we chose to go to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouRbkBAOGEw:26h2c6pf][/youtube:26h2c6pf]

And a rebuttal:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5smPcN8AoE:220hep5w][/youtube:220hep5w]

Of course not. Doesn't mean that it doesn't mean anything to us. My dad's story about staying up really late with his grandfather only weeks before his death watching the live broadcast of the first moonwalk is one of my favorite things about my dad.

C

Chibibar

My mom remembers it.

My dad thought it was awesome at the time.

I wasn't even born yet :)

MOOOOOOON!!!

*ahem* Sorry, I've been watching that Abridged Dragon Ball Z. :D

W

Wasabi Poptart

jwhouk said:
:facepalm:

Do any of you - other than perhaps Ed - actually REMEMBER any of the moon landings?
I don't. I was a few months over 1 year old when the last lunar landing happened in 1972.

P

Philosopher B.

Seen plenty of clips/quotes of that speech before. Never seen the whole thing, though. Might get around to watching it fully through.

jwhouk said:
Do any of you - other than perhaps Ed - actually REMEMBER any of the moon landings?
Well, I was born in '88, so that'd be kind of impossible ...

jwhouk said:

Difficult, since they pulled the plug a couple years before I was born. Didn't realize talking about it was facepalm-worthy, though.

Dick.

jwhouk said:

Gee, no. That's the problem when your dad's only 9 years old when stuff like that goes down.

jwhouk said:

Ah. So just because we're not old enough to remember it, it shouldn't be remembered?

Kay, we'll just start repeating all our mistakes with World War II, since we won't remember to learn from them.

If that is the moon speech that I am thinking of, it was his last public speech before the assassination.

I don't remember the moon landing because I was still in my momma awaiting delivery.

C

Chazwozel

jwhouk said:

I wasn't around for the Great Depression, prohibition, World War I or II, the fall of Rome, the trials of Galileo, the development of Calculus, or the American Revolution for a start... Am I not allowed to talk about those either?

Status
Not open for further replies.