Export thread

Well, then.

ElJuski

ElJuski

So, how are we.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Someone be my date to @ElJuski's wedding.

ElJuski

ElJuski

yes.

HowDroll

HowDroll

Since you're my go-to but happen to be CONVENIENTLY UNAVAILABLE that night.

ElJuski

ElJuski

sorry bro

drifter

drifter

Congrats on not having El Juski be your date.

Oh, good on the wedding and stuff, too.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hi Y'all.

Boy, past faces coming out of the woodwork recently.[DOUBLEPOST=1434554841,1434554621][/DOUBLEPOST]Really, all our tribulations are extensively documented! What we want to know is what's new with YOU. Other than getting married, obviously, though if you want to talk more about that, you've been sufficiently vague for that to be appropriate.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Well, to be honest, it's been a huge rollercoaster ride of a year(or so).

My sister-in-law was diagnosed with stomach cancer back last February; fought the good fight and died in October. I got engaged in December during an East Wing Christmas tour. My school lost it's charter and is closing next week; waiting on which new school I'm accepting a position to. Uhh...anything else, can't really think...I might get a puppy at the end of July. About to start sending out my first novel manuscript to publishers, I guess.

Oh, and Jurassic World was terrible. Shame on all of us for making that train-wreck happen.

And talking to Droll about this place, and popping in. Woohoo

GasBandit

GasBandit

My sister-in-law was diagnosed with stomach cancer back last February; fought the good fight and died in October. I got engaged in December during an East Wing Christmas tour. My school lost it's charter and is closing next week; waiting on which new school I'm accepting a position to. Uhh...anything else, can't really think...I might get a puppy at the end of July. About to start sending out my first novel manuscript to publishers, I guess.

Oh, and Jurassic World was terrible. Shame on all of us for making that train-wreck happen.

Neat. Sorry about your sister in law. I've yet to see Jurassic World, but it sounds like a Netflixer. Good luck to you and your lady. I lost mine in 2013 to ovarian cancer. I've been a mopey bitch mostly since, but I got a big promotion at work with a big raise, got a cat, and lesse... oh yeah, Dave made me an admin - how's that for irony? The agitator's now the oppressor and whatnot. Anyway, I mostly fill my time with drinking, trying to be nicer to people, and making youtube videos.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Damn, that sucks. Sorry man! But congrats on the promotion here at HF.

So what, no more virulent libertarian flame wars?

fade

fade

Aw man, did the forum reset again?

bhamv3

bhamv3

I can't decide whether to hug for your sister in law, brofist for the engagement, like for the puppy, or informative for the Jurassic World.

Also, hi Juice and Droll. Stick around, won't you? :)

HowDroll

HowDroll

Neat. Sorry about your sister in law. I've yet to see Jurassic World, but it sounds like a Netflixer. Good luck to you and your lady. I lost mine in 2013 to ovarian cancer. I've been a mopey bitch mostly since, but I got a big promotion at work with a big raise, got a cat, and lesse... oh yeah, Dave made me an admin - how's that for irony? The agitator's now the oppressor and whatnot. Anyway, I mostly fill my time with drinking, trying to be nicer to people, and making youtube videos.
That's awful, Gas. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Damn, that sucks. Sorry man! But congrats on the promotion here at HF.

So what, no more virulent libertarian flame wars?
There's still the rare libertarian rant, but I try to keep it contained to threads already marked "political," and I don't get personal any more.

That's awful, Gas. I'm so sorry for your loss :(
And then 6 months later I found out she'd been cheating on me for years.

But I don't want to turn this into another thread about my misfortunes, these guys have had to put up with enough of that over the last year and a half. The whole sordid story's over in the blogs section.

Null

Null

Don't forget the soft-core anime sitcom you're doing about the forumites.

Dave

Dave

Juice and Droll?!? So...when/where is the wedding? I'll be in Chicago this weekend so if it's then I could crash! Otherwise you'll be Dave-less.

Good to see both you knuckleheads and to see that you at least keep in touch with each other!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Don't forget the soft-core anime sitcom you're doing about the forumites.
Well, I figured that was in my signature, and included in "I make youtube videos." Sometimes I feel like a broken record for bringing up HFA2 all the time in unrelated threads.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Juski

HowDroll

HowDroll

Juice and Droll?!? So...when/where is the wedding? I'll be in Chicago this weekend so if it's then I could crash! Otherwise you'll be Dave-less.

Good to see both you knuckleheads and to see that you at least keep in touch with each other!
Wedding's not until next year... but if you're going to be in Chicago this weekend, you should totally let me take you out for dinner!

Dave

Dave

I roll in Sunday afternoon and was looking at hitting a Second City show. I have my show Monday night (private show) and then drive back Tuesday morning. But I might forego the Second City for some Droll...ness.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hiya both :waves:

GasBandit

GasBandit

I roll in Sunday afternoon and was looking at hitting a Second City show. I have my show Monday night (private show) and then drive back Tuesday morning. But I might forego the Second City for some Droll...ness.
TIL drollness IS actually the correct noun form of droll. And here I was sure it would be "drollity" or "drollitude" or some such.

