[Other] Two weeks from tomorrow will mark the anniversary of Mikko's passing.

Dave

Staff member
In lieu of having an anniversary contest like we usually do, I'd like to figure out a way where we could all get together - virtually - and just shoot the shit. About Halforums, about life. But mostly about Mikko. It's been a year since he left us and I still miss the big guy. His humor and warmth were things that we should all aspire to.

So how should we do this? The Vent server is not big enough, I think, and the Shoutbox gets bogged down if there's more than a few on.

So what should we do?

Beyond this, are we planning on sending a message to his family to let them know we're thinking about them?

"I have more respect for men who keep their promises, know when to laugh and when to mourn, and who always try to do what's right."
- NR

I doubt he'd want us to be all mopey, so what can we do to celebrate his life and the humor and joy he brought to us?

My last trip brought me through Norway and Sweden, unfortunately skipping Finland, otherwise I could have done a little tribute photo.

One day I accidentally reordered the threads in the forum and the first one was something Mikko had posted. For a second I thought he had come back, like he had been on a break from the forum and popped in to say hi. Then I realized it was impossible. That sucked.

One day I accidentally reordered the threads in the forum and the first one was something Mikko had posted. For a second I thought he had come back, like he had been on a break from the forum and popped in to say hi. Then I realized it was impossible. That sucked.
What is, "Every time I see threads started by North Ranger" for $1 000 000, Alex

My group has collaborators in Finland, and we have conference calls every other week with them. I think about N_R every session. I wonder if his Dad was a participant in the study.

I hope his family is doing well.