[Rant] This Work Week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it Fuck it

How was yours?

Cajungal

Staff member
Pretty rough. I've got a kid whose behavior is throwing off the whole class. We had a meeting with teachers, therapists, and the principal and reached the conclusion: "we are at a damn loss." Also the enrichment class I teach on Fridays pretty much sucks. Something to learn from, I guess, but it's frustrating after all that preparation. Oh well, at least it's over, and now it's Thanksgiving break!

I work everyday but Thursday next week.

That day will be spent playing Skyrim(if the leveling mod is out by then) if not, then WoW/Fear2 with a nice bottle of red wine.

Go me.

Well, that should be nice. Are you going to do it with a plate of turkey balancing on your legs?
@Your First post:I remember when I was in school, an unruly child was paddled and sat in an office alone everyday till the behavior changed or was expelled. Classroom disruption? 0%

As for the turkey? Nah, I'll be having Mongolian grill, which now that I think about it, I make with Turkey, so then it's a yes!

Cajungal

Staff member
I'm beginning to think that might be the only thing that helps this kid's impulse control. No matter what the consequence, he would rather say what he wants/do what he wants and face it than hold it in. That trait could be a credit to him, but he uses it in destructive ways. He's fascinating, really. I made a little head-way this week, but it's going to be a year-long battle.

S

SeraRelm

My new boss likely got her job more for what's going on between her legs than her ears. Does that qualify as a bad work week or should I take this to another thread?

Nah that's totally valid Sera.

My boss is the type that has everyone in the office do their own jobs, plus each of us do a little bit of her job, so that she never has to be in the office but to sign documents every once in a while. I feel your pain.

S

SeraRelm

Anytime me or my one co-worker aren't around for a couple days, we come in and it looks like a bomb went off.

Work wasn't bad until I got haranged into staying late, which threw off the whole evening.

Commuting? That has been absolute shit this entire week. I think it's been over a year or more since I've seen such a piss-poor commute week in my area. Big pile of rusty fuck.

I pretty much blew off a few days of work that I couldn't afford to blow off. It's probably going to impact Thanksgiving now.

:(

I had a great work week.

Not looking forward to next week though. I'll be on the road a lot. Quebec City, Trois-Rivieres and Ottawa. It should pass quickly though.

I've gotten incredibly behind on paperwork thanks to me being more inclined to slay dragons in a fictional world than going into the office and working on it.

Otherwise it was a quiet week for major crimes. Fresh snow and sudden cold will do that. I feel bad for the GD guys dealing with the insane amount of traffic issues.

Anytime me or my one co-worker aren't around for a couple days, we come in and it looks like a bomb went off.
This. The guy who does overnights on my days off doesn't think most of the non front desk duties are his job, so everyone else is left to do the restocking and cleaning he doesn't want to do.

He gets his 40 hours in by working double shifts (don't ask), but I get more done in three hours than he does in 16.

I worked half a day Monday and was out sick the rest of the week. It shouldn't bother me because I'm not enjoying my job at the moment but it does. I feel like a loser.

B

Biannoshufu

i spent the week talking to lawyers, financial advisors, Doctors, and inlaws.

so fuck all of you. :p

I had a good work week. Worked with a new tech who is smart, hard working, geeky just like me, fun to talk to, and a girl.

Only thing wrong with her is that she's married already.

I got treated like shit by a group of holier-than-thou strangers that decided they were the most important thing at the college this week. My only recourse was to serve their every need, because the vp in charge of me would do anything to avoid a conflict where he might look bad. So despite being the director of software development, I got to be used like a call center lackey all week.

Granted, all that really hurt was pride, I guess, but I mostly feel like I spent a week doing nothing but worthless shit just to keep my boss from having to deal with angry strangers that aren't even attending the school.

M

makare

I love my new job but I hate the way my coworkers dink around all the time. I mean the instructor has to actually say "do you have something share with the whole class?" and she has to tell them to put their cell phones away (because it is the LAW). I would have kicked them out.

I am also ticked off at some people who call in. I work at a call center helping with issues for a company I can't say >.> But these jackasses call in and just do not listen. I explain to them how i cant tell them this or that or I explain policy to them. They just wont listen. They think if they keep talking to me Ill just suddenly say something I am not supposed to. Well no I wont because I am the one taking the call. I am the one who is keeping her job. Fuck off.

I also had some great callers tonight. One lady enjoyed chatting with me so much it took 15 minutes to get her off the phone lol .She was cool though. I enjoyed it.

Oh but one of my coworkers is a little too touchy feely for my taste. I was sitting across fromm him at a table resting my head on my hands and he poked my nose. I was like wtf lol... sorta and he said you know when you see something cute and you have to pinch it's cheeks. That's what it was.:D Oook.

Took the week off because i had way too many days left, and they don't let me keep them for next year...

Guess the universe had to balance it out somewhere...

I wonder, if you get fired, would i win the lottery?

My work week went by in the a flash.
I work at a Montessori kindergarten. It has it's ups and downs. I'm currently bickering with my Chinese co-teacher because I feel she undermines my authority in class. I'm trying to figure out how to solve this problem without going to the principal about it. I have to work with this woman for at least another year. I've also been designated official english-chinese translator, despite the fact there are other bilingual chinese staff at the school. Yay, I doubled my workload without doubling my pay! Woo!
Added at: 21:02
Took the week off because i had way too many days left, and they don't let me keep them for next year...
Guess the universe had to balance it out somewhere...
I wonder, if you get fired, would i win the lottery?
There's only one way to find out. Don the monkey suit.

Work week just started. Yesterday I had a ridealong, which sucks. She also would not. Shut. Up. *mimes self-headglocking*
I had to go on a ride-along for a criminal justice class. I got a very different picture of my hometown after dark, especially after Officer Penyak asked me to put on a kevlar vest.

Well, the thing is, we're right on a state line and there's a lot of through traffic, so lots of transient crime. Also, the massive housing projects.

Yeah, that will happen.

Also, I didn't mean to say that ridealongs in general suck - I just prefer patrolling solo, because it's a way for me to clear my head and sort things out.... meditation via V-8, if you will.

Riding with someone else, you kinda can't stay silent... especially when it's an overeager Citizen's Police Academy applicant. *chuckles*

Yeah, that will happen.

Also, I didn't mean to say that ridealongs in general suck - I just prefer patrolling solo, because it's a way for me to clear my head and sort things out.... meditation via V-8, if you will.

Riding with someone else, you kinda can't stay silent... especially when it's an overeager Citizen's Police Academy applicant. *chuckles*
Ah, the eager beaver vs the grizzled loner. I smell sequel.

I was only scheduled to work monday and saturday next week.

I'll be working everyday but sunday and thursday, now. Disregard down time, acquire pittance.

Could be worse I guess. At least it's not retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.