Truth shall find you out. 13 years too late, but still about time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jaythen

13 years ago, a friend of mine from my high school became pregnant. The way the story was explained: She had been carrying on an affair and sleeping with a married deacon from the church that I used to go to. Her family arraigned for her to carry out her pregnancy with friends of the church out of state as not to embarrass her further. That was how it was explained to me when she "confessed" of her mis-deeed. 13 years later, the truth finally comes out. I feel disgusted as I was there at this church and the school at this time and I bought it as truth.

Story gets more disturbing with the truth.

She was 15 at the time, and had not an illicit affair with the deacon, but she was raped...twice. When she became pregnant, the deacon, a married man with three young kids, wanted to take her to another state to get an abortion and also offered to help her miscarriage. When talking to the pastor about what happened, she was told she had to "confess" to her fault in the event. So she was led in front of the church along with the deacon who raped her, and she had to confess and ask forgiveness for getting pregnant.

The pastor apparently made the local authorities aware of the crime, but that is where the investigation ended. The police tried to follow up, but the girl was moved to Colorado and no one was speaking to the police of her whereabouts. She was moved to a church that was affiliated with the one she was from and (from friends I have spoken to who have been in contact with her and also are responsible for helping getting the story out) she was not allowed to communicate with many people from home and if she visited she had someone watching or helping her at all time so she had no alone time.

13 years later: Friends I have known from high school had been blogging about the incident. Between their own conversations and asking around for more info, they were able to bring the subject to light with the help of the website freedomfromabuse.net. The man has now been arrested. I know this is the short and simple version of the story, but I have attached articles to help clarify details.

Articles:
http://www.concordmonitor.com/article/facebook-group-helped-police-make-rape-arrest

http://www.wmur.com/newsarchive/23674304/detail.html

Video from local news media:
http://www.wmur.com/video/23674642/index.html

Also been picked up by national media as well.

A lot of discussion with my friends over this matter on our FB pages. Some church goers and people I graduated with from high school defend the churches actions. Others still hiding behind dogma of "If something wrong happened, God will sort it out. So just pray and everything will be fine." The time for waiting is over. The victim, now married and a mother of three, deserves justice and something to happen in order for some resolution.

Dave

Staff member
Jesus Christ. Poor girl.

I don't understand the mentality that organizations (not just churches but the military, civilian businesses, etc.) feel they have to cover up these types of crimes. Like it'll reflect badly on THEM for the actions of one messed up individual.

The fact that there's an organization out there who spends all their time helping victims of such crimes is both uplifting that they are there and depressing that they find there's a need.

It is really sad when people try to hide the misdoings of people high up in the church. The person did a crime and he deserves to be punished and the girl deserves justice. The church should remember the bible story in the book of Joshua where one mans sin affected the whole group. If there is sin in the camp it needs to be delt with not hidden away. How can they claim to love God and be Christians when they do things like this? Raping the girl was bad enough but than hiding it just makes everyone who did know an accomplice to the misdeed,

C

Chibibar

It is story like this (especially after 13 years) hurt the church more than help hiding it years ago.

If they report to the police and dealt with 13 years ago, then the people would have just accept the mistake of one person and move on (especially if the higher up turn the person in) but now.... since there is a coverup, it just look bad for that church overall.
(that is my opinion)

W

Wasabi Poptart

I agree with you, Chibibar. The cover up has made it an issue involving the entire church instead of singling out the individual who committed the crime. It's sickening that anyone would defend the church's actions.

C

Chibibar

It's sickening that anyone would defend the church's actions.
This stuff makes me sick. Those to proclaim their own Holiness tend to be the most corrupt. What scum. They will be destroyed, and should be.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, such action is common (from what we learn today) look at the Catholic Church and its issue with all the molestation happening there for YEARS.

unfortunately, I have NO idea why these things are being cover up. It just look bad for the organization as a whole (in the long run) it is better (IMO) to oust the offender and be done with it instead of hiding/shuffling the offender around.

I know that some religion believe in forgiveness and stuff, but when your "leaders" commit these acts and get away with it, it make the populous thinks they can do the same thing.

C

Chazwozel

Others still hiding behind dogma of "If something wrong happened, God will sort it out. So just pray and everything will be fine." The time for waiting is over. The victim, now married and a mother of three, deserves justice and something to happen in order for some resolution.
This is the worst damn mentality to have over anything. EVER! "Sending prayers out" is a nice way to feel good about doing NOTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.