviant...
All you gotta do is say "no homo" and bam!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I'm sure the video has a message and is important. but I got through 30 seconds and I could not tolerate it anymore
welp, maybe I'm getting old

@Li3n

@Li3n

All you gotta do is say "no homo" and bam!
Nothing sexual about a good ol' fashion, brah...

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hmmmm... it would seem I'm running the wrong way.

In all seriousness, though, I thought the video had a lot of interesting commentary and layers. I don't think I'd ever replay the song without the visuals, but I'm definitely impressed with what Donald and the director crafted.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hmmmm... it would seem I'm running the wrong way.
Remember, Glover in that metaphor is not "you," it is an aspect of your self. So, for you, it might be "my tenuous grasp on marital fidelity" :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

for you, it might be "my tenuous grasp on marital fidelity" :p
Hope springs eternal, eh?

—Patrick

Cajungal

Cajungal

I fucking LOVE it. The vacuous-sounding chorus at the beginning. The shock. The confederate soldier pants. The tenderly-handled firearms. It's great.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hope springs eternal, eh?

—Patrick
Hey, I'm already the husband-approved waifu.

@Li3n

@Li3n

WEll, Trump did say he was bringing back the "good ol'days". Now all that's missing is the CIA dousing random people on the streets with LSD.

evilmike

evilmike

I kinda like it, and I’m old, white, and don’t care for rap or hip hop.
Would this help?

Denbrought

Denbrought

Would this help?
That was hilarious, and convinced me to watch the original video later.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I still want to watch the original video later, I’m never where I can watch AND hear it at the same time.

—Patrick

BErt

PatrThom

PatrThom

WEll, Trump did say he was bringing back the "good ol'days".
scaredofthedark.png

(source)
Unsurprisingly, she's already become a meme.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

This is america, so call me maybe?

PatrThom

PatrThom

What a callback.

—Patrick

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

TIL - stienman is blocking evilmike.

strawman

strawman

TIL - stienman is blocking evilmike.
Ha, I didn't even notice!

Ah well, duplicaters gonna duplicate.

PatrThom

PatrThom

duplicaters gonna duplicate.
Admit it, you’re 3D printing some of them at this point, aren’t you? Just to take some of the load off your wife?

—Patrick

Lurker

Lurker

You wouldn't download a child

Dave

Dave

Oh WOULDN'T I?!?

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

chris-hansen-149x300.jpg

Dave

Dave

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

all the memes!

strawman

strawman

A cell is a 3D printer, taking its build instructions from DNA.

But I suspect a DNA printed car would be... moist...

MindDetective

MindDetective

A cell is a 3D printer, taking its build instructions from DNA.

But I suspect a DNA printed car would be... moist...
1526326418276.png

PatrThom

PatrThom

all the memes!
Okay.
overload.jpg

I suspect a DNA printed car would be... moist...
Well, yeah...at first.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Would this help?
Daaaaaang, It's like the Floyd/Oz mashup.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Watched the original video.

Uh, yeah.

Hm. Yeah. That's... about all I've got.

PatrThom

PatrThom

People be gettin’ downright inspired by this thing.

—Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

People be gettin’ downright inspired by this thing.
<khaled>Another one.</khaled>

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

<khaled>Another one.</khaled>
Of all the pop culture minutiae, I'm surprised that the one you do know is DJ Khaeled.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Seems relevant:

@Li3n

@Li3n

GasBandit

GasBandit

"You are not special."

Heh... "You are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world."

/YouDon'tTalkAboutScandinavia

GasBandit

GasBandit

PatrThom

PatrThom

Kati references that story often, especially after cruising the Faceblr.
Even more worrisome is the fact that her rate of reference is increasing.

Also, I will again take this moment to plug John Sladek's Mechasm* which addresses similar issues.

--Patrick
*Releases outside the US are titled The Reproductive System, instead.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Hey, anything can become dystopian is taken to extremes...

Like, imagine a place that's so engrossed in the myth of being special that they elect a conman that simply appeals to their assholishness and make them feel like it's right to indulge in it? Good thing that's just some fiction i came up with...

Gruebeard

Gruebeard

Hey, anything can become dystopian is taken to extremes...

Like, imagine a place that's so engrossed in the myth of being special that they elect a conman that simply appeals to their assholishness and make them feel like it's right to indulge in it? Good thing that's just some fiction i came up with...
Monorail!

PatrThom

PatrThom

Monorail!
Hee-hee, you went there. I considered it, but was going to use the original.

--Patrick

Krisken

Krisken

I’ve been calling him The Music Man for over a year now.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I’ve been calling him The Music Man for over a year now.
He’s a what?

—Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Coming up on six months and it's still inspiring people.

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

I think it would have been a bit too much posting it on the shooting thread, so i'll leave it here:

Dave

Dave

Coming up on six months and it's still inspiring people.

--Patrick
Say what you want, Leo is fucking amazing.

drifter

drifter

Ehhh, he's quite skilled, but the covers he does are boring to me. Like metal elevator music.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Ehhh, he's quite skilled, but the covers he does are boring to me. Like metal elevator music.
Some of them are, but some of them are great enough to have me actually buy the album, and I don't buy albums.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The fact that he even songifies the Patreon pitch at the end shows that he has that high level of creativity that usually requires medication to survive.
This video was also a hint, but I just expect it now with people who are that level of driven to create stuff.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

the level of creativity that usually requires medication to survive.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Hey all I’m saying is that inspiration and medication almost always seem to walk together, with the people at the low end of the scale taking meds to increase their creativity, and those at the high end taking meds to control it.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey all I’m saying is that inspiration and medication almost always seem to walk together, with the people at the low end of the scale taking meds to increase their creativity, and those at the high end taking meds to control it.

