Wells Fargo sues... itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pojodan

Kinda like the time you pooped in the apartment living room while drunk, then got mad at everyone and told them whoever did it would be kicked out, then someone found the webcam video that was now on youtube of you doing it and you had to decide what to do.

Pojodan said:
Kinda like the time you pooped in the apartment living room while drunk, then got mad at everyone and told them whoever did it would be kicked out, then someone found the webcam video that was now on youtube of you doing it and you had to decide what to do.
That's when I kicked my own ass out.

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, oh please let it be for me! O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, I wish I wish I knew what it could be.

I got a box of maple sugar on my birthday! In march, I got a gray mackinaw! And once I got some grapefruit from Tampa! Mongom'ry Ward sent me a bath tub and a cross cut saw!

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' now, is it a prepaid surprise or COD?

that song goes through my head EVERY time I hear/read the name "Wells Fargo". Musical OCD at it's finest.

...The DAR have sent a cannon for the courthouse square...

(I've played the part of Oliver Hix, y'see)

--Patrick

It's probably because Wells Fargo recently merged with Wachovia. I'd guess one side is the old Wells Fargo and the other is the old Wachovia. It takes awhile for a bank merger to actually merge all operations due to regulation hurdles and the like. Still.....epic fail.

Dorko said:
O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, oh please let it be for me! O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street, I wish I wish I knew what it could be.

I got a box of maple sugar on my birthday! In march, I got a gray mackinaw! And once I got some grapefruit from Tampa! Mongom'ry Ward sent me a bath tub and a cross cut saw!

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' now, is it a prepaid surprise or COD?

that song goes through my head EVERY time I hear/read the name "Wells Fargo". Musical OCD at it's finest.
Damn it! Now when I get home I'm going to have to plug my old tower in so I can pull that DVD out of it and watch it.

C

Chibibar

Dieb said:
It's probably because Wells Fargo recently merged with Wachovia. I'd guess one side is the old Wells Fargo and the other is the old Wachovia. It takes awhile for a bank merger to actually merge all operations due to regulation hurdles and the like. Still.....epic fail.
ok.. that would make a little more sense.

Any Lawyers out there? How does one really sue oneself? I mean since the SAME company hire Defendant and Prosecution. Wouldn't that be "conflict" of interest?

C

Chazwozel

Didn't this happen with Fox when they threatened to sue The Simpsons (Matt Groening) over something, but it turned out by through the myriad of contracts that The Simpsons has with Fox, that they'd end up suing themselves?

PatrThom said:
(I've played the part of Oliver Hix, y'see)
Hey, me too! Seriously. There weren't enough guys who could sing so we made it a beautyshop quartet.

This really isn't Wells Fargo's fault. Due to a technicality in the law, its a sue everyone or no one situation. Wish that article wasn't written with less professionalism than a sports writer.

Covar said:
This really isn't Wells Fargo's fault. Due to a technicality in the law, its a sue everyone or no one situation.
Yes, but then it wouldn't be funny.

Chibibar said:
Wait..... so the band didn't get a license to play their own songs in Russia and thus has to pay a fine for their own songs???????

that is kinda mess up.

So basically in Russia, you need permission from the government to play your own songs in public.
On an interesting note from the states, John Fogerty was once sued for, basically, sounding too much like himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fogerty_v._Fantasy

C

Chibibar

Dorko said:
Chibibar said:
Wait..... so the band didn't get a license to play their own songs in Russia and thus has to pay a fine for their own songs???????

that is kinda mess up.

So basically in Russia, you need permission from the government to play your own songs in public.
On an interesting note from the states, John Fogerty was once sued for, basically, sounding too much like himself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fogerty_v._Fantasy
that is a little bit different I think.

I mean the guy made a song and sold EXCLUSIVE rights to a company/band (CCR which the song own by Fantasy Inc) then he "rewrote" the song to new words but kept the music which Fantasy Inc is suing for using it without their permission (yes the guy wrote it but when you sold exclusive rights, I don't think you can own it anymore)

It is still odd and weird, but at least that wiki made some sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.