Export thread

Twitch Sings

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik got in the beta too, apparently.

So here's our first duet - He didn't find his webcam for this first one so it used his avatar instead

He did this one under protest

I apologize for my atonal warbling in this one

This one was a challenge, we had technical difficulties but finally got it out

Terrik

Terrik

This was actually more fun than I expected it to be

GasBandit

GasBandit

And in case people missed them, here are my past solo performances

Ok, well, not "past," did this one tonight while waiting for Terrik, too

Terrik

Terrik

As a side note: In the duets we aren't actually singing together--not exactly. He records his part, I join the open duet, record my part, and Twitch Sings puts both parts together to spit out the video. It's actually a neat system, because you can record a bunch of solo parts, and someone, like Gas, can sing his part whenever he's got time for it.

Dave

Dave

The reason I will never do this is because I'd look just like you guys did, plus I'd be in my basement singing. I already take enough crap from my wife about streaming I think this would push her over the edge.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Let me know when they start doing songs from Meaning of Life.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

The reason I will never do this is because I'd look just like you guys did
Ok, ruuuude...

I already take enough crap from my wife about streaming I think this would push her over the edge.
Whk-CHHHSSS!

Although, another thing that the non-simultaneous nature of the duets means, is you could set your WIFE up with her own twitch login, and then you two could make duets with just the one computer...

GasBandit

GasBandit

For those who wanted to make requests, here's the song list -

PatrThom

PatrThom

Chattahoochee? Really?

Also LOL "A Hores With No Name."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Chattahoochee? Really?

--Patrick
Can confirm, people actually sing it unironically south of the Mason-Dixon.

PatrThom

PatrThom

The line I think it's crossing isn't the Mason-Dixon so much as that of the last millennium.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

The line I think it's crossing isn't the Mason-Dixon so much as that of the last millennium.

--Patrick
And yet you have nothing to say about the dozens of Beatles tracks on the list, right? :p

Dei

Dei

Also, even if you didn't sign up before, the twitch sings page says if you sign up now, you'll get an email to get in within 24-48 hours.

GasBandit

GasBandit

And for anyone who is interested in getting in on it but doesn't know how to stream, you don't have to. The Twitch Sings program handles everything for you, with no setup whatsoever (and you don't have to stream live while you sing, you can just have the finished product saved). And the videos it uploads are low quality (as I'm sure you can see by what we've posted) so they don't take forever to upload.

So really, anybody with a microphone can get in on this. A webcam would be good, too, but isn't strictly required.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Have witnessed, can confirm as well. Not something I ever thought I could admit, coming from the North!

PatrThom

PatrThom

And yet you have nothing to say about the dozens of Beatles tracks on the list, right? :p
Why would I? Those are timeless.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

The only Alan Parsons Project song is "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You"? That's one of their worst "hits". Sheesh. There are so many better songs. And I'm shocked about Landing in London by 3 Doors Down. It's a duet with them & Bob Seger.

Looking at the rest of the list now.

Dave

Dave

America - A Hores With No Name.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The only Alan Parsons Project song is "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You"? That's one of their worst "hits". Sheesh. There are so many better songs. And I'm shocked about Landing in London by 3 Doors Down. It's a duet with them & Bob Seger.

Looking at the rest of the list now.
Yeah, I've also had issues where the song I wanted to sing by a given artist wasn't there, but other, "lesser" tracks were. I suspect it has to do with costs to license.

Duet or solo, and if solo, by who? :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Chattahoochee? Really?
Also LOL "A Hores With No Name."
It really stands out, doesn’t it?

—Patrick

Dave

Dave

It did in the list. However, I only saw the Chattahoochee part of your first post. Skimming for fun & profit.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It should probably be pointed out that this list is compiled by a user, and that typo isn't in the game proper.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Four Frozen songs and Let It Go isn't in there? Bah! Bah, I say!

If you want a challenge, Dream On by Aerosmith is a great song.

EDIT: Oh wait, I see Let It Go is listed under Idina Menzel. Well, I know what I'm requestin'.

GasBandit

GasBandit

If you want a challenge, Dream On by Aerosmith is a great song.
Terrik complains when I pick songs that have high parts.

Dei

Dei

I would complain too, my daughter is the soprano, certainly not me.

Terrik

Terrik

Terrik complains when I pick songs that have high parts.
I might try the belt them out if I was drunk and/or I wasn't afraid that my neighbors might complain

Null

Null

Terrik & GB doing "Father and Son" by Cat Stevens would be interesting.

Also, all that Imagine Dragons and no Radioactive? Really?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Also, all that Imagine Dragons and no Radioactive? Really?
Yeah, I've also had issues where the song I wanted to sing by a given artist wasn't there, but other, "lesser" tracks were. I suspect it has to do with costs to license.

drifter

drifter

*Patiently waits for Adina Howard "Freak Like Me" to be an option*

Dei

Dei

Me trying to play will be accompanied by my daughter in the background telling me I suck. Just you wait.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Me trying to play will be accompanied by my daughter in the background telling me I suck. Just you wait.
Lock her outside the house for the 4 minutes it takes to do a song :p

Also, tell her that, like so much in life, sucking is what makes karaoke good.

Well, maybe not in those exact words.

Dei

Dei

Lock her outside the house for the 4 minutes it takes to do a song :p

Also, tell her that, like so much in life, sucking is what makes karaoke good.

Well, maybe not in those exact words.
Ever since we started paying for voice lessons for her two years ago, she thinks she's the god of singing. :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

"I am a man of constant sorry" :D:mad::D

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Oh, and it might be slightly unintuitive to find duets that we've started. The trick is the magnifying glass in the upper right, then click players, then search for the twitch name (IE, GasBandit or Terrikus1985), and when you find them that way, it will show you all the duets we've started that you can complete.

