Export thread

This is for you Shego :) women packing heat!

Chibibar

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44690575

Wow.. That is a lot of guns :)

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

inb4penisenvy

Seriously though, great link Chibi. :D Will admit with the women they interviewed. The feeling is amazing. It can't really be compared to anything else.

GasBandit

GasBandit

inb4penisenvy
Well, now I guess I HAVE to post this.

Tress

Tress

inb4penisenvy

Seriously though, great link Chibi. :D Will admit with the women they interviewed. The feeling is amazing. It can't really be compared to anything else.
See, now I'm disappointed. I expected something more along the lines of "Naw, guns are too quick for what I need to do..."

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Are you kidding? Guns are fantastic disablers in the right situation..... oh wait, you were thinking I meant kill shots? Oh silly facehugger! Using killshots is only for contracts my dear.

Wahad

Wahad

"Greta, the young woman pictured on the cover of "Chicks with Guns," received her first gun as an infant and completed a hunter’s safety course to earn her lifetime hunting license before her 10th birthday.''

Wow. That's uh...something.

FnordBear

FnordBear

Why do women with large firearms and the know-how to use them make me feel funny in my no-no place?

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Greta, the young woman pictured on the cover of "Chicks with Guns," received her first gun as an infant and completed a hunter’s safety course to earn her lifetime hunting license before her 10th birthday.''

Wow. That's uh...something.
"Hunter's safety course" is a fanciful title for what goes on at one. I, too, had a "hunter's safety course" and was handling firearms around that age. It was part of my summer camp. They teach you the things that most people would think would be common knowledge but aren't - don't carry it around loaded, always double check to make sure your chamber is empty, don't point it at anybody even if it isn't loaded, keep the barrel pointed at the ground when you aren't aiming to shoot something, how to properly clean it, etc etc. 99% of the focus of those courses is how you handle the gun when you're NOT pulling the trigger.

Wahad

Wahad

I get that it's general gun safety, I was more remarking on actually being given a gun under the age of 10. I don't care much about owning guns, it just doesn't seem safe giving one to a kid, regardless of if you teach them gun safety.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I get that it's general gun safety, I was more remarking on actually being given a gun under the age of 10. I don't care much about owning guns, it just doesn't seem safe giving one to a kid, regardless of if you teach them gun safety.
I think that if you teach the kid about the gun, make him respect the danger, and remove the mystique, he's much less likely to be one of those unfortunate accidental shooting victim statistics when he goes over to a friends house and they "find" daddy's gun.

Neon Pirate

Neon Pirate

I think that if you teach the kid about the gun, make him respect the danger, and remove the mystique, he's much less likely to be one of those unfortunate accidental shooting victim statistics when he goes over to a friends house and they "find" daddy's gun.
Got to agree completely Bandit, taught mine and a bunch of their friends early on how to safely handle and use guns and bows, respect them and remove that mystique and we had a lot of fun doing so, we still get out to the range and enjoy shooting when possible. Guess it all started with what we eventually called Redneck Easter when we're in our finest out at my parents' house in Lancaster, PA farm country and would invariably end up taking the kids out fishing or shooting, the girls' barefoot in Easter dresses holding guns or fishing rods and their big brother helping to instruct. Hence the name. Yeah, if more people learned how to safely handle, use and respect guns there would be far fewer of those statistics.

LordRendar

LordRendar

Women are always packing heat.They are called Boobs.

Null

Null

Actually, a lot of the kids at boy scout camp weren't much older than that - the youngest was probably 12 - and we were shooting Marlin .22 rifles. Of course, my dad had taught me with a pistol when I was 7, but we didn't get to shoot much.