Export thread

This Rocks / This Sucks Thread

ElJuski

ElJuski

Inspired by the conversation in the Funny Pictures thread, post a song you think rocks as well as a song you think sucks. Let the subjective fighting begin!

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

ugh, fucking Godsmack.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Now we await the fun when someone SUCKS is someone else's ROCKS.

Baerdog

Baerdog

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

:troll:

figmentPez

figmentPez

ROCKS!

SUCKS!

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Fade's post will just have a SUCKS category. :D

Frank

Frank

Rocks

Sucks

LittleSin

LittleSin

Rocks

Sucks

Actually, any Chris Brown sucks.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

ElJuski

ElJuski

: /

Bowielee

Bowielee

Rocks:

David Bowie: Life on Mars

Sucks:

Foster the People: Pumped up Kicks

LittleSin

LittleSin

DISAGREE.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Sin, you are literally the first person online or in person that has said that they disagree with pumped up kicks sucking.

I'll assume that is what you're disagreeing with, because disagreeing with Bowie is just crazytown.

LittleSin

LittleSin

I love that song. I think it's because I never heard it on the radio very much while everywhere else, apparently, over dosed on it.

It's pretty chill, has a dark subject matter and set to soem bounxy music. There have been many evenings I have just kicked back after the chores are done and listened to Foster the People. It just strokes me the same way that AWOLNation does.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm with you Sin, I still love Pumped Up Kicks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Love love love :

Hate hate hate

General Specific

General Specific

Rocks:

The rest of the album, Grand, is seriously awesome as well.

Sucks:

Didn't even make it a full minute into the song due the spectacularly stupid lines as "You could be my black Kate Moss tonight." and "Do anybody make real shit anymore?" (when he's just rapping over a remix of Daft Punk's awesome Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger).

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, Daft Punk is in the video, so they obviously worked with him on it, but yes, this is a shitty, shitty song.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Rocks!

Suuuucks

General Specific

General Specific

Well, Daft Punk is in the video, so they obviously worked with him on it, but yes, this is a shitty, shitty song.
Worked with or were kidnapped and forced to perform by someone's giant ego?

Perhaps they are...

Human after all

Frank

Frank

Sin, you are literally the first person online or in person that has said that they disagree with pumped up kicks sucking.

I'll assume that is what you're disagreeing with, because disagreeing with Bowie is just crazytown.
I got your back on that one. That fucking kicks song is like the third song on the radio every hour on the hour here.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Disagrees on Foster the People and Lady Gaga; they're both pretty fantastic pop confections, even if they're completely overplayed into the ground. That Foster the People album is pretty much wall to wall pop singles. Good times!

ElJuski

ElJuski

Also, in defense of Kanye West (I love how the rocks and sucks are intermingling now mua haha )

ROCKS-

SUCKS-

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Kid Rock SUUUUUUUCKS

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Oh gosh, Knights of Cydonia, YES!

phil

phil

Rocks: That gotye song

Sucks: the fact that I will, no matter how long my drive, hear it on the radio. Everyday probably twice a day.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Disagrees on Foster the People and Lady Gaga; they're both pretty fantastic pop confections, even if they're completely overplayed into the ground. That Foster the People album is pretty much wall to wall pop singles. Good times!
I don't dislike all Lady Gaga... but I really do hate that one, no matter how well-put-together it might be as a pop song.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I don't dislike all Lady Gaga... but I really do hate that one, no matter how well-put-together it might be as a pop song.
I fucking love Lady Gaga. I listen to her regularly, and love just about everything she's done.

But I'm with you on Poker Face. It's the only song of hers I dislike.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Every time she gets to the "puh puh puh pokerface" part I just want to peel off my own skin.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

R:

S:

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

ROCKS:

SUCKS:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Rocks:

Sucks: (mostly because I can't stand the message it sends)

--Patrick

Vagabond

Vagabond

Sucks: the fact that I will, no matter how long my drive, hear it on the radio. Everyday probably twice a day.
And that's why one of the local stations 'round here switches things up with the CLUB MIXXXXXX.

HANDCLAPS.