—Patrick
Yes, but it is gauche to point it out in such a way.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes, but it is gauche to point it out in such a way.
While I will not argue the validity of your claim, my belief is that this topic is one of those things I feel would really benefit from losing its social stigma.

—Patrick

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

While I will not argue the validity of your claim, my belief is that this topic is one of those things I feel would really benefit from losing its social stigma.

—Patrick
Also, medication is amazing (results not typical)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Don't Have Lunch Money? A Pennsylvania School District Threatens Foster Care
Dozens of families in Pennsylvania received an alarming letter from their public school district this month informing parents that if their kid's lunch debt was not settled, their child could be removed from their home and placed in foster care.
Well, I suppose when your district ends up $22k in the hole due to providing meals, that could inspire you to take drastic measures, even if others might call you a little draconian, but those bills gotta get paid, right?

[24 HOURS PASS...]

Pennsylvania Schools Deny La Colombe CEO's Offer to Cover Costs After Threat of Foster Care Over Unpaid Lunches
Todd Carmichael, chief executive and co-founder of Philadelphia-based La Colombe Coffee, said he offered to give Wyoming Valley West School District $22,000 to wipe out bills that generated the recent warning letter to parents.
But school board President Joseph Mazur rejected the offer during a phone conversation Monday. Mazur argued that money is owed by parents who can afford to pay.
So it's...not about the money, then? This...this is all about the parents respektin' your authori-tay, isn't it.

Dude, you keep up with this attitude, and you are going to be out on your ass faster'n you can say "Not everyone believes the Holocaust happened."

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

What he needs to do is park right outside of school ground, in view of the principal's office, money in hand, and just hand it over to the parents who then go to pay the bills at the school... all while maintaining eye contact.

Fun Size

Fun Size

What he needs to do is park right outside of school ground, in view of the principal's office, money in hand, and just hand it over to the parents who then go to pay the bills at the school... all while maintaining eye contact.
This may be the most erotic thing I've ever read on Halforums.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

This is America. Back to School Edition.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yes, we are embroiled in the school supply shopping thing right now.
I remember a time when seeing "Impermeable" on a kid's backpack just meant it was waterproof and you lived close to Canada.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

I vaguely recall that there were three different lockdowns of schools in MPS last year. And there was that whole thing I relayed about getting asked "what do you do" in a situation.

figmentPez

figmentPez

There are licensed kid themed products, too. (Not quite bootleg, since they use officially licensed fabrics, though they weren't licensed for this use.)
Harry Potter bullet resistant insert.jpg

Yeah, that's a Harry Potter themed bullet-resistant insert for backpacks. Also comes in MLB theme, though the Marvel Comics themed one doesn't seem to be currently available...
Marvel comics themed bullet resistant backpack insert.jpg

EDIT: Not available because they were never officially licensed. Disney Seeks to Shut Down Avenger and Princess-Themed Bulletproof Backpacks

“None of these products were authorized by Disney, and we are demanding that those behind this stop using our characters or our other intellectual property to promote sales of their merchandise,” a spokesperson for Disney says in a statement.

“These are not official Harry Potter products, and are in no way endorsed, licensed or in any other way supported, directly or indirectly, by Warner Bros.," a spokesperson for the studio said.

No word on if the MLB is okay with this.

Tress

Tress

Welp, I’m ready for the new school year.
344CBC62-D739-4FED-AEC7-9B29942A24E4.jpeg

blotsfan

blotsfan

Godspeed soldier.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Service guarantees citizenship...

blotsfan

blotsfan

Service guarantees citizenship...
Unless you're brown.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Unless you're brown.
Well, of course, this isn't Starship Troopers...

@Li3n

@Li3n

Good thing that kid didn't kneel...

PatrThom

PatrThom

I just can't even.
Elder, a conservative black man, is a treasure trove of remarkable opinions. This weekend, interest alighted on his suggestion that slave owners should have gotten paid for their property.
This is nowhere near the first time he's made this suggestion, either.

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

1708657492240.png

America: Land of the REEEEEE, home of the barefoot-and-in-the-kitchen.

--Patrick

D

Dubyamn

What does a feminist argument against the pill even look like?

PatrThom

PatrThom

That...it was invented by men to control a woman's body? I guess?

--Patrick

@Li3n

@Li3n

I like how they don't mention condoms...

PatrThom

PatrThom

So I got the following email recently. I've removed all the hyperlinks, because don't nobody need to be clicking on any of them.
Subj: Attention: The US is Facing The BIGGEST Threat Of The Century
If you don't own a gas mask already, consider getting one.
Why?
Because according to this report, an event is about to take place that could impact you and everyone you know.
This is something the mainstream media has been purposely ignoring.
They're trying to keep us in the dark because they don't want to incite widespread hysteria.
However, several sources, including the U.S. Congressional Advisory Board, have stated:
This is a nationwide Code Red-level event that could wipe out 9 out of every 10 people, while leaving the rest of the population in ruins.
What's worse, senior scientist Dr. Michael Frankel predicts it could happen at any moment.
Possibly within the next 48 hours.
If you or your loved ones don't own a gas mask, or the 4 essential items listed on this page, I suggest you watch this presentation, make a list of these items, then drive down to your local hardware store to pick them up.
Time is of the essence.
This event could unfold in 48 hours or less.
It's dated Feb 3rd, so for all I know it's already happened and I was unconscious or something. Maybe it had something to do with why we got an extra day this month? No idea.

--Patrick