HowDroll

HowDroll

If you have some time, let me know! I can hop on the L and get anywhere in the city really easily :) I'll PM you my number.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Well ain't this a good-feelin' thread.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

ElJuskiWine.png

ElJuski

ElJuski

Welcome to flavor country!

It's nice to catch up. Good ol' times.

HowDroll

HowDroll

@Dave is getting some Chicago-style pizza. Y'all better be jealous.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I miss your dog gif avatar.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

@Dave is getting some Chicago-style pizza. Y'all better be jealous.
I'm about to head out for Sal and Carmine's.

So... no. :D

HowDroll

HowDroll

I'm about to head out for Sal and Carmine's.

So... no. :D
*Googles it*

Ehhhhhhhh.... pass.

ElJuski

ElJuski

That pizza looks like a dissected herpe D:

GasBandit

GasBandit

That's pizza?? I thought it was an MRI cross section of a tumorous brain!!

ElJuski

ElJuski

great minds think alike, Gas.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Looks yummy. I'd try it.

HowDroll

HowDroll

I'll just leave this here:

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Since I'm in NYC this week, I present Jon's rebuttal. If tomorrow morning you find me stapled to the side of the Willis Tower, tell my family I love 'em.

:D

HowDroll

HowDroll

Since I'm in NYC this week, I present Jon's rebuttal. If tomorrow morning you find me stapled to the side of the Willis Tower, tell my family I love 'em.

:D
Gotta watch the follow-up too!

EDIT: auto-embed is shitting the bed. Remove the space from the URL.

http://t hedailyshow.cc.com/videos/g4hb45/strife-of-pie---a-pizza-truce

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Juskman! Bro-fist!

Not a whole lot new with me. I think you were still around when my first book came out. But now its sequel is coming out by the end of this summer! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1434580647,1434580285][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, who's next to come out of the woodwork? Another Shego spotting? Gilgamesh? Calleja?

...Mav? Do we want Mav back?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Juskman! Bro-fist!

Not a whole lot new with me. I think you were still around when my first book came out. But now its sequel is coming out by the end of this summer! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1434580647,1434580285][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, who's next to come out of the woodwork? Another Shego spotting? Gilgamesh? Calleja?

With our luck it'll be Icarus, since we were just talking about him the other day. Or maybe Iaculus, and he'll have to explain he's not Icarus again.

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

Getting some design jobs, finished up my story, and I appeared on Howard Stern and am kind of a Whackpacker.

And of course, congrats!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Anyway, Famous Joe's was a shorter subway jaunt that Sal & Carmine, and oh man was it good. [emoji41].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

With our luck it'll be Icarus, since we were just talking about him the other day. Or maybe Iaculus, and he'll have to explain he's not Icarus again.
I seem to recall Iaculus was a good bloke. He should come back (but maybe under another nickname, just to end the teasing). Wonder whatever happened to him.

Hmm, what other old regulars are we missing? JCM is too busy with family and such, I know that. Or, well, he's just all of us.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

My post in Our semi-peri-annual Status Request thread should catch you up to speed.

Best wishes on your engagement and marriage!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I seem to recall Iaculus was a good bloke. He should come back (but maybe under another nickname, just to end the teasing). Wonder whatever happened to him.

Hmm, what other old regulars are we missing? JCM is too busy with family and such, I know that. Or, well, he's just all of us.
I can think of a few, but I don't wanna turn this into a roster of missing users, down that way lies madness.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

All I know is, if @North_Ranger starts posting here again, I will be both ecstatic and freaking the fuck out at the same time!

bhamv3

bhamv3

I want Chibi back.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I want Chibi back.
... you're not him? You really do all look alike.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

... you're not him? You really do all look alike.

(I'm going to hell for this one.)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Congrats on the impending nuptials, @ElJuski!

And great to see you, @HowDroll! (Hopefully you're avoiding the Drunken Hawks Fans at the moment...)

Jay

Jay

Seriously lots of past feces showing up this week.

Welcome back! Congrats dude and HOLA Droll. How quaint. How quaint.

Dat pizza.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Seriously lots of past feces showing up this week.

Welcome back! Congrats dude and HOLA Droll. How quaint. How quaint.

Dat pizza.
I'm gonna assume that was deliberate. :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

I want Chibi back.
I still feel bad for what happened there. He was a sweet guy, and he didn't deserve what he got. We're still facebook friends.

Cajungal

Cajungal

JUSKI, so sorry about your sister in law. Good to hear from you! Best wishes to you and your future wife. :D

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Juskman! Bro-fist!

If Mav comes back, everything civil about me will go out the window, and I will make it my purpose in life to drive him not just off the forum, but off a cliff.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I still feel bad for what happened there. He was a sweet guy, and he didn't deserve what he got. We're still facebook friends.
...What happened with Chibi? I do'nt really remember why he left, but I am a bit sad he's not around anymore.

bhamv3

bhamv3

...What happened with Chibi? I do'nt really remember why he left, but I am a bit sad he's not around anymore.
IIRC, got his English made fun of once too many times.

