Use Emblems ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come the next patch, all emblems will be converted to Justice Points, which is the new currency for buying tier items. You may be thinking "hey, I can farm heroics now so that I can just buy all the level 85 tier gear as soon as Cataclysm is released", but the conversion rate is awful for existing emblems. Right now, an emblem of Frost or Triumph converts to 2.75 Justice Points. In the PTR, the Tier 10 helm costs 1100 Justice Points. So, if you save up the emblems to the next patch, you're essentially going to waste 400 emblems to purchase something that costs 95 emblems now.

I made a light mention about this in the other thread, but yes, the conversion is horrible. There is a chance they will change it and increase it, due to all the complaining going on.

Really the best bet? If you are stockpiling Emblems, see if the PTR changes the conversion rate. Once the PTR goes "offline" the patch will pretty much be deployed that next Tuesday. I find it normally gives you a day or two breathing room to then dump all the emblems.

Not sure what I would dump mine into anyways, I have all the heirlooms on my other server so I am just waiting for them to add cross-server Heirloom mailing like they promised months ago.

Blizzard decided to modify the conversion rate for emblems from 2.75 per to 11.58 per. So, resume farming emblems.

shoot, I kinda quit farming emblems when I bought all my tier 10 stuff and the highest pvp gear to be purchased with frost badges.

Status
Not open for further replies.