Or you can start your own duet, and let us know to go complete it :p

Terrik

Terrik

I did a couple more, and I tried doing a rando's duet for the lulz

GasBandit

GasBandit

I started a duet for Baby One More Time by Britney Spears. Complete it if you dare. Anyone.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I did one solo

And then completed the duets of a couple randos:

You go, little asian dude doing Garth Brooks!

And then there's the bayou bombshell..

Dei

Dei

My vocals are all over the fucking place. I am clearly not great at this.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I am clearly not great at this.
The trick is to compensate by going LOUDER! :D It always works!

Dave

Dave

The first rule of karaoke.

Dei

Dei

The trick is to compensate by going LOUDER! :D It always works!
You are not wrong, and TBH I always sound better when I go louder. The problem is that my brain freaks the fuck out and I'm fighting against myself. :p

bhamv3

bhamv3

My vocals are all over the fucking place. I am clearly not great at this.
I hope you don't mind me saying your singing voice is incredibly cute. :D

GasBandit

GasBandit

I hope you don't mind me saying your singing voice is incredibly cute. :D
You know that part in a lot of Westerns, where a guy walks into a saloon, and says something to somebody, and everybody ELSE oh-so-casually walks out of the way and gets behind something thick enough to stop bullets? :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

You know that part in a lot of Westerns, where a guy walks into a saloon, and says something to somebody, and everybody ELSE oh-so-casually walks out of the way and gets behind something thick enough to stop bullets? :p
Yes, that’s what happens when you call a woman a “girl” within earshot of @WasabiPoptart .

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Terrik completed Stand By Me with me and didn't even SAY anything about it.

Also I find it hilarious that Twitch Sings apparently reset his stream title so that all his Overwatch streams since he started doing this are now called "Hakuna Matata in the style of The Lion King."

GasBandit

GasBandit

I completed a couple of @Dei's duets -

And then I did a couple duets with random people (that were distressingly better at singing than me)-

And then, since nobody completed it, I figured I'd finish my own duet for this one :p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Well, you guys *almost* sucked me in...but i was saved by fate

1552439877044.png

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Ok..you guys get one.

I downloaded Karafun, which is free karaoke software. It has little 15-45 second snippets of tunes if you don't pay a subscription. I ain't paying to torture myself, but I'll give you guys a few seconds of Elvis Presley.

I spent a good half hour finding a song that was well within my key.

I tried to stick it on youtube, but it's stuck in process hell. I'll try to get it up tomorrow if it's finished.

Dave

Dave

Karafun is what I use for my professional Karaoke gigs.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hey, that's not shabby. But like I tell everybody else, try to pick songs that makes you sing LOUD! Belting it out always sounds better than soft and low, in karaoke.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

everyone had just gone to bed...I didn't want my wife to yell at me from up stairs about the noise ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I did a few more duets with randos. Also, I wanted to do "We don't have to take our clothes off" but it turns out they only have the slow, soulful Ella Eyre version, and not the fun 80s Jermaine Stewart version :/

GasBandit

GasBandit

I think I'm the only one still doing this. Well, I had a go at Ella Eyre anyway, even though it's not my usual bailiwick.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I DID comsider it, but was also saved at the last minute by the end of the beta.

—Patrick

Terrik

Terrik

I've been busy. Might try tonight again

GasBandit

GasBandit

Exhibit A, for why Gas Bandit generally doesn't attempt songs with high notes.

evilmike

evilmike

Terrik

Terrik

I want more songs

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I downloaded it. But I'm leaving to fly out to Arizona in about 8 hours. So it'll have to wait til I get back to look at it.

Cog

Cog

If you are willing to sing in spanish, Vero will karaoke with you all night.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Gas and Vero - Despacito duet?

Cog

Cog

This song

PatrThom

PatrThom

I could probably do "Porque te vas." It'd take me back to the days of Saura in film class.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alas, we are limited to whatever twich gives us and I didn't even see la Bamba there.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Alas, we are limited to whatever twich gives us and I didn't even see la Bamba there.
What? Not even "Bamboleo?"

--Patrick

Cog

Cog

What? Not even "Bamboleo?"

--Patrick
La vida no se puede vivir asi.

GasBandit

GasBandit

A random guy completed one of my duets! Shock and surprise!

Dave

Dave

It's almost like the guy had never heard the song. He was always a beat or two slow and his delivery was clipped like you could tell he was reading more than singing.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's almost like the guy had never heard the song. He was always a beat or two slow and his delivery was clipped like you could tell he was reading more than singing.
Oh he knew the song.. the problem was, this cover of "I will Survive," the Cake cover, was done by an artist with a tendency to speak-sing and do funky improvisational meter in his lyrics. And that makes it hard for two people to sing it at the same time, because everybody hits those beats somewhere different. And because the two parts are recorded separately, my recording couldn't adjust to him on the fly like I would in person. You can hear him lament this too, when he's talking about how this song's vocalist is "all over the place." He's not talking about me, he means John McCrea. If anything, I think his delivery was probably more accurate to the source than mine, because I just tried to do what I was comfortable with, and I think he was trying to emulate McCrea as closely as he could.

Dave

Dave

I know which version it was. The music made it obvious. But it was still rather typical karaoke.

And I'm not sending dispersions your way. I've done a LOT of karaoke gigs so I'm really jaded and cynical when it comes to this sort of thing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I remember the first time I saw the video, and I thought it was a stupid cover and they were a stupid group for ruining the song.
Then I learned what they were like, and realized it was a deliberate “take” on the song, and I learned to appreciate it.

—Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

So, Barbie Girl is on Twitch Sings now

GasBandit

GasBandit

ROLE REVERSAL

GasBandit

GasBandit

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS JOINED THE BATTLE

GasBandit

GasBandit