Export thread

Tom Clancy RIP

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Red October. :(

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tom-c...-141800682.html;_ylt=A2KJ3CQVLExSLHAAslHQtDMD

I have read nearly all of his books. Without Remorse being my favorite.

Same age as my Dad. Damn.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

This is sad, he is one of the authors (probably the author) that got me into reading books, when I was a teen.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

This is sad, he is one of the authors (probably the author) that got me into reading books, when I was a teen.
Yeah, I read all his stuff b/c my dad did first.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Aww, man. :(

Hunt For Red October was one of the first political/spy thrillers I ever read.

RIP, sir.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Chalk me up as another in the "Aww, man" category. I enjoyed his books. The little woman did as well.

Gared

Gared

Damnit, now I have to go buy a new copy of Without Remorse and read through the whole series, just as soon as I'm done with my re-read of the Harry Potter series. I loved Clancy's work growing up, and yeah, I read them all because my dad had read them first and left them lying around on end tables; and then I followed the habit through Creighton and Uris and who knows how many other authors.

Gusto

Gusto

He kinda got me into the young adult thriller stuff with his Net Force sci-fi series, and I periodically go back to read Rainbow Six. Sad news.

Shakey

Shakey

Damnit, now I have to go buy a new copy of Without Remorse and read through the whole series
I loved that book. I'm going on a business trip and wish I had brought that book along with me. Might have to find a used book store along the way and pick up a paper copy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I can't say I've ever read his work, but he's certainly a well-known and incredibly prolific writer. He'll certainly be missed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I can't say I've ever read his work, but he's certainly a well-known and incredibly prolific writer. He'll certainly be missed.
You've probably seen at least one movie based off of his work, though, right? Hunt for Red October? Patriot Games? Clear and Present Danger? Sum of All Fears?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

You've probably seen at least one movie based off of his work, though, right? Hunt for Red October? Patriot Games? Clear and Present Danger? Sum of All Fears?
Yyyy.....no. :( None of the above.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You owe it to yourself to see The Hunt for Red October. And maybe read it too, but watch it first.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Get your ass to Netflix, sir!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Fun fact. I used to watch The Hunt For Red October at least once a week for about a 4 year period. I wore out my VHS copy.

PatrThom

PatrThom

You owe it to yourself to see The Hunt for Red October. And maybe read it too, but watch it first.
I've...played the video game. Does that count?

--Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

I really enjoyed much of his work, although it took me a long time to forgive "The Bear and the Dragon". He will be missed.

Gurpel

Gurpel

damn, its weird that he's gone at such a (relatively) young age. this wasn't on my radar at all.