[Brazelton] Waylon Smithers, Montgomery Burns, Principal Skinner, Kent Brockman, etc., etc.

I get what you were going for with the characters in the title, but the use of the Brazelton tag made me think the voice actor had died.

In an upcoming episode, 24 characters are all trapped inside a burning building.

Miraculously, they all live.

Unfortunately, all the smoke inhalation did considerable damage to their voices, changing them forever.

They just, you know, HAPPEN to all be voiced by Harry Shearer.

I just don't care about the Simpsons anymore so I don't really care about the news. He sounds like a bit of a prick anyway. But, I can't deny his talent: from Spinal Tap to Mr Burns.

Well, the long and the short of it is that he doesn't need the Simpsons. It's really not his claim to fame. He's probably more recognized for his mockumentary movies than he is for his voice work, whereas the rest of the voice cast (minus the late, great Phil Hartman) are pretty much just known for the Simpsons.

Zappit

Staff member
What was that bit?

Homer: You know, Mr. Burns, you're the richest guy I know.

Mr. Burns: Yes...But I'd give it up for a little bit more.

Seems appropriate here.

Jesus 300k per episode. At least most of them earn the money, Lisa's VA doesn't do anyone but Lisa (used to do the random whines for Maggie awhile back, too, I guess).[DOUBLEPOST=1436322188,1436322096][/DOUBLEPOST]All this being said and done, though, I still haven't watched the show in years and can't see myself bothering with it anyway.

Having been stuck with nothing much to do other than watch TV for the past week, I watched some of the new Simpsons. I don't think I'll be doing that again. I've read a lot of defenders saying it's still good, just different. I heartily disagree, having watched, recently, a lot of season 2-7 episodes with my brothers (what we watched as kids) they still COMPLETELY hold up and are still some of the funniest TV ever produced. The new episodes are shinier, but lack the density of incredible jokes of the old shows.

So, does this news make this thread a Brazelton zombie? It would seem Mr. Burns et al have come back from the dead. (Probably more like coming out of a coma, since we were pretty sure he was going to come back if the right amount of $$$ was waved.)

Homer: "He's unconscious! What do we do?"
Smithers: "Quick! Try the smelling salts!"
(Homer reaches into the first aid kit, pulls out a tube labeled "Smelling Salts," and waves it under Burns' nose. Fumes come from it and pass over his prodigious nose but nothing happens.)
Homer: "It's not working!"
Smithers: (desperately)"Try the other one!"
(Homer reaches into the first aid kit again, pulls out a different colored tube labeled "$melling $alt$," and waves it under Burns' nose. Fumes come from the tube and waft over Burns' nose again, but this time they start being sucked into his nose, and Mr. Burns coughs and stirs.)
Homer: "It's working!"
Smithers: "Come back to me...er ah us, sir!"
Mr. Burns: (sitting up) "Wha..? Where am I? Why are you two standing around doing nothing?"
Homer and Smithers: "Yay!"

--Patrick