Export thread

Waylon Smithers, Montgomery Burns, Principal Skinner, Kent Brockman, etc., etc.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

As @Frank originally posted in the Movie News thread, by all appearances Harry Shearer will not be continuing on the Simpsons in spite of a 2-year renewal.

Not that this news is particularly surprising. Harry has referred to himself as the "turd in the punch bowl" when discussing his reputation as a malcontent. But still. :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I get what you were going for with the characters in the title, but the use of the Brazelton tag made me think the voice actor had died.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I get what you were going for with the characters in the title, but the use of the Brazelton tag made me think the voice actor had died.
With the loss of 23 characters, renewal or no, it's probably the show that just died.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

In an upcoming episode, 24 characters are all trapped inside a burning building.

Miraculously, they all live.

Unfortunately, all the smoke inhalation did considerable damage to their voices, changing them forever.

They just, you know, HAPPEN to all be voiced by Harry Shearer.

Bowielee

Bowielee

With the loss of 23 characters, renewal or no, it's probably the show that just died.
But is that seriously a bad thing, though? Cancelling the Simpsons at this point is a mercy killing.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I was about to say something similar.

I am also shocked at how few female characters there are on the show.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, let's hope they don't take the Chef route.

--Patrick

Zappit

Zappit

Yeah, this will probably be pretty damn hard to come back from.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Harry's characters are getting recast, apparently.

The BBC recommends this guy.

For the record, I don't.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Close, but still kinda terrible.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

They probably need to hire more than one person to cover all that.

And GOD NO on that video.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Wow, those were awful.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I'm going to agree that this guy is horrible.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

The Simpsons already did it:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I love how full-circle almost every joke they've made about shows going on too long have come.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Just gonna leave this here.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I just don't care about the Simpsons anymore so I don't really care about the news. He sounds like a bit of a prick anyway. But, I can't deny his talent: from Spinal Tap to Mr Burns.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, the long and the short of it is that he doesn't need the Simpsons. It's really not his claim to fame. He's probably more recognized for his mockumentary movies than he is for his voice work, whereas the rest of the voice cast (minus the late, great Phil Hartman) are pretty much just known for the Simpsons.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dave

Dave

Of course not. I think we all knew this would happen.

Zappit

Zappit

What was that bit?

Homer: You know, Mr. Burns, you're the richest guy I know.

Mr. Burns: Yes...But I'd give it up for a little bit more.

Seems appropriate here.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Jesus 300k per episode. At least most of them earn the money, Lisa's VA doesn't do anyone but Lisa (used to do the random whines for Maggie awhile back, too, I guess).[DOUBLEPOST=1436322188,1436322096][/DOUBLEPOST]All this being said and done, though, I still haven't watched the show in years and can't see myself bothering with it anyway.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Hank Azaria was transferred to another unemployment office where his condition was upgraded from unemployed to employed!

Frank

Frank

Having been stuck with nothing much to do other than watch TV for the past week, I watched some of the new Simpsons. I don't think I'll be doing that again. I've read a lot of defenders saying it's still good, just different. I heartily disagree, having watched, recently, a lot of season 2-7 episodes with my brothers (what we watched as kids) they still COMPLETELY hold up and are still some of the funniest TV ever produced. The new episodes are shinier, but lack the density of incredible jokes of the old shows.

Celt Z

Celt Z

So, does this news make this thread a Brazelton zombie? It would seem Mr. Burns et al have come back from the dead. (Probably more like coming out of a coma, since we were pretty sure he was going to come back if the right amount of $$$ was waved.)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Homer: "He's unconscious! What do we do?"
Smithers: "Quick! Try the smelling salts!"
(Homer reaches into the first aid kit, pulls out a tube labeled "Smelling Salts," and waves it under Burns' nose. Fumes come from it and pass over his prodigious nose but nothing happens.)
Homer: "It's not working!"
Smithers: (desperately)"Try the other one!"
(Homer reaches into the first aid kit again, pulls out a different colored tube labeled "$melling $alt$," and waves it under Burns' nose. Fumes come from the tube and waft over Burns' nose again, but this time they start being sucked into his nose, and Mr. Burns coughs and stirs.)
Homer: "It's working!"
Smithers: "Come back to me...er ah us, sir!"
Mr. Burns: (sitting up) "Wha..? Where am I? Why are you two standing around doing nothing?"
Homer and Smithers: "Yay!"

--Patrick