Walk away from your mortgage because you were an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least Fade and GL can rest easy knowing that those dastardly people who skipped out on their loans will be getting their comeuppance.

C

Chibibar

"Deficiency Judgement", eh? That's pretty funny... I suppose then that in the cases where the foreclosure sell results in PROFIT to the lender, the burrower is entitled to receive the difference, right?[/QUOTE]

You know.... I do wonder about that. I mean if the banks can go after YOU for leaving, I'm sure it should work in reverse!!

Well, at least Fade and GL can rest easy knowing that those dastardly people who skipped out on their loans will be getting their comeuppance.
Tacking on $65k to $400k debt will matter very little for some one that will just ride the tide until their credit clears up.

C

Chibibar

Tacking on $65k to $400k debt will matter very little for some one that will just ride the tide until their credit clears up.[/QUOTE]

True, but this one will ride with you upto 20 years. I am not sure if it can be cleared with Bankruptcy in some states (some can like they did in the article) but the banks will usually do this if.

Guy A bought a house for 400k, market crashed and house only REALLY worth 125K, he can't sell it to make any profit, ditch it and living ok (he has a job, everything is paid on time) so the bank will try to sell the house, if the bank succeed and only sold it for 200k, then if Guy A owe 380k, then Guy A now has a debt of 180k to the bank.

Guy B bought the same home, but lost his job, divorce, and lose his home, if he didn't recover in 5 years (article said upto 5 year wait) and still in deep in debt, the bank might just write it off.

@Tinwhistler: I would have to agree, I don't think the owner will get it. That mean with the right lawyer, a person could get out of that debt too since the bank clear it BUT also, if a person is going to sell it, make sure the bank sign a form to RELEASE all debt relating to the home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.