Wanna be an Artist of the Month: UPDATED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we are trying to get the AOTM feature back up and running... depending on how many of you lovely folks sign up then it will determine how things roll. If no one signs up then we might not have an artist of the month, etc, etc.
So. How do you sign up you ask? Since you asked so politely I shall tell you.
Merely do the following:

I would like to be an AOTM

Just like that so that I see it and I can compile a master list. Do you sing? Write poetry? Do felt cut out bible stories? Draw comics? Make animation? Have a webcomic? Host a late night show that hasn't been taken over by Jay Leno? Well the you sir or madam should sign up STAT!

Rock on Halforums artists!

Schedule:
Espy - Feburary
Philosopher B. - March
LittleSin - April
Cajungal - May
David - June
Zappit - July
Fun Size - August
Rob King - September
Allen who is quiet consider the glass broken OMG! - October

Did I miss anyone? Once we get through first run people we can see about having those who went last year do another month. If you want in and I missed you hurry and talk!

Wanna be an Artist of the Month: Hear this call and sign up!

I would like to be artist of the month.

...now I need tgo make a thread in artist corner.

I would submit myself, but calling my efforts to make people giggle on DLOG "art" seems presumptuous somehow, and my collection of scrotal sculptures always gets deemed NSFW and offensive, which I think is really unfair. Do you know how hard it is to train your scrotum to look like the Dalai Lama?

P

Philosopher B.

I would like to be an AOTM.

Dave

Staff member

In that case, what we'll probably do is state that January is a rundown month showing the previous year. We'll start with February, which will be Espy.

Barring not getting enough people who are artsy we can always do a "Spotlight On..." and then spotlight a forum user.

Awesome! Lots of time so if you have some stuff you wanna show off go nuts.

Cajungal

Staff member

If I get better at ukulele this year I'll throw my hat in sometime. :)

I already included you in my mental list CJ. You have NO CHOICE.

ONE OF US! ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

Zappit

Staff member

I'm getting a new sci-fi comic together, and will be hoping to get some preview materials up around here in a few weeks. That, and I'm just starting to get some new Pixel strips finished, and hope to re-launch some time this year with a graphic novel format. I suppose if you can wait till I get some fresh stuff up here, I'll sign up.

Dave

Staff member

We can do it in any month you want, my friend.

I'd like to be, but compared to the artists in here, my stuff looks like stick people :p

Now if we were using Karaoke, I'd kill all y'alls asses.

Same as Zap, I would like to be an AOTM later on after I get some better stuff to show off finished.

I'd do it again. I can be the filler month.

Phil, that could probably be arranged assuming you have some new stuff?

I'd do it again later this year. It might motivate me enough to get off my lazy ass and actually PRODUCE.

Take this as seriously as you want.

Later in the year, if I have a more robust portfolio of digital paintings, sure, I'd be interested in being an AotM again.

If writing is acceptable 'artistry' perhaps I might submit myself. I would definitely like to be tacked near the end of the year if I'm used at all, though. I've got a bit of stuff done which I could present but I have far more interesting projects coming up that should be done during the summer months.

No hard feelings if I'm unacceptable though. There's a thread in the Artists' Corner subforum that I am growing increasingly self-conscious of, and which might be very telling of my literary prowess.

Rob, you are in buddy, write your little heart out!

As to repeats, as long as people have new stuff I have zero problem with it if Dave doesn't. As long as new people can get in on it it's all good to me.

Cajungal

Staff member

I'd do it again later this year. It might motivate me enough to get off my lazy ass and actually PRODUCE.

Take this as seriously as you want.
Yes, you should!

I'm good with the one time. :) I enjoyed my time in the spotlight, but I'm happy sending people to the thread I have in the art forum.

Espy, consider me behind glass that you should only break if there are no other A's for some M.

Well, I guess I can't really do it. We'll only have 2 more episodes before most of us have to move away and our group will basically be done with. Maybe I could post those with some writings I have, sketches we never filmed and a short story excerpt I've got laying around somewhere, but otherwise I don't think I'd have a lot to offer.

Actually, what the hell? I want in.

For...for the writing. I don't feel the world is ready for the scrotal sculpture yet.

Dave

Staff member

Espy is handling it this year so I'll leave it up to him to set the schedule.

Thanks Dave, I'll post a schedule later today with who we have so far.

Schedule:
Espy - Feburary
Philosopher B. - March
LittleSin - April
Cajungal - May
David - June
Zappit - July
Fun Size - August
Rob King - September
Allen who is quiet consider the glass broken OMG! - October

Did I miss anyone? Once we get through first run people we can see about having those who went last year do another month. If you want in and I missed you hurry and talk!

Cajungal

Staff member
Well y'all forgive me if I'm not that active during the first week of May. Exams, you know. Otherwise, I'd better get youtube workin....

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

also... :laugh:

Cajungal

Staff member
If anyone in the summer months who's not in school wouldn't mind, then sure thing. Otherwise, May's really no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.