Uganda's Anti-Gay bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/22/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6011458.shtml

Ok. this is my last for today :) but seriously. I learn something new today, I didn't know that the "top Christian" people have that close a relation with Uganda.

It is interesting how some of the wording put into play.
In the letter, the men say their religious faith requires them to oppose the legislation because it contradicts the "foundational Christian belief in the inherent dignity and worth of all men and women.
ah.... but that dignity does NOT include allowing them to marry huh??? or have equal rights government benefits (without the extra paper work) in the U.S. huh?

Dave

Staff member
Kurtz is more hated than Rush Limbaugh? I did not know that.

And I listened to an interesting program on NPR that tied several American evangelists have had a hand in this, although they deny it.

C

Chibibar

Kurtz is more hated than Rush Limbaugh? I did not know that.

And I listened to an interesting program on NPR that tied several American evangelists have had a hand in this, although they deny it.
Of course they deny it. Isn't it "kill thy neighbor for not believing the same thing as you do" kinda go against the Bible? ;)

Of course they deny it. Isn't it "kill thy neighbor for not believing the same thing as you do" kinda go against the Bible? ;)[/QUOTE]

Private agendas always trump what's actually written in scripture. Haven't you learned anything by now?!

I've hesitated to say anything on this, because I'm afraid of coming off as inflammatory. I will say simply that none of this surprises me. That area of the world is very anti-gay, so the new bill isn't surprising. Uganda is very Christian, and American preachers are very far-reaching, so their influence is not surprising.

The most surprising thing about this is probably that the Republican party is crying foul about it. But even that's not surprising: you don't have to like homosexuals or believe that they deserve all the rights of heterosexuals in order to see that flat out killing them off is ridiculous.

C

Chibibar

Of course they deny it. Isn't it "kill thy neighbor for not believing the same thing as you do" kinda go against the Bible? ;)[/QUOTE]

Private agendas always trump what's actually written in scripture. Haven't you learned anything by now?!

I've hesitated to say anything on this, because I'm afraid of coming off as inflammatory. I will say simply that none of this surprises me. That area of the world is very anti-gay, so the new bill isn't surprising. Uganda is very Christian, and American preachers are very far-reaching, so their influence is not surprising.

The most surprising thing about this is probably that the Republican party is crying foul about it. But even that's not surprising: you don't have to like homosexuals or believe that they deserve all the rights of heterosexuals in order to see that flat out killing them off is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I see that some of the "vocal" groups would LOVE to just kill off anyone who don't believe what they believe (This include most religions and belief) but in reality that won't fly if spoken publicly. Majority of the people just follow their own belief but those few influential and vocal people can get X religion into such trouble with their extreme views.

Status
Not open for further replies.