[PC Game] What Half-Life should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, if you can find a copy, now would be the time to play Half-Life: Decay, the co-op campaign from the PS2 version of Half-Life. Or you could just watch the LP of it behind that link.

Yes, it's awful.

Ravenholm is a bitch the first time you play through it. Having played through the game a few times now, it's not as hard. In fact, I recently managed to get the "use only the portal gun in Ravenholm" trophy.

The first time I played through it, it was the dead of night, and I had a cat jump on the back of my chair whilst I was already amped up.

To say I screamed like a little schoolgirl would be an understatement.

Also, only gravgun? No sir! That's why we HAVE ammunition: to asplode howler zombies (oH My gOd Howler Zombies!)

I don't get the Ravenholm hatred. I didn't have a hard time with it--but maybe that's because I was very late to HL2 and had played 80+ hours of Left 4 Dead.

I don't hate it - I think it was a fantastic level, well-crafted and scripted, and very rewarding of creativity.

It just made me scream like a bitch, is all. The atmosphere was fantastic, the pacing was great... there's a reason that it stands out to so many people, and that's because it's one of the best sequences in the whole game.

I don't get the Ravenholm hatred. I didn't have a hard time with it--but maybe that's because I was very late to HL2 and had played 80+ hours of Left 4 Dead.
I also thought "wow, if I hadn't played left 4 dead, I would be having a much harder time in here!"*. Actually, playing left 4 dead has made me better at all first person shooters, when I'm in "left 4 dead season" and I get together with my friends to play COD or something like that, It's like I've had some magic potion!

Also, I think it's very interesting to see this "proto left 4 dead" style segment in this game!

Heh, they're sequels/expansions. Episode 1 and Episode 2 are both somewhat shorter than HL2, but still very much worth playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.