Thunderbirds Are Go

Has anyone else watched this show? I didn't even realize that they remade Thunderbirds until I noticed it in a Cracked article. I just watched three episodes and the fact they use model backgrounds and ships just like the old show blows my mind in this day and age so saturated in CGI.

Yes the characters are 3D, but you can tell they try very hard to make them feel more like action figures / dolls rather then cartoon characters. Even going so far as to limit certain animations during certain points (their mouths being the biggest offenses for obvious reasons)

It's also refreshing in how one dimensional it is. You watch so many shows trying to hammer in drama and angst that just having a few good people doing the right thing, showing no fear, no regrets, just the mission, has a really odd charm to it. You will have one of the brothers ten seconds from death and the others just wish him luck, either because they know he will succeed or they just accept it as part of the job.

Anyways, I probably should sleep (after one more episode).

Obviously I watched the old show, and I do remember being aware of a remake being in the works a while ago...Blame it on my cynicism, but I didn't expect it to be any good so I sort of forgot about it. I may have to try a few episodes, if you say it's actualyl somewhat decent :)

Obviously I watched the old show, and I do remember being aware of a remake being in the works a while ago...Blame it on my cynicism, but I didn't expect it to be any good so I sort of forgot about it. I may have to try a few episodes, if you say it's actualyl somewhat decent :)
It's a bit more kid friendly, obviously, but it really sticks to the formulas of the old show, even down to trying to mimic some of the old campiness. I can't say if you will like it or not, but I am enjoying it. If you want to check out some episodes you can find most of the season here.

Actually if you like any cartoons, I recommend using that site. It has nearly everything.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to watch this on my TV. I really enjoyed the original Thunderbirds when it used to air on TechTV.