Bubble181

Bubble181

IIRC, got his English made fun of once too many times.
Ahem. :p

bhamv3

bhamv3

That was... uh... that was totally deliberate. Yes.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Joe's was good. Sal & Carmine's was even better...

Emrys

Emrys

Ahem.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Grammar nazi! You're making fun of my fourth language! I want to see you try Owlish! PFUH!
*flaps away angrily*

bhamv3

bhamv3

Grammar nazi! You're making fun of my fourth language! I want to see you try Owlish! PFUH!
Who?

Bubble181

Bubble181

...Fine, yes. But you're a foreigner too. I'm sure it's harder for dem 'mericans.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

...Fine, yes. But you're a foreigner too. I'm sure it's harder for dem 'mericans.
Who!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Your accent is horrible. No proper owl would say it with that inflection.

An exclamation mark, of all the.....tssss....

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Who?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Doctor Hoo?

GasBandit

GasBandit

You are very silly people.

Dei

Dei

ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT PLAIN ABOMINATION?!

Emrys

Emrys

You mean that pizza up towards the top of the page?

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT PLAIN ABOMINATION?!
...is there a joke about me in there? Abomination maybe, but plain? I hope not.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Maybe she's commenting on Juski's attractiveness? Or perceived lack of it, for that matter?

Can't be Droll being called plain, Droll's pretty.

Actually, Juski's pretty too.

Now I'm all confused.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Maybe she's commenting on Juski's attractiveness? Or perceived lack of it, for that matter?

Can't be Droll being called plain, Droll's pretty.

Actually, Juski's pretty too.

Now I'm all confused.
Droll's pretty.
Juski's handsome.
There's a difference ;)

bhamv3

bhamv3

Droll's pretty.
Juski's handsome.
There's a difference ;)
Yes, but neither of them are plain, per se.

So I'm still confused.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yes, but neither of them are plain, per se.

So I'm still confused.
And there's much to be said about you and me, but I doubt they mean us, either.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

The dough on that non-deep dish pizza looks over-floured and dry as fuck. Is it gluten-free and/or cardboard?

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The dough on that non-deep dish pizza looks over-floured and dry as fuck. Is it gluten-free and/or cardboard?
No, no, no, and no. It was, however, a triangle-shaped slice of awesomeness. Thin. Slightly crispy, but still foldable. Just plain yummy.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

ARE WE NOT GOING TO TALK ABOUT THAT PLAID ABOMINATION?!
Oh come on, he's not that bad once you get to know him.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wait. So @ElJuski and @HowDroll are getting married...to each other?

--Patrick

fade

fade

Hey, now I believe you're European. Now get greatly offended when I say the exact same thing to you about your English.

ElJuski

ElJuski

oh my

HowDroll

HowDroll

Wait. So @ElJuski and @HowDroll are getting married...to each other?

--Patrick
It was love at first dickerdoodle.

ElJuski

ElJuski

That and my general...wit

HowDroll

HowDroll

That and my general...wit
So that's what we're calling it now?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Indominus Rex got taken by a shitty movie.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So that's what we're calling it now?
Indominus Rex got taken by a shitty movie.
Clever girl.

--Patrick

Jay

Jay

I'm gonna assume that was deliberate. :D
I was confused at first... then embarrassed.

ICH.... is this real life?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I was confused at first... then embarrassed.

ICH.... is this real life?
Probably just fantasy

Emrys

Emrys

Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Probably just fantasy

Bubble181

Bubble181

Guys, guys....you're being silly again.

You know full well we've got no-one who can sing the high Galileo part properly and it's jsut not the same if you can't finish the song.

Let's pick something else.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

CynicismKills, open your eyes, look up to Emrys' post and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

CynicismKills, open your eyes, look up to Emrys' post and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Oh, there it is.

Emrys

Emrys

He's just a poor boy; he needs no sympathy.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

I'm easy come, easy go. :p

Emrys

Emrys

Little high; little low...

(sounds like someone needs medication)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Anyway, the wind blows. Matters to me, y'know.

Emrys

Emrys

Momma, just killed a man. Put a weasel 'gainst his head; pulled the trigger, now he's dead.

GasBandit

GasBandit

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Woah woah, who's pulling what weasel's trigger?

This is getting gross.

Bubble181

Bubble181

...aww, come on guys, I was hoping to really nail it on the "who-ho-ho-hooooo" bit, and now you choose to break the chain?

Pfft, can't even do the reliable silly anymore, these days. it's all a mess.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

But now you've gone and thrown it all away!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

...aww, come on guys, I was hoping to really nail it on the "who-ho-ho-hooooo" bit, and now you choose to break the chain?

Pfft, can't even do the reliable silly anymore, these days. it's all a mess.

Emrys

Emrys

ElJuski

ElJuski

hmm.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

mmh.

GasBandit

GasBandit