Voice Career or Bust. Looking for your opinions. UPDATED WITH NEW ANIMATION DEMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? No pop screen? Pop screens are great at mitigating things like breath noise and fricatives/percussives. They also have the added benefit of keeping you from spitting on/corroding your expensive mics, too.

And if you can't afford a full-fledged pop screen, there's always the coat-hanger-and-panty-hose method.

--Patrick

My favorite phrase is "Fabulous cash prizes." It contains just about every bad syllable. Sibilants, percussives, it has them all.

--Patrick

Agent search isn't going as well as I had hoped. I've had one call from an Agent who is out in Omaha, but they seemed convinced it would only work if I lived nearby. Damnation, Omaha, haven't you heard of the internet?

Networking seems to be yielding better results. Even through the forums our very own David gave me an opportunity to provide a voice for his next animated short. I have a friend who lives in Australia who has an uncle who works as a voice over artist, and is going to try and get him a copy of my demos. I also tried contacting animator Adam Phillips (Brackenwood shorts) regarding sending him my demo and actually got a reply.

Edit: Adam wrote back after hearing my demos. Said he absolutely loved them. :D

Mine came with a stand and isn't overly sensitive. There are three settings on the back. Try different ones. I think there's one with a built in -20db pad. I have to play around with it depending on what I'm recording.

M

Matt²

Agent search isn't going as well as I had hoped. I've had one call from an Agent who is out in Omaha, but they seemed convinced it would only work if I lived nearby. Damnation, Omaha, haven't you heard of the internet?

Networking seems to be yielding better results. Even through the forums our very own David gave me an opportunity to provide a voice for his next animated short. I have a friend who lives in Australia who has an uncle who works as a voice over artist, and is going to try and get him a copy of my demos. I also tried contacting animator Adam Phillips (Brackenwood shorts) regarding sending him my demo and actually got a reply.

Edit: Adam wrote back after hearing my demos. Said he absolutely loved them. :D
sweet! Congrats man, keep it up!
I looked up some Jetblue, Hotwire and other deals, and I'm going to try to make it back down to Burbank in a few months, once I save up, and attend one of those voiceacting seminars.

Status
Not open for further replies.