Bowielee

Bowielee

That song is on heavy rotation on the pop station here.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Every time you hear it on the radio, let it serve only to remind you of this version.

--Patrick

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Rocks:

(song starts at 1:12)

Sucks:

Damn you Nickelback...

Bowielee

Bowielee

Every time you hear it on the radio, let it serve only to remind you of this version.

--Patrick
That is autotuned to shit.

Espy

Espy

Rocks:

Sucks:

PatrThom

PatrThom

That is autotuned to shit.
Still better than the original, in my mind (maybe it's just that I just hate the original video, I dunno)

--Patrick

General Specific

General Specific

Rocks:

Sucks:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Actually, as far as pop hits go, Coldplay is pretty decent. Not a fan by any means, but don't think it suuuucks

Espy

Espy

Actually, as far as pop hits go, Coldplay is pretty decent. Not a fan by any means, but don't think it suuuucks
No. They are the worst band in the entire world. Period.
To quote Chuck Klosterman:
[Coldplay is] a British pop group whose success derives from their ability to write melodramatic alt-rock songs about fake love. It does not matter that Coldplay is the shittiest fucking band I've ever heard in my entire fucking life, or that they sound like a mediocre photocopy of Travis (who sounds like a mediocre photocopy of Radiohead), or that their greatest fucking artistic achievement is a video where the blandly attractive frontman walks on a beach on a cloudy afternoon. None of that matters. What matters is that Coldplay manufactures fake love as frenetically as the Ford fucking Motor Company manufactures Mustangs. . . "For you I bleed myself dry," sang the blockhead vocalist, brilliantly informing us that stars in the sky are, in fact, yellow.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Chuck Klosterman never heard Train.

Espy

Espy

See, in my opinion, Train is just doing the best they can. That is there talent level. Coldplay... well, they are clearly a bunch of talented guys who, instead of actually pushing themselves and making good music, really settle for taking every sappy second out of any U2 or Radiohead song and squeezing it into a mediocre pop song you and your Mom can both listen to on the way to school.

Coldplay: "Rock and Roll" for you and your mom.

That won't ever be Moterheads tag line.

ElJuski

ElJuski

which really is the essence of pop, though, right? It's catchy and only faux-dangerous. I mean, again, I hate Coldplay, but if the conversation is about pop, then wouldn't they be doing what they want, and doing it really well?

Espy

Espy

Hey, they can and do whatever they want with their gobs of money and expensive production values, if this is what they aspire to then I'm glad they can play the role of "that one secular band all the kids in the Christian youth group are allowed to listen to because their parents think it's modern worship music". Someone has to do it.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Wow, Espy.... I am starting to think you don't like Coldplay. ;)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Whoa Gryfter, let's not jump to conclusions. I haven't seen anything from Espy that could validate that claim.

Bowielee

Bowielee

It's all lies and chicanery.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

That won't ever be Moterheads tag line.

Motorhead rules!

Espy

Espy

I love the first comment on this vid: "This captures Coldplay's fiercely banal style so well that halfway through it I completely forgot I was listening to it."

ElJuski

ElJuski

Hey, they can and do whatever they want with their gobs of money and expensive production values, if this is what they aspire to then I'm glad they can play the role of "that one secular band all the kids in the Christian youth group are allowed to listen to because their parents think it's modern worship music". Someone has to do it.
I just think that where we differ is, because I know that's all they're doing, I'm okay with it, versus, say Weezer, which also has a ton of potential, but still tries to carry some sort of "cred". Coldplay doesn't. They just...Coldplay.

Vagabond

Vagabond

Rocks

Sucks

General Specific

General Specific

...I liked the first three Coldplay albums

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

...I liked the first three Coldplay albums
We all make mistakes.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I enjoy Rise Against, though they've gotten a bit blatant in their lyrical content the last two albums. Personally prefer the second and third more than the rest.

Anyway.

R

Fun fact: Till actually had his cheek pierced to get that light into his mouth. Also, the whole song's basically about BDSM. Look up the lyrics and try not to cringe.

S

I cannot express my level of hatred for this song.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Rocks:

Sucks:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills