[Books] Want to read the Elric books finally, where the heck do I start?

So I've never read any of the Elric books (or any Moorcock in general, actually), and they had been recommended to me before, so I feel like giving them a shot.

The problem is that the books/novellas/novelettes have been re-published and re-packaged so many times I literally have no clue where to start or on which edition. The wiki page says that a reprint that would be chronological to the in-universe timeline was announced in 2012, but it doesn't show up (at least identifiably as such) on Amazon.

Any advice?

These collect the first 6 (and original books).
Amazon product
Amazon product

Everything else, fits somewhere between the books collected above. These six volumes tell a complete story and you need not read anything else until you want to venture into the other Eternal Champion stories (Corum, Hawkmoon, Erekose, etc).

Holy shitnuts, that first one is $75?! Hopefully, I can easily piece it together from other more mass market-friendly forms...

That's quite a sandwich you've expressed a desire in ordering.
Are you sure you can finish it?
Truth be told, I am not certain. But if they're at least enjoyable, I'm certainly not losing anything by trying to first couple.

Yeah, I picked that one more because it lists the titles of the three books it re-prints. Look around and you should be able to find them for much cheaper.