This is now the "Look at my face pubes!" thread

Will you have a real picture of yourself as avatar for 1 week?

• Sure, why not?

Votes: 62 76.5%
  • No. The internet scares me.

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • I would, if I have a camera. Alas, no

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Dear Amy, I hate you, please die. (No.)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

North_Ranger

Staff member
this was the old real avatar thread.

Damn, a lot of guys with red beard around. Could this all be a matter of chance? I think not.

TO THE LABORATORY!

It's hard to tell in my pic, but I've got a red beard too. I've even been asked if I dye it, since the hair on my head is brown.
Yeah, I get the same thing. My hair (on my head) is dark brown, and my beard is quite light. I was red-headed when I was a kid though. My beard didn't make the same transition.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Damn, a lot of guys with red beard around. Could this all be a matter of chance? I think not.

TO THE LABORATORY!
Science to prove how cool we are? We already have the proof in our illustrious hirsuteness.

North_Ranger

Staff member

I was a red-head when I was a baby (my parents have a huge portrait of me and my siblings on their wall to show that). I then turned pale blonde, but around now I'm kind of... I don't know, sand-coloured. And my beard always turns red... and people keep asking why I've dyed it ;)

figmentPez

Staff member

Yeah, I get the same thing. My hair (on my head) is dark brown, and my beard is quite light. I was red-headed when I was a kid though. My beard didn't make the same transition.
It's apparently a genetic trait in my family tree. I'm told my grandfather on my dad's side had a very red beard, while mine is simply red tinged (it gets redder when I get more sun, though). I don't think I've ever seen either my dad or my grandfather with a beard, though. My grandfather grew his out for some sort of town festival before I was born, and I don't know if my dad ever grew his out at all.

I don't know if I'd call my beard red, but it is significantly redder than my other hair.

figmentPez

Staff member

You fancy bastards and your beards.
:mad:
You insensitive clod! I grew mine to console myself in my sad and lonely existence without a girlfriend! :waah: Then you come in here with your avatar and pretend like a beard can make up for anything! :(

*strokes his beard* Shhh! That's right, it'll be okay. It'll all be okay.

Action Hank always told me it's not the beard on the outside, but the beard on the inside that counts.

That's not my girlfriend.

I actually don't have any pics with her yet. Hmmmm...

If there were a God I would be able to grow facial hair.

*pout*

If there were a God I would be able to grow facial hair.

*pout*
There's a reason I only have the goatee. If I could, I'd have a full-on Billy Mays style beard. But it doesn't fill up anything but my chin, upper lip, and neck. I can't even connect a mustache to my goatee to make a Vandyke.

I miss my beard. :(
I sometimes miss my mullet. But any time I feel that way, I remind myself that it is simply a lapse of judgment, and that our love is forbidden by the deep magic.

I miss my beard. :(
I sometimes miss my mullet. But any time I feel that way, I remind myself that it is simply a lapse of judgment, and that our love is forbidden by the deep magic.
But this my friend, was a beard of Legend.
[/QUOTE]

THE VERY FACE OF THE DEEP MAGIC!

I sort of went for that ... but mine comes out too curly to not look messy, and I didn't want to be that guy who bought a straightener for his beard ...

figmentPez

Staff member

There's a reason I only have the goatee. If I could, I'd have a full-on Billy Mays style beard. But it doesn't fill up anything but my chin, upper lip, and neck. I can't even connect a mustache to my goatee to make a Vandyke.
Same here, except for the desire to have a full beard. I tried a mustache at first, but it really got in the way during allergy season.

Same here, except for the desire to have a full beard. I tried a mustache at first, but it really got in the way during allergy season.
Man, I wish I could do a mustache. I just feel sketchy growing one. I've been considering growing one this November, under the cover of Movember (some Prostate Cancer research fund raising effort where participants grow mustaches).

Yeah, mine starts out curling back towards my neck, but after a few months it starts growing normally.

To have a beard is to rehearse a battle with the universe!

They are pretty good, I must say.

When I gre out my beard, I got stopped by the police every other day, almost. Seriously, I have a Muhammed Ali Jabar Osama Bin Laden Terrorist Style beard, with extra racism causing ability thrown in.

That said, if I get lots of sun, mine's red too. Now, it's just dark brown with tinges of copper.

Also, balding (red-) bearded guys (often with glasses) seem to be the coolest guys here. Excellent.

C

Catafish

It's apparently a genetic trait in my family tree. I'm told my grandfather on my dad's side had a very red beard, while mine is simply red tinged (it gets redder when I get more sun, though). I don't think I've ever seen either my dad or my grandfather with a beard, though. My grandfather grew his out for some sort of town festival before I was born, and I don't know if my dad ever grew his out at all.[/QUOTE]

Go Brotherhood of the red beards!

When I gre out my beard, I got stopped by the police every other day, almost. Seriously, I have a Muhammed Ali Jabar Osama Bin Laden Terrorist Style beard, with extra racism causing ability thrown in.

That said, if I get lots of sun, mine's red too. Now, it's just dark brown with tinges of copper.

Also, balding (red-) bearded guys (often with glasses) seem to be the coolest guys here. Excellent.
Well, I can't say my beard is red, but when it gets some sun, it has some red hairs (and also some blond and white ones)...

Sadly, no amount of red beard, even with a balding head and some nice glasses, would make me look cool around here...

I've also been asked if I dye it, since the beard on my chin becomes red when left to grow for some time. It's red mixed with black though, so I'm not so cool.

SJ you should totally get a moustache. It would look artisty on you.

(Also, I'd laugh a lot)

I've also been asked if I dye it, since the beard on my chin becomes red when left to grow for some time. It's red mixed with black though, so I'm not so cool.

SJ you should totally get a moustache. It would look artisty on you.

(Also, I'd laugh a lot)
Moustaches make me look SO